Is there a chance that in a next version of the game we can have rules about foreign players as they are in the real world? In my South Korea game and in my game in China after 15-20 seasons top clubs have like one to five domestic players and all rest foreigners.

I think it would be great add on and make game more realistic.

Completely agree with this it would be great to have realistic squad rules and it would add a really interesting challenge to the game in that you’d have to consider foreign limits etc when building a squad. I feel like it’s really unlikely to be added though because the main point of the mobile game is to be a “pick up and play” version of FM and the devs have to consider casual players who just want to sign their chosen players regardless of nationality

On 21/04/2021 at 21:01, lcutini said:

Completely agree with this it would be great to have realistic squad rules and it would add a really interesting challenge to the game in that you’d have to consider foreign limits etc when building a squad. I feel like it’s really unlikely to be added though because the main point of the mobile game is to be a “pick up and play” version of FM and the devs have to consider casual players who just want to sign their chosen players regardless of nationality

But whats the fun of playing Korean or China league without players from those countries :)

On 21/04/2021 at 20:01, lcutini said:

Could be a purchasable unlockable to remove league nationality limits

12 hours ago, Zoot said:

But whats the fun of playing Korean or China league without players from those countries :)

I agree 100%. In all of my saves I try to stick to domestic players or I try to figure out what the real life foreign player rules are and abide by those. IMO what the game really needs is some sort of ‘realistic’ mode for those of us who want a more in depth experience but also want the benefits of the mobile game - something with more accurate squad registration rules and other things like that which make the game more in depth 

5 hours ago, lcutini said:

I agree 100%. In all of my saves I try to stick to domestic players or I try to figure out what the real life foreign player rules are and abide by those. IMO what the game really needs is some sort of ‘realistic’ mode for those of us who want a more in depth experience but also want the benefits of the mobile game - something with more accurate squad registration rules and other things like that which make the game more in depth 

I'll have a think about this side of things - I've tried to avoid making the game too complex, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you with regards to domestic player restrictions in some leagues ... 

11 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll have a think about this side of things - I've tried to avoid making the game too complex, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you with regards to domestic player restrictions in some leagues ... 

it’s definitely a fine line between realism and pick up and play and I feel like the mobile game overall balances that really well, but yeah in some leagues (MLS and the A League in Australia come to mind) the domestic player restrictions seem like they’re more integral to experiencing the league 

On 30/04/2021 at 03:44, Zoot said:

Well, I just finished a career in China where I got 3 players to score 1000 goals in parallel - and let me tell you, it was a LOT of fun! :D 

BUT...

I am in total favour of having domestic player restrictions added. I want the game to be realistic as possible and without domestic player restrictions some of these leagues are a joke - by that I mean I only see them as a means for ridiculous record breaking careers, not proper ones. Adding the restrictions in would make them worthwhile challenges in their own right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2021 at 07:47, Zoot said:

Is there a chance that in a next version of the game we can have rules about foreign players as they are in the real world? In my South Korea game and in my game in China after 15-20 seasons top clubs have like one to five domestic players and all rest foreigners.

I think it would be great add on and make game more realistic.

Yes to this! Would enjoy the game much more with real life rules. 

On 30/04/2021 at 12:54, Marc Vaughan said:

Could you not make it optional at the start of the game? Like the unlockables for example. 

Edited by Hildor