Need my FB and wingers marking and closing down tweeked in 4231

I think the left side of my team is not bad but i think my problem is the right side

burnl4231t.jpg.ed34bd4c3d4d8b7600bb2d013322d39d.jpg

So the left winger and Left back link up well together plus i have Ball winner and LCB cover so they seem to mesh well

I also have the Inside Left on tight marking to track back as to have him close down more when to the right of him is the ball winner seems a bit much

On the other side however is where i think i have problems, So the right center back is on stopper with tight marking andthe right back is just on automatic with closing down more, i feel that it isn't right because the stopper semi closes down more so to have two next to each other seems silly i get that but the alternative is to have the CB on plain duty but then this throws up another problem

If he just holds position then in front of him is the DLP who 'Holds Position' as well so again i have 2 people static in the same zone

I also dont't know weather my Attaking Inside Forward on the right should be closing down more or tighter marking, the latter means both him and the DLP are not pressing and having him pressing more means both him and the RB are pressing so that feels weird as well

Generally i like to use the method of if on person is closing the guy next to him does nothing ect and so on but i haven't got this quite right

Any Clues?

1 hour ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

If he just holds position then in front of him is the DLP who 'Holds Position' as well so again i have 2 people static in the same zone

The UI for CBs is misleading. Although it no longer displays "Hold Position" on the player instructions screen, stopper/cover players have a hidden instruction to hold position in a more advanced/deeper position than the CB-d -- but they're still holding position. You don't see your CBs roaming around and exchanging positions, right? 

This isn't to say you might not still want a cover-stopper combination, but it shouldn't be for the reason you stated.

I've never used a cover-stopper combo, but can't help thinking that might be part of the problem. It just doesn't seem "right" in my head.

Beyond that, IDK, I've never had a tactic anywhere near that minimalistic in terms of TIs and reliant on PIs. 

40 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

I've never used a cover-stopper combo, but can't help thinking that might be part of the problem. It just doesn't seem "right" in my head.

Beyond that, IDK, I've never had a tactic anywhere near that minimalistic in terms of TIs and reliant on PIs. 

Yeah iv'e never used TI'S i only adjust the defensive line/width press more ect dependant on how the game is playing out, 

I like balance so if i want the CB or DLP spraying passes then shorter passing which i know a lot of people like messes that up

So if i was to switch the stopper to regular could i still have my RB closing down more?

Also i may then need to switch my center mid's but then i have the problem of my DLP pivoting and playing through balls and my Ball playing center back behind him pivoting and playing through balls, see what i mean

Edited by Dirkdiggler77