I'm looking to start a game whereby I implement a Vertical Tiki Taka style with Crystal Palace. 

I know the starting squad will not be suited to this initially, so I need to get my recruitment right. With this in mind I'm trying to narrow down 6-8 attributes that I'd like all my signings to have at least a 10 rating in. 

In my head I'm thinking. 

First Touch and Passing - Ability to control the ball and pick out the right pass in tight spaces and at pace. 

Concentration and Decisions - Focusing for the full 90 minutes and making the right decisions. 

Teamwork and Work Rate - A high pressing passing game, seems obvious that I would need my players to work together and will help with forwards defensive side of the game. 

Acceleration and Stamina - High pressing and vertical movement will require my players to be able to get into space or close down their men quickly, and will also be draining on the old legs. 

Do these sound sensible? Ideally I would add more, but the more attributes I focus on will make recruitment even more difficult. 

I also feel that all of these attributes can be universal, and my goalkeepers will need all of these as much as the forwards. 

You can create a club DNA for your style of play like this. There are useful informations in @Rashidi’s youtube channel bustthenet for creating a club DNA. Also there are finely contributed posts about it in the forums.

Tifo Football explained sarri’s vertical tiki taka at Napoli as simple as possible in their youtube channel also.

5A51E6D0-E64F-4C93-B583-AA2EE8C6F331.png

029779C3-882F-49C3-948B-1C855B9DC985.png

5FEFB51F-1851-4BCC-96C0-77CE804F0564.png

0EF7D03F-0FB6-48AD-AE86-16F566B114B0.png

Vertical tiki taka is a high pressing, possession based style of play. The aim is to create vertical incisive passes, rather than the slower sideways passing of Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona."

Edited by zabyl
3 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

First Touch and Passing - Ability to control the ball and pick out the right pass in tight spaces and at pace. 

Concentration and Decisions - Focusing for the full 90 minutes and making the right decisions. 

Teamwork and Work Rate - A high pressing passing game, seems obvious that I would need my players to work together and will help with forwards defensive side of the game. 

Acceleration and Stamina - High pressing and vertical movement will require my players to be able to get into space or close down their men quickly, and will also be draining on the old legs. 

I would definitely also go for vision as it allows your players to have the best view of where opportunities arise for a good pass. 

Off the Ball movement ist also quite important, die make runs into the right space or move into pockets to be a viable passing option

41 minutes ago, zabyl said:

You can create a club DNA for your style of play like this. There are useful informations in @Rashidi’s youtube channel bustthenet for creating a club DNA. Also there are finely contributed posts about it in the forums.

Tifo Football explained sarri’s vertical tiki taka at Napoli as simple as possible in their youtube channel also.

5A51E6D0-E64F-4C93-B583-AA2EE8C6F331.png

029779C3-882F-49C3-948B-1C855B9DC985.png

5FEFB51F-1851-4BCC-96C0-77CE804F0564.png

0EF7D03F-0FB6-48AD-AE86-16F566B114B0.png

Vertical tiki taka is a high pressing, possession based style of play. The aim is to create vertical incisive passes, rather than the slower sideways passing of Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona."

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely check out some YouTube videos for inspiration on creating a club DNA to see if there's anything I haven't considered. 

Using the Tifo video as a point of reference my initial thoughts on team instructions would be. 

Narrow, Play Out of Defence, Shorter Passing, Higher Tempo, Work Ball Into Box

Counter, Counter Press, Take Short Kicks

Offside Trap, Higher DL, Force Outside, More Urgent Press, Prevent Short GK Distribution 

Player roles-

SK-De

FB-Su CD-De BPD-De WB-Su

DLP-De

BBM-Su          Mez-Su

W-Su                                IF-Su

DLF-At

In my head this makes sense. 

I know there are a lot of support duties, but I need as many players as possible to be involved in all phases of play. 

33 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

I would definitely also go for vision as it allows your players to have the best view of where opportunities arise for a good pass. 

Off the Ball movement ist also quite important, die make runs into the right space or move into pockets to be a viable passing option

Vision and Off The Ball I would consider for outfield positions. 

My initial idea is a base of 8 that would apply to all positions from GK to ST and build from there. 

I'd like to keep things as simple as possible from the start and slowly evolve this into something as my reputation grows and I can afford to bring in top players who will have more attributes in high figures. 

On 26/04/2021 at 14:46, lfds89 said:

10 rating is way too low for the Premier League. You need at least 13/14.

I would look for higher attributes, but my idea is that if even 1 of the core attributes is below a 10 I would not have the player in my club. 

If you’re trying a tactic out, I suggest using a big team save to see how the final product should look like. Then once you understand how it should work, it’s easier to understand what you need to do with Crystal Palace.

Edited by backpocket