How do I get a deep lying forward on support to score.

Hello everyone. I know deep lying forwards are not meant to be primary goalscorers but I want my goals in  my team to be spread out quite evenly. Are there an player traits,player instructions or team instructions I can use to help me. Thank you. 

Screenshot (82).png

I don't know how you can get a DLF on support duty to score goals, because I personally never care which of my players will score more or less goals as long as goals are being scored and the tactic works well as a whole.

However, I do know that you are hardly going to get a DLF on support duty to score many goals (if any) when you have both IFs around him (plus mezzala) on attacking duties whereas he himself is on support.

Only thing i can think of removing work ball into box so Slimani can get more crosses. He is tall enoguh to score some headers

Also you are using defend-cover partnership in defence and offside trap at the same time.

Edited by Egecann

You're using a plug & play downloaded tactic and those are usually designed to get best results possible overall, without focusing on one single player particularly. If you want to customize this specific tactic, your best bet is contacting the creator, otherwise you could try creating your own.

If you wanted your striker to be at the forefront, a role such as AF with Support rather than Attack Duties behind would make more sense.

On 28/04/2021 at 23:07, Experienced Defender said:

I don't know how you can get a DLF on support duty to score goals, because I personally never care which of my players will score more or less goals as long as goals are being scored and the tactic works well as a whole.

However, I do know that you are hardly going to get a DLF on support duty to score many goals (if any) when you have both IFs around him (plus mezzala) on attacking duties whereas he himself is on support.

There are exceptions to this especially if you have a really good player there. Harry Kane has scored a goal per 80ish minutes for me so far (fairly new signing) as dlfs in a 424 with an AF, IWs and Wa. Basically he is not a counter attacking goal scoring threat, but he still takes positions inside the box or on the edge whenever the possession takes a bit longer.

You can switch the DLF to attack duty, he will still link up play and allow overlapping interactions with your IF‘s but will focus on scoring to a greater extend.

Or you can build rather fluid interactions between the DLF and your IFs by making your IFs a support duty.

3 hours ago, Puluzu said:

There are exceptions to this especially if you have a really good player there. Harry Kane has scored a goal per 80ish minutes for me so far (fairly new signing) as dlfs in a 424 with an AF, IWs and Wa. Basically he is not a counter attacking goal scoring threat, but he still takes positions inside the box or on the edge whenever the possession takes a bit longer.

Have seen similar with a DLF(S) in a 424/442. Presumably, that's because in a 442/424, your opponent is often forced to matchup 1v1 (outside of Serie A, you don't see much 3 ATB), and the AF creates some additional space for the DLF to operate. In a 433, that numerical advantage doesn't exist, and there's not an AF (or w/e) to create space for the DLF. That's not to say they can't contribute in the goalscoring department, but you're obviously asking a lot more of them as a lone striker.

7 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Have seen similar with a DLF(S) in a 424/442. Presumably, that's because in a 442/424, your opponent is often forced to matchup 1v1 (outside of Serie A, you don't see much 3 ATB), and the AF creates some additional space for the DLF to operate. In a 433, that numerical advantage doesn't exist, and there's not an AF (or w/e) to create space for the DLF. That's not to say they can't contribute in the goalscoring department, but you're obviously asking a lot more of them as a lone striker.

Yeah that makes sense. This is my first save in 21 and I skipped 20, but in 19, 17 and 16 (or at least 2 out 3, can't remember exactly) I used to mostly use a dlf(s) as a lone striker and he would still score loads of goals. I remember Oscar Cardozo being an absolute fiend in that role in one save where he was topping the European scoring charts for like 3 seasons straight. He scored like 25 long shot goals per season, super realistic stuff :D