Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, XaW said:

If you have any suggestion as to how it could work, please post it in the suggestions forum. I agree it needs changing, but I'm also at a loss as to how it should be kept interesting. I mean, press conferences in real life is quite boring and repetitive in real life as well...

Admittedly I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I know it won't be easy to improve on.

I think they need to give more intelligence to the journalists and the ability to develop relationship/enemies with them and their publishment. I know this is sort of in the game already, but I've never paid much attention to it.

The questions are so predicatble and it's just the same questions being repeated over and over. Also the gestures this year are dreadful. Very few of them see realistic and they add very little. Answering questions should be instinctive and snappy. Having to click a gesture and then select an appropriate answer (after reading them all) is a huge drag.

I'll get thinking with FM22 in mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, McClane29 said:

Admittedly I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I know it won't be easy to improve on.

I think they need to give more intelligence to the journalists and the ability to develop relationship/enemies with them and their publishment. I know this is sort of in the game already, but I've never paid much attention to it.

The questions are so predicatble and it's just the same questions being repeated over and over. Also the gestures this year are dreadful. Very few of them see realistic and they add very little. Answering questions should be instinctive and snappy. Having to click a gesture and then select an appropriate answer (after reading them all) is a huge drag.

I'll get thinking with FM22 in mind.

I think the gestures are an improvement upon the old "tone" system, and I think it works fine for team talks as such.

As for press conferences, I made a post about it a while ago with some suggestions, but the whole aspect of press conferences is a bit of an enigma, really. If you make it real it's boring, so how should it work? My suggestion is to make a "light" version with only a few questions except for finals, title deciders, relegation, and the like with quite specific questions as to how likely you are to win the match, and really contextual questions. Doing it so rarely will avoid the questions being to repetitive for the most part. The "regular" everyday questions could be a few in regards to an injured player, and much the same as now, but only one or two every time.

I'd love to have some brilliant suggestion that would wow everyone, but this is as good as I've thought of yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 26.2.2021 um 19:25 schrieb Pasonen:

Yeah this year's game gave back hope for even better future for FM series. Thanks for that once again

Not even that, as far as I know, SI moved into a bigger office, more jobs available and they still have their core of genious employees:cool:  It's like having a team with a lot of CA+180-players, state of the art facilities and a perfect scouting-network to sign the next wonderkids:D 

Summary: With the right club vision, this team will be the GOAT:brock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dunk105 said:

Regarding crossing- putting aside how it affects what happens on the pitch the reason it really needs to be fixed is this:

image.png.27a43aef18acc6b824e6607b2d136cd7.png

Matches are just simply unwatchable as the AI is attempting even more crosses and suffering too- so if you watch a game extended or full the player is seeing upwards of 30 crosses blocked per game. The cross completion percentage isnt the issue- its the amount of crosses attempted and us having to sit through a game where the majority of highlights are blocked crosses.

The reason I think not all see this is that its particularly prevalent when a players team has a high reputation- meaning the AI parks the bus every game and the flanks are clear, so even tactics not designed to exploit the space wide find the ball goes out wide anyway (as it should). I in turn see it more when I play games like this and I defend narrow.

On a side note- high reputation teams get fouled a lot so some games Im looking at highlights like this in conjunction with park the bus ( I won 3-0):

image.png.ac0a7046647ca510e434350e24fff97e.png

21 fouls is a little on the low side for an average game against lesser opposition but 61 crosses is ridiculous. Highlights sometimes are nothing more than the goals, blocked crosses and fouls.

61 crosses from these instructions (no PIs) in a tika taka 4231 I use against Park the Bus- this tactic should not be generating 61 crosses (the freekicks I acknowledge will add to the crossing but this aside 40 is too much with this setup):

image.png.bb9e7bf169ef6f51d363ebb158ffbaf1.png

Does it affect my results? No, Im still dominant. Does it make watching games a chore and the match unenjoyable? Yes.

 

Uses a tactic with wide players that will cross more often. Proceeds to complain there is too many crosses. Sigh.

Attacks fairly narrow. Proceeds to complain too many blocked crosses. Double sigh.:applause:

Edited by zyfon5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Uses a tactic with wide players that will cross more often. Proceeds to complain there is too many crosses. Sigh.

Attacks fairly narrow. Proceeds to complain too many blocked crosses. Double sigh.:applause:

So attack narrow doesn't mean concentrate attacks through the centre of the pitch, hence, not putting in as many crosses and where possible, even when in possession out wide, go back to the middle of the park, only cross as a last resort?

 

In addition, they may have cross more but I'll add two negators; work ball into box should also lower the amount of crosses and the fact that they are inverted wingers they shouldn't be looking to cross from wide positions, so it would be interesting to see where they are attempting to cross from. 

 

Still, for me, with work ball into box and play narrow there should not be that amount of attempted crosses.

Edited by dolph11
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that there needs to be more overhaul on the manager side of things for FM22

I tend to rule with an iron fist at my clubs and am fully aware that this will cause disharmony. What annoys me is the sixth player to come to me asking for a new contract and getting the same flea in his ear that I gave everyone says "I thought this would have gone differently"

I've even had that with the same player two years in a row. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, XaW said:

I think the gestures are an improvement upon the old "tone" system, and I think it works fine for team talks as such.

As for press conferences, I made a post about it a while ago with some suggestions, but the whole aspect of press conferences is a bit of an enigma, really. If you make it real it's boring, so how should it work? My suggestion is to make a "light" version with only a few questions except for finals, title deciders, relegation, and the like with quite specific questions as to how likely you are to win the match, and really contextual questions. Doing it so rarely will avoid the questions being to repetitive for the most part. The "regular" everyday questions could be a few in regards to an injured player, and much the same as now, but only one or two every time.

I'd love to have some brilliant suggestion that would wow everyone, but this is as good as I've thought of yet.

I disagree about the gestures, I just find them unrealistic.

 

I agree about the press conferences though. I hate them myself, especially after a season in the game when it is the same rubbish every conference ."I'm expecting you lot to whip up another frenzy in a couple of weeks" - They even have an answer that sums up the whole of the press conferences in a save. BUT, like you, I am at a loss as to how they could improve them. I think they are just going to have to be one of those things we live with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dolph11 said:

So attack narrow doesn't mean concentrate attacks through the centre of the pitch, hence, not putting in as many crosses and where possible, even when in possession out wide, go back to the middle of the park, only cross as a last resort?

 

In addition, they may have cross more but I'll add two negators; work ball into box should also lower the amount of crosses and the fact that they are inverted wingers they shouldn't be looking to cross from wide positions, so it would be interesting to see where they are attempting to cross from. 

 

Still, for me, with work ball into box and play narrow there should not be that amount of attempted crosses.

Look at the tactic as a whole do not just focus on the two instructions. Why can't inverted wingers cross from wide positions? They can cut inside and cross which is even better as it opens up the angle for them to cross instead of crossing from the byline.

Play narrow does not mean that you only attack from the central area. You do most of your build up from the central areas but it does not mean you cannot make your last pass or cross from the wide areas. And PI has priority over TI meaning that the WB and the FB(a) does not care about the TI most of the time coupled with their higher mentality which gives them even more tactical freedom.

Work ball into box is not an instruction that you use every game. It can make it worse for you especially against certain formations.

Anyway this is not a tactical discussion thread just pointing out a few problems with the thought process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Since the update to 21.3 the game seems to be working my computer harder. The fan is used more often and is louder as well. This occurs both during a match and outside of a match as well.

Same, my fan goes crazy when it's processing & my laptop's more than capable of running the game

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

Look at the tactic as a whole do not just focus on the two instructions. Why can't inverted wingers cross from wide positions? They can cut inside and cross which is even better as it opens up the angle for them to cross instead of crossing from the byline.

Play narrow does not mean that you only attack from the central area. You do most of your build up from the central areas but it does not mean you cannot make your last pass or cross from the wide areas. And PI has priority over TI meaning that the WB and the FB(a) does not care about the TI most of the time coupled with their higher mentality which gives them even more tactical freedom.

Work ball into box is not an instruction that you use every game. It can make it worse for you especially against certain formations.

Anyway this is not a tactical discussion thread just pointing out a few problems with the thought process.

Correct, not a tactical discussion page and I only responded as I fell your response to his post was disingenuous with the 'sighs', as though he was oblivious to mistakes in his tactic that aren't necessarily what you say they are, genuinely. Almost as if to ridicule his post. I'll leave it there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

after the update every match ending 1-1. My goals coming from penalties and opponents coming from throw-ins. All other shots saving by goalkeepers or hitting opponents defenders legs :D and also crosses=corners :D

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

And another creepy match. Opponent get red card at the beginning of the match. But our goals came from free-kick :D Other all positions blocked by defenders /saving from goalkeeper. And also crosses blocked. 

I am using same tactic. I used it with saint-etienne before the winter update. I became champion at the second season and also champions league runner-up. Something wrong with this winter update ME

Ekran Alıntısı2.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Agree- wasn't going to buy this years after lasts ME was so poor but after playing the beta I was convinced due to the beta ME. I just dont understand why after the praise it got that the elements that made it so great are no longer present.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, XaW said:

I think the gestures are an improvement upon the old "tone" system, and I think it works fine for team talks as such.

As for press conferences, I made a post about it a while ago with some suggestions, but the whole aspect of press conferences is a bit of an enigma, really. If you make it real it's boring, so how should it work? My suggestion is to make a "light" version with only a few questions except for finals, title deciders, relegation, and the like with quite specific questions as to how likely you are to win the match, and really contextual questions. Doing it so rarely will avoid the questions being to repetitive for the most part. The "regular" everyday questions could be a few in regards to an injured player, and much the same as now, but only one or two every time.

I'd love to have some brilliant suggestion that would wow everyone, but this is as good as I've thought of yet.

How about one option per press conference that just sets the tone of the entire conference? A few different options like ‘standard press conference’, ‘praise team’, ‘criticism opposition’ - and maybe some options can be specific based on context - but it’s one option for the whole conference and it sets the tone which could have an effect on morale etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

Agree- wasn't going to buy this years after lasts ME was so poor but after playing the beta I was convinced due to the beta ME. I just dont understand why after the praise it got that the elements that made it so great are no longer present

I'm enjoying the challenge of the match Engine now it was way to easy to win a game before hand 

Edited by Mcfc1894
.
Link to post
Share on other sites

With the last update I saw terrible mistakes. When I played a game and the game score was wrong. For example I played with Beşiktaş against Benfica and I won 4-2 but after the game the score was shown 3-3. And the player's profile are ridiculous. If you countinue this mistakes , I don't buy this game another time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started a new save after 21.3 in Ireland. In the five games I've played I've scored 3 (2 from open play, 1 corner). The AI has scored 5 (2 penalties (one from my own attacking throw in), 2 throw ins (one-two cross), 1 free kick where they played the ball to the always unmarked player top of the box bug).. I've set up all set pieces as best I could - still can't mark on throw ins or even throw the ball into my own team. I'm curious what other people have experienced in regards to the match engine producing open play goals at various levels. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand why it's so important for FM that I lose against crappy teams that loses to everyone else? Right now, it's Cheltenham. Seven games so far, They have five losses and two ties. Beats me 2-0 without any effort. That's a reload.

And no, it's not complacency.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Uses a tactic with wide players that will cross more often. Proceeds to complain there is too many crosses. Sigh.

Attacks fairly narrow. Proceeds to complain too many blocked crosses. Double sigh.:applause:

The reason I do this is because I know wide play and crossing is an issue and every team plays ptb against me, so I want to be compact except for my fullbacks who get into space. I was inspired by Rashidi's Bayern thread so think the basis of the tactic is fairly sound. 

Hardly as if Im struggling.....despite your sarcastic claps and sighs....

image.thumb.png.e2a981a9b18225de738b571a904cb60c.png

image.thumb.png.ca85f5bc08890e11d22808949fb89306.png

You also miss that a tactic with low tempo and work ball into box should not be resulting in huge amounts of crosses, and also more crucially that the AI does the same, and also that my main issue is the number of attempted crosses attempted leading to high amounts of blocked crosses- completion percentage I have no issue with (this last bit I clearly mention).

 

 

Edited by dunk105
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mcfc1894 said:

I'm enjoying the challenge of the match Engine now it was way to easy to win a game before hand 

It still easy, its just tedious to  watch, interesting how low goals scored are for other sides too, hardly surprising in how defensive the AI setup.

image.thumb.png.48166cae1fc22161a133ff6ea1c305f1.png

 

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see that "The Dugout" is still all over the shop. Some games you get nothing, other games you get the same message 3 times in different places even when you click ignore. You even get recommendations to substitute players on the other team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Il 27/2/2021 in 18:32 , MatthewS17 ha scritto:

Incredibly irritated by some of the changes to player attributes in this update. 

Yes, yes, I know I'm a Man United fan, and I might have bias, but changes to a few players constantly baffle me. 

This, in mind, while Kalidou Koulibaly continuing to have the attributes of a "strong physical, non technical(stereotype much?)" type player while it's well known by watches and by his stats that he's one of the best ball playing CBs around. 

Back to the club I know well, though, Marcus Rashford receives downgrades to his PA despite putting up his best numbers? Hes putting up insane numbers of goals and assists despite being slightly out of form? Doesn't that mean his full potential is quite high for a player in form? 

Mason Greenwood, at 19 has struggled a bit this season, but that is largely overblown because of how good he was last season, with 17 goals in a debut season, but gets a downgrade? Despite being 19? 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka gets a massive downgrade despite being almost exactly the same player, with the same kind of form as he showed last season. 

Shaw'd upgrade is so minimal despite being one of the best LBs in the league this season.

A balancing of Bruno (who still gets a downgraded attribute), despite his numbers being utterly insane for a year now. But no, he gets a minimal increase. 

I would understand if it's Telles, De Gea, Martial(who should have been significant), Lindelof, Matic, even Cavani or James. 

Liverpool ratings did not take such an attribute hit despite being quite well below par this season. I'll look at a certain Trent Alexander Arnold whose downgrade is nowhere near the state of AWB. And yet one maintained form, the other is out of it, but the player who maintained gets the massive downgrade. 

I'm actually trying to be slightly objective, but this is just insane. 

It's almost FIFA levels of ludicrous.

Are you saying they finally nerfed Man Utd players? I was losing any hopes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dunk105 said:

Agree- wasn't going to buy this years after lasts ME was so poor but after playing the beta I was convinced due to the beta ME. I just dont understand why after the praise it got that the elements that made it so great are no longer present.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve asked how to play earlier versions of FMT on iPad. The beta was exciting and flowed like a proper football match. Each update, like gravity, pulls it back down to 20.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played this franchise from the beginning and therefore think it is absolutely right I am allowed to give my two pennies worth, afterall, I've spent more than two pennies with the game franchise over the years.

I've played football management sims since '83 - time forgives technical allowances. We are are in 2021 now, and weighing up everything I think the FM match engine and the people behind it are way behind the times. Football analytics (believe me, I know something about the real side of the game) and stats have fallen behind the times; it was an excuse before when we didn't have the software, hardware and coding.

Every year, despite what my head says, I find myself buying the game in hope that it is moving on. However, the last few years I find I do not have the patience watching hilights with mistakes that I seem junior teams not so dumb to make. Ultimately I'm a purist so want to see good attacking and defending. Quite frankly the the defensive side of the game is very very poor -  I do not know who tests or gets involved with the tactical side of the game, but I am pretty confident no acclaimed coach would put their name to this game. I guess it's why more real life players would prefer to play FIFA over FM. In Germany i know the FM database has been used as a scouting tool, whereas FIFA is used a tactical tool - that's the difference.

Sports Interactive (imo) have put off re-writing the match engine for cost and lack of knowledge. I hope one day they once again employ players and coaches to scrutinise the game. That's the point I'm trying to make I guess... If you want a management game buy Football Manager, if you want a simulation game look elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess it's your lucky day because SI do confere with a lot of coaches and people involved in real life football.

2 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

 if you want a simulation game look elsewhere.

 

Where exactly would that be?

Link to post
Share on other sites

FM is a decent representation of real football but it has some glaring issues still. 
 

The goalkeeper not being able to be sent off with a straight red being a case in point. You can even do that in FIFA. 

Edited by DP
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

Well I guess it's your lucky day because SI do confere with a lot of coaches and people involved in real life football.

 

Where exactly would that be?

There is no other football sim of note. There are other better sports sims though, by some margin too.

Ray Houghton once put his name to the game - I'm not sure many professionals would now for the shame of ridicule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

I've played this franchise from the beginning and therefore think it is absolutely right I am allowed to give my two pennies worth, afterall, I've spent more than two pennies with the game franchise over the years.

I've played football management sims since '83 - time forgives technical allowances. We are are in 2021 now, and weighing up everything I think the FM match engine and the people behind it are way behind the times. Football analytics (believe me, I know something about the real side of the game) and stats have fallen behind the times; it was an excuse before when we didn't have the software, hardware and coding.

Every year, despite what my head says, I find myself buying the game in hope that it is moving on. However, the last few years I find I do not have the patience watching hilights with mistakes that I seem junior teams not so dumb to make. Ultimately I'm a purist so want to see good attacking and defending. Quite frankly the the defensive side of the game is very very poor -  I do not know who tests or gets involved with the tactical side of the game, but I am pretty confident no acclaimed coach would put their name to this game. I guess it's why more real life players would prefer to play FIFA over FM. In Germany i know the FM database has been used as a scouting tool, whereas FIFA is used a tactical tool - that's the difference.

Sports Interactive (imo) have put off re-writing the match engine for cost and lack of knowledge. I hope one day they once again employ players and coaches to scrutinise the game. That's the point I'm trying to make I guess... If you want a management game buy Football Manager, if you want a simulation game look elsewhere.

There is simply so much wrong with this post, that I don't know where to begin. First of all, you are very close to being disrespectful to the devs, and you make a lot of grand statements that you have no backup for without detailed knowledge of how things are run inside SI. So I think you should stop being so grand, and rather go into details about how you think the game should be changed.

I've also played the game for too many years, but my opinion is no more important than anyone buying FM21 as their first game of the franchise. Neither are yours for that matter.

SI do work with known football staff, so that point is moot.

The ME could be improved, no doubt, but this version is really good, and the tactical instructions given are clearly shown on the pitch. That's to say, both good and bad will show, and if you use contradicting instructions you will probably not see either much.

If anyone in Germany are using FIFA as a tactical tool, I'd be most curious as to who? FIFA is an arcade-like game, and I'd be most surprised to see anyone using it as an in-depth tactical tool since it's, well not even close to being anything like that. FIFA is a fun game, but as a tactical simulator? I've never heard of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

FM and FIFA are so vastly different as games, there's no useful comparison to be made. The only thing they have in common is the sport. 

They are. To say there's useful comparison is a little blind. Both are used used in the professional game as tools - one as a tactical tool. 

It does irritate me on this forum that as a player football management sims that far outweighs most other players with over 30 years (yes, I do remember the days of playing PBM with the Collyer brothers) that it seems I cannot express myself. I really have committed myself to the title with hours and my wallet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

They are. To say there's useful comparison is a little blind. Both are used used in the professional game as tools - one as a tactical tool. 

It does irritate me on this forum that as a player football management sims that far outweighs most other players with over 30 years (yes, I do remember the days of playing PBM with the Collyer brothers) that it seems I cannot express myself. I really have committed myself to the title with hours and my wallet.

With such experience maybe you could highlight ways the game can be improved?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XaW said:

There is simply so much wrong with this post, that I don't know where to begin. First of all, you are very close to being disrespectful to the devs, and you make a lot of grand statements that you have no backup for without detailed knowledge of how things are run inside SI. So I think you should stop being so grand, and rather go into details about how you think the game should be changed.

I've also played the game for too many years, but my opinion is no more important than anyone buying FM21 as their first game of the franchise. Neither are yours for that matter.

SI do work with known football staff, so that point is moot.

The ME could be improved, no doubt, but this version is really good, and the tactical instructions given are clearly shown on the pitch. That's to say, both good and bad will show, and if you use contradicting instructions you will probably not see either much.

If anyone in Germany are using FIFA as a tactical tool, I'd be most curious as to who? FIFA is an arcade-like game, and I'd be most surprised to see anyone using it as an in-depth tactical tool since it's, well not even close to being anything like that. FIFA is a fun game, but as a tactical simulator? I've never heard of it.

Grow up! First of all, both games have been used as tools with real teams for some time now. I've been involved in football to know otherwise.

If Si are working with renowned coaches why isn't it public knowledge with names?

The ME could be improved??? Does anyone watch the in-game hilights?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

Grow up! First of all, both games have been used as tools with real teams for some time now. I've been involved in football to know otherwise.

If Si are working with renowned coaches why isn't it public knowledge with names?

The ME could be improved??? Does anyone watch the in-game hilights?

Please avoid derogatory statements like that.

I'll repeat; Who used FIFA as a tactical tool? Just a few examples with sources, please.

I thought it was quite public knowledge that SI use real coaches? I'm certain I've seen articles about it previously.

Yes, I have over 1,000 hours of FM21 so far, so I'm more than familiar with the game, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

With such experience maybe you could highlight ways the game can be improved?

The match engine and animations (particularly defensively) are comical at times. Last year one of the kids (academy)  locally berated me for playing  FM (cocky little git I admit) and the poor animation  and player AI decisions. As a coach we use FIFA for positional and role understanding and FM for tactical/formation understanding.

Please look at the posts that customers are putting in the posts with issues - there are plenty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

The match engine and animations (particularly defensively) are comical at times. Last year one of the kids (academy)  locally berated me for playing  FM (cocky little git I admit) and the poor animation  and player AI decisions. As a coach we use FIFA for positional and role understanding and FM for tactical/formation understanding.

Please look at the posts that customers are putting in the posts with issues - there are plenty.

Cool. Thanks for the insight ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Post match press conferences...

 

Just playing a bit of FM and had a thought, I dont think I've ever seen a real life post match press conference - We've probably all seen post match interviews on the pitch, so surely the presentation along the lines of the tunnel interview makes more sense than the press conference setting

 

Just a thought?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Please avoid derogatory statements like that.

I'll repeat; Who used FIFA as a tactical tool? Just a few examples with sources, please.

I thought it was quite public knowledge that SI use real coaches? I'm certain I've seen articles about it previously.

Yes, I have over 1,000 hours of FM21 so far, so I'm more than familiar with the game, thanks.

I'm familiar with the game too - a very disrepectful comment to make to a long time player and customer of the game and I would expect better of an organisation. Look at at Lionheart1299 in Steam for the hours and games for reference.

Coaches at all levels have used games as inference to the tactical side of the game, such as Steve Grieve.

Pirlo... https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3483473/how-fifa-is-influencing-the-way-professional-footballers-play-in-real-life/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

I'm familiar with the game too - a very disrepectful comment to make to a long time player and customer of the game and I would expect better of an organisation. Look at at Lionheart1299 in Steam for the hours and games for reference.

Coaches at all levels have used games as inference to the tactical side of the game, such as Steve Grieve.

Pirlo... https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3483473/how-fifa-is-influencing-the-way-professional-footballers-play-in-real-life/

 

It's an almost 4 year old article, that's more about the players' recreational obsession with FIFA ( and actually lots of other games in general, due to lots of travelling and downtime, lots of people in pro sports are keen gamer, there's an England rugby player who was once number 1 in the world in Call of Duty) than any kind of truly concerted regular  professional analysis. 

And Steve Grieve makes game models based on data sent to him.

Not particularly relevant as feedback, not particularly relevant to football manager

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, profii said:

Post match press conferences...

 

Just playing a bit of FM and had a thought, I dont think I've ever seen a real life post match press conference - We've probably all seen post match interviews on the pitch, so surely the presentation along the lines of the tunnel interview makes more sense than the press conference setting

 

Just a thought?

That's a written press thing, the press conference. You dont see them broadcast because they tend to happen later than TV would like to show. Hence TV using the tunnel and board interviews post match

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

That's a written press thing, the press conference. You dont see them broadcast because they tend to happen later than TV would like to show. Hence TV using the tunnel and board interviews post match

haha genuinely never heard of them :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Federico said:

Are you a coach? And do you use FIFA and FM to teach football?

Yes I am coach. Championship to grassroots - mainly youth teams and academy though. I try not to encourage the use of games, although I'd rather they play FM and FIFA over violent games. Both games can used as reference to visual position and tactical shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • shwanko changed the title to Interviews !! what is this nonsense?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...