Conceding (and sometimes scoring) Goals Directly After Throw In's

Hello,

Curious to know, is anyone else experiencing this issue in FM21? I noticed it in FM20 but, I guess it's been a while and I don't remember it being nearly as bad as it appears to be this year.

For clarity's sake, here's what I mean...  (and I am NOT talking about "long throws") 

Either the opposition, or my team is awarded a throw in inside the attacking third, say halfway between the box and the midway line.  The throw will go short (sometimes slightly longer, but not more than a few yards really), and the defense is just completely oblivious to what's happening, allowing for, generally, a very easy pass or cross to goal.  

I have waited a while to post this thread because I wanted to make sure I wasn't just seeing something random.  I can confidently say that this is an extremely common occurrence.  Both the AI and I benefit from this, but it's also incredibly annoying because it's artificially inflating scores.  And it ruins the game for me in a way, because I know that if either team is given a throw, they're likely to score.  It's just like... knowing the result before it happens.  

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this?  Is this just a bug we have to live with? 

I am thinking of changing my throw in set piece defending so that we form a zonal marking line across the goal.  I am playing without making ANY changes to set pieces at the moment, so as to get a better sample of this happening.  

There are two ways to sort this out:

1. If you believe it's a bug, you can report it in the relevant section of the Bugs forum;

2. If you believe it has to do with how your throw-in routine is set up, then post a screenshot of that routine here so that people could offer some meaningful feedback.

I believe it is one of the goals on this FM just we sort of have to deal with.

Overloads and switching play are obviously incredibly dangerous IRL and in game, and unfortunately the game just sort of naturally creates this from the throw in position. I see a lot of it on my save, and I'm not really sure how to combat it at this stage. It just feels like your FB on the other side is particularly vulnerable and simply struggles to deal with it.

I'd love it if someone has a solution, because it's incredibly frustrating seeing the same pass played over and over.

11 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

There are two ways to sort this out:

1. If you believe it's a bug, you can report it in the relevant section of the Bugs forum;

2. If you believe it has to do with how your throw-in routine is set up, then post a screenshot of that routine here so that people could offer some meaningful feedback.

Unfortunately I was using the default set up. I've changed it just now, and I will report back my findings.  

Hi,

I made an identical observation in my current ongoing save. I noted that over 50% of the goals we were conceding were occurring in the exact manner in which you described. I list the difficulties in my thread:

I know it is a long read but I was getting extremely frustrated with what I perceived initially to be a bug. After dissecting highlights and checking set piece routines, some very minor instructions were causing significant flaws. After adjustments were made, these types of goal conceded were almost eradicated.

I hope this helps.

23 minutes ago, toshimitzou1 said:

Hi,

I made an identical observation in my current ongoing save. I noted that over 50% of the goals we were conceding were occurring in the exact manner in which you described. I list the difficulties in my thread:

I know it is a long read but I was getting extremely frustrated with what I perceived initially to be a bug. After dissecting highlights and checking set piece routines, some very minor instructions were causing significant flaws. After adjustments were made, these types of goal conceded were almost eradicated.

I hope this helps.

Cheers! I will give this a read.  Appreciate it!