[Discussion] Revamp Transfer Listings

seabas3

Hello,

I thought I would throw out there an idea I have had for a while to make FM more realistic. In real life (at least that I am aware of), there is not one major database or mainframe where clubs transfer list there players. Rather there are multiple factors which could indicate if a player is for sale or not. It could be made public, the agent is searching for a new club for their client to 'see what clubs are interested', players themselves will sometimes make noise on wanting to leave, rumors and media speculation along with a host of other scenarios dictate if a player is more available for a transfer.

We already have 'Agent Availability' which is a good indication of how a player might feel (more of what they want) about a transfer AND what to possibly expect when dealing with a club. Now originally I was thinking a percentage of "possibility of being up for sale" or something of the like which could work but FM have already backed away from percentages with Conditioning and Match Sharpness so this is where I am a bit stumped and listed a few more ideas below: 

• Word descriptions which are color coded.   "Definitely" "Publicly Unhappy at Club" "Rumored" "Not Interested" are just a few examples of the 'word descriptions' which then would be color coded from Bright Green or Gold to Red/Black.
    • I feel that this could be another avenue rather than being the defined "transfer status" of a player. This could have something to do with a player's Dynamics, Future Plans or Transfer Status.
  • Percentages. I mentioned this earlier and this does seem viable but more for "Rumors" that social media and reporters would use. This could be applied to being asked of you by a reporter; "How likely are you to sign player x in the coming days?" Response: "100%". 
    • Or I find that this could fix a common inbox message which is "transfer story has been leaked". I feel that this is a key area which could be expanded upon by SI - rather than having "transfer story leaked" there could be a weekly/monthly report which could be sent to your inbox on what the media believe to be key transfers not just about your club but, but your league and global big transfers with a high reputation or high amount of money. 
    • This is also applied to the start of transfer windows when you get that one message which talks about the transfer window being opened and a rumored transfer. 
  • Thumbs Up or Face Emoji. The same idea - color coded but have multiple different options on a player's availability for transfer.

I'm sure I've missed other ideas so please let me know what you all think. Again I apologize if this has been discussed before.

LOANS

This could also be applied to loans in my opinion, seeing what players are directly available and actively being sent out by their clubs and whom are not.

This is just a small sample, I have a lot more I want to add to this but I don't feel I can communicate that appropriately just via this post. 

• 6 months later...
  • SI Staff

Hey @seabas3 you started this out as a discussion. I don't want to presumptively review this as though its a fully formed idea, there have been some further iterations on transfers this year as well. Have you had time to perhaps settle on what you personally think could be good and how recent changes my in turn give you further ideas, alter the existing ones or work with them?

• 1 month later...

Hello @Michael Sant. Apologies for the extremely late reply - I don't come on here much. 

With the transfer revamp that we've seen this year, a lot of my ideas have been scratched off as they are now in the game. I still however feel like the transfer circus could be expanded upon more - especially at the highest level.

• Players need to talk more. I still feel that players aren't talking enough in FM22 nor are making enough actions when it comes to either testing the waters for a transfer or genuinely wanting to move out of a club. This could deepen the dynamics when it comes to morale and relationships with your players and squad happiness. Agents talk enough now, but imo more is needed in this regard - even if there are more messages from your Personal Assistant or Director of Football giving you a heads up or telling you how some players or agents of players feel about the upcoming window.
  • Speaking of Directors and Transfer Committee's. It's been well documented the amount of communication which goes on in regards to transfers and loans but which amounts to absolutely nothing. Now I don't want to be overwhelmed with a million messages - but what we see in the Transfer Deadline Day section with players and agents testing the waters or are interested in moving, I feel can be expanded upon.
    • The first point on this is more variables when it comes to an interest in moving. I feel like there are really only 2 if not 3 stages of a player/agent which is not interested - somewhat interested - and very interested/desperate. Varying the eagerness/desire of a player and/or their agent for me is a must and the dynamism of the game.
    • We have the transfer/squad improvement meeting before every window and at the start of seasons. Expanding on this, can we have a "Transfer Committee". Clubs vary in structure but there is a general outline now where there is some form of a "committee" which involves multiple members of backroom staff that come together to select targets. In this you can also add a new dynamic in regards to connections that ones have with players - whether that's staff members who are close with former players and clubs or directors who have connections and like I mentioned from my previous point - call other directors to shoot out interest and test the waters in regards to the availability of players. From this you can also have these staff members (particularly the directors who work with the recruitment team) to give you reports (on a timely basis chosen by you) on players who may be available. This fluctuates as club circumstances change, injuries, transfers, coaching preferences, etc...
  • Transfer Deadline Day. Just a note - but transfer deadline day doesn't always seem to work for me. I've managed in Canada, Colombia, Denmark and England so far for FM22 and only in England has it worked for me. Anyways just a side point I thought I'd bring up.
  • "Potential Transfer Reports" - One thing I'd like to see is a report within my inbox which talks about shortlisted players or players whom my Recruitment Team that has identified as potential transfers - and how they feel about a transfer. We see this in deadline day where players are "testing the waters" and this is what I posted about above. I would like to see (only for players that have been made available to you, players that have been scouted, and through media speculation) players and how they feel on a scale about a transfer. I refer to this point that I made above:
    • "Word descriptions which are color coded.   "Definitely" "Publicly Unhappy at Club" "Rumored" "Not Interested" are just a few examples of the 'word descriptions' which then would be color coded from Bright Green or Gold to Red/Black.
      • I feel that this could be another avenue rather than being the defined "transfer status" of a player. This could have something to do with a player's Dynamics, Future Plans or Transfer Status."

That's all I really have for now. As I play more I will note down more ideas.

• 8 months later...