Sign high-reputation players...

Hey guys!

We are in 26/27 season in the future. Built a very strong squad from a very small country. But the point is. WHY??? :) Why isn't enough that kind of a player like Pembélé? Signed him coz hez having ridiculously good cons/imp attribs. ( Currently: 20/18) and needed a badass BPD,DE player for my first squad. :)

His currently reps are (checked via 3rd party stuff) Home: 8324, Current: 8317, World: 7279 

Somebody plz explain to me! Maybe the engine ignoring until i pay the whole package to PSG? (Bought with instalments method, so i didn't payed the whole package with one transaction)

Thank you guys!

My picture is speaking for itself. behold:

Signhighrepplayerswhat.png

Edited by Gabez
etc

My board were "devastated" that I hadnt signed any high rep players in my last year review- I did, however, win the CL and the league and cup double so why are they so upset?

The club vision module does need some adjustments in my view.

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

My board were "devastated" that I hadnt signed any high rep players in my last year review- I did, however, win the CL and the league and cup double so why are they so upset?

The club vision module does need some adjustments in my view.

LOL! That's silly method for expressing their gratitude! :idiot::D

Gosh... I hope they are fixing these bugs in the future! :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Gabez said:

Hey guys!

We are in 26/27 season in the future. Built a very strong squad from a very small country. But the point is. WHY??? :) Why isn't enough that kind of a player like Pembélé? Signed him coz hez having ridiculously good cons/imp attribs. ( Currently: 20/18) and needed a badass BPD,DE player for my first squad. :)

His currently reps are (checked via 3rd party stuff) Home: 8324, Current: 8317, World: 7279 

Somebody plz explain to me! Maybe the engine ignoring until i pay the whole package to PSG? (Bought with instalments method, so i didn't payed the whole package with one transaction)

Thank you guys!

My picture is speaking for itself. behold:

Signhighrepplayerswhat.png

His price doesn't make him high profile to be fair (Joelinton hello) , But the promise only matters if you aren't having success, I get the same thing every year but as i am winning things they let it go 

19 hours ago, cris182 said:

His price doesn't make him high profile to be fair (Joelinton hello) , But the promise only matters if you aren't having success, I get the same thing every year but as i am winning things they let it go 

Won CL and thank god my board let it go too! :cool: Ok i'm releasing the price part... I hoped 7000+ Wrep would good enough to statisfy my board needs... lol

I sign a player and get the response that the club / fans (?)  are delighted to sign a global super star. Wind forward a couple of weeks and the board is devastated that I haven't signed any high profile players!! This has happened a few times to me in FM21.

Edited by Hovis Dexter

The game code IMO does not take current context into account and judges you on facts rather than on facts while taking into account other factors like success and trophies won.  E.g. as well as being criticised for not signing high rep players, I have also been done for not spending the transfer budget ( thereby making more profit for the shareholders??)

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

The point is: what's the definition of a "high profile player"? Where do I see it in the player profile page, etc.?...

I suspect that high profile=high world reputation ( thereby increasing shirt sales etc)

4 hours ago, phd_angel said:

The point is: what's the definition of a "high profile player"? Where do I see it in the player profile page, etc.?...

When you go to make a transfer offer, it will tell you in the info box on the left if he meets a club vision criteria. Bare in mind that the expectation is to sign high-reputation players so just one superstar isn't likely to make them happy - they want a substantial portion of your signings to be high-reputation options, so that may often be cheaper former stars in their 30s.