Load more than 125,000 players?

Hi,

I'm one of those people who like to load as many leagues and players as possible. So in the past I've been able to load all the leagues in the various megapacks that have existed as well as loading all players from all continents.

However with FM21 I'm not able to load any more players than the recommended limit of 125,000. If I load more then I won't be able to load my save directly after saving it for the first time.

Has anyone else had this experience, is there something that can be done?

• SI Staff

Like FrazT says above, the 125,000 is simply a recommendation and shouldn't affect loading/saving, although this could cause delays in saving and loading due to the size of the database

9 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Like FrazT says above, the 125,000 is simply a recommendation and shouldn't affect loading/saving, although this could cause delays in saving and loading due to the size of the database

So I am running an absolute power house: 3090, 6/12 cores/threads and 32 GB RAM. But the game is running way too slow for my liking. Hell, I am only loading 4 leagues and 12k players. But running through a season is taking a long time: it takes me approximately 18 hours per season and this is with auto-continue, instant sim for most games and cheat engine for 100x the speed. 

Surely I must be doing something wrong; OOTP baseball takes under 15 minutes to run through a season, and 20 after 15 seasons. I understand FM has significantly more players and more matches to emulate and more behind the scenes processing -- but is 6 hours per season unreasonable?

Looking forward to your reply

PS - Loving the game nonetheless. Glad to be back after a three year hiatus!

1 hour ago, casxera said:

So I am running an absolute power house: 3090, 6/12 cores/threads and 32 GB RAM. But the game is running way too slow for my liking. Hell, I am only loading 4 leagues and 12k players. But running through a season is taking a long time: it takes me approximately 18 hours per season and this is with auto-continue, instant sim for most games and cheat engine for 100x the speed. 

Surely I must be doing something wrong; OOTP baseball takes under 15 minutes to run through a season, and 20 after 15 seasons. I understand FM has significantly more players and more matches to emulate and more behind the scenes processing -- but is 6 hours per season unreasonable?

Hello. My laptop is a new gamer Alienware (yet, not as powerful as yours), and it takes me about two days to go through one season (Portugal + Champions, as coach of Porto). I think it's more about your expectations... FM is a very slow game (for whatever reason), regardless of computer power.

9 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Hello. My laptop is a new gamer Alienware (yet, not as powerful as yours), and it takes me about two days to go through one season (Portugal + Champions, as coach of Porto). I think it's more about your expectations... FM is a very slow game (for whatever reason), regardless of computer power.

Well I'll buy more power if need be. I just wish to know whether it is possible or not. It seems quite unreasonable to me that my PC has so much processing power yet it takes nearly the same amount of time to process as my lousy MacBook. There has to be an option to change it, or at least I'd like to hear the true reasons why not from the horse's mouth.

If I get ignored or if it's simply a lazy design decision, I'd like to avoid this game in the future and potentially refund it. 

However, I appreciate the reply, thanks.

Edited by casxera

4 hours ago, casxera said:

If you have only  4 leagues loaded, your machine should have no issues at all with running the game, Start by looking at what apps are loading at start up and close down all but the essential ones and then try the game without running any other apps at the same time.  If you still need help, raise a support ticket at SEGA customer help- details here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new

7 hours ago, casxera said:

So I am running an absolute power house: 3090, 6/12 cores/threads and 32 GB RAM. But the game is running way too slow for my liking. Hell, I am only loading 4 leagues and 12k players.

I suggest you compare your times with the benchmarks below, to see if there's an issue there.

With only 4 leagues loaded (especially if not on Full Detail), I feel you should be able to blitz through seasons.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, casxera said:

As @FrazThas said above, loading just four leagues and 12k players shouldn't be an issue at all. Would recommend reaching out to SEGA Support and opening a ticket at fm21.info/support-ticket. Our team will be able to assist you further. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

As @FrazThas said above, loading just four leagues and 12k players shouldn't be an issue at all. Would recommend reaching out to SEGA Support and opening a ticket at fm21.info/support-ticket. Our team will be able to assist you further. 

Thanks. 

Thank you, and I am glad to hear it. Typical SI -- always on top of things. Appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Zemahh said:

I suggest you compare your times with the benchmarks below, to see if there's an issue there.

With only 4 leagues loaded (especially if not on Full Detail), I feel you should be able to blitz through seasons.

Thank you I will check this out. I agree, I feel like I should.

1 hour ago, casxera said:

Thank you I will check this out. I agree, I feel like I should.

What is your actual CPU model?  Being paired with the 3090 I'd assume it's something decent.

I'd also make sure if you have two sticks of RAM that it's running in dual channel mode.

13 hours ago, casxera said:

That's a complete placebo by the way, pretty sure it has absolutely no noticeable effect other than visual.

44 minutes ago, forameuss said:

That's a complete placebo by the way, pretty sure it has absolutely no noticeable effect other than visual.

iirc it just makes the "tips" at the top whilst processing go quicker, so yeah complete placebo

6 hours ago, forameuss said:

Oh yeah I figured. Just speeds the instant continuing and animations, so it overall speeds the game up.

13 hours ago, casxera said:

Oh yeah I figured. Just speeds the instant continuing and animations, so it overall speeds the game up.

No, it doesn't,  It makes you think it does due to some changes to the visuals, but it has no actual effect on the processing speeds.

21 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

No, it doesn't,  It makes you think it does due to some changes to the visuals, but it has no actual effect on the processing speeds.

Next you'll be telling me that my lucky socks have no effect on my results  ;)

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Next you'll be telling me that my lucky socks have no effect on my results  ;)

I wouldn't say such a thing.  It's well established that lucky socks/hats/underpants help with results.  Science supports this.

E

Each to their own and all that, but why would you want to play with that many players? I aren't surprised even with an otherworldly set up your games running slow.

13 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I wouldn't say such a thing.  It's well established that lucky socks/hats/underpants help with results.  Science supports this.

I find eating a Greggs steak bake and looking at a Chuck Norris gif before any big games have never let me down

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

I find eating a Greggs steak bake and looking at a Chuck Norris gif before any big games have never let me down

On current form I'm prepared to try anything!  May have to be a Greggs Corned Beef pasty as it's the regional special round my way

I found that you can absolutely exceed the 125,000 player limit with little to no issues. The loading/saving/run time issues arise from the amount of leagues you have loaded.

So feel free to add extra players to the starting database (you should have more regens to choose from too), but limit the leagues you load. You can load the top 4/5 on view only, or just leave them all together. The only issue I've found is that you obviously cannot see the league table, but players still register ratings, transfers work fine as do youth intakes.

On 07/05/2021 at 04:59, kevhamster said:

Yes, that is precisely what I said haha

EDIT: No, that is not what I said actually, I misread. But I know, and I am in agreement with you. However, it does speed the game up, and allow me to explain why: I use instant continue, so it actually speeds up the animations that result from pressing continue. So, while it does not affect processing one bit, it does speed up the game so to speak i.e., it makes going through days quicker by virtue of speeding through the animations

I even timed it just to make sure it was not placebo or something. It was 10 seconds faster per day, which adds up quite a bit. 

Edited by casxera

On 05/05/2021 at 19:20, casxera said:

If you're willing to download and install stuff like that on your rig, then I'm guessing you're not too careful about what else you have on there. I'd do a malware scan sharpish, as there is no way FM with that setup should be running that slow.

2 hours ago, Lioncourt said:

If you're willing to download and install stuff like that on your rig, then I'm guessing you're not too careful about what else you have on there. I'd do a malware scan sharpish, as there is no way FM with that setup should be running that slow.

Cheat Engine is not malware. Nonetheless, I am absolutely sure I do not have malware but appreciate the reply.