Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, blejdek said:

Whats the point of playing this game when you see something like this,

 

I also see that you create a lot of smaller chances, very few high jumps in your xG total charts, maybe allow the opposition to have the ball and then counter them if you're just controlling the game 20yrds from their goal but isn't able to create good chances from it.

Or just more supporting roles, too many attackers are on attack duty they all compact in front of the oppositions penalty box, if strikers are on support and midfielders on attack you often create holes in their defensive block which the marauding midfielders can exploit.

I get your frustration though :D I yell so loud at my computer myself, it's ridiculous..

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

I also see that you create a lot of smaller chances, very few high jumps in your xG total charts

I know what you mean, but that is how XG is supposed to work. They might be "low percentage" chances, but if you add them all up, a few of them should go in. Unless your strikers (or whoever the chances are falling to) are really poor, you should be scoring >1 goal from XG of ~4.9, that's literally the point of the stat. 

My first check would be to see who is taking the shots. Is it often players with poor attributes? XG is the number of goals an "average" player would score, so if your players are below average......

The other (quite likely) option is that the ME has issues with particular types of chance, or an imbalance between user and AI chance conversion.

Finally, it could be the XG algorithm itself essentially generating incorrect stats (although there are lots of shots on target, so this seems more unlikely.....).

My bet is it being a mixture of all of the above :)

Adding XG to the game is great IMO, but it does highlight all of these small (or not so small) flaws in the ME which we might not have noticed otherwise......

Edited by Manutd1999
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some games I get nothing in The Dugout whatsoever, other games I get stuff that I click Ignore and then it shows up in the next highlight and then reappears in The Dugout. Starting to really get on my nerves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Manutd1999:

 

I know what you mean, but that is how XG is supposed to work. They might be "low percentage" chances, but if you add them all up, a few of them should go in. Unless your strikers (or whoever the chances are falling to) are really poor, you should be scoring >1 goal from XG of ~4.9, that's literally the point of the stat. 

I completely understand your frustration though i disagree with your conclusion as many low XG chances do not equal some big ones - that is bcs a fraction of a Goal is allways never a Goal and multiple fractions of a Goal are simply multiple fails that do not add up!

Also the player quality plays a big role as good Strikers (any player that shots at the goal) will exceed their XG prediction and low quality players will fail XG.

Ofc there is a random chance in Football for every team against every oponent to score 1 goal as even the lowest tier teams in cup games show when they often score at least 1 goal in the majority of matches but that is the randomnes of football and not XG but luck, lazyness in defense, ease of intensity, underestimating the opoenent etc that XG does not count for.

Also XG is not qualitifed to make a statement if a goal has a high chance in regard to the gameplay situation as XG must vary with the player (quality/personality/specific ability like feet preference/strong or weak in the air etc.) involved and if it is a chance from set pieces, possession play against a structured defense or counterplay against an improvised undermanned defense etc. and i doubt highly XG shows that.

Dont bother with XG!

Edited by Etebaer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etebaer said:

I completely understand your frustration though i disagree with your conclusion as many low XG chances do not equal some big ones - that is bcs a fraction of a Goal is allways never a Goal and multiple fractions of a Goal are simply multiple fails that do not add up!

Also the player quality plays a big role as good Strikers (any player that shots at the goal) will exceed their XG prediction and low quality players will fail XG.

Ofc there is a random chance in Football for every team against every oponent to score 1 goal as even the lowest tier teams in cup games show when they often score at least 1 goal in the majority of matches but that is the randomnes of football and not XG but luck, lazyness in defense, ease of intensity, underestimating the opoenent etc that XG does not count for.

Also XG is not qualitifed to make a statement if a goal has a high chance in regard to the gameplay situation as XG must vary with the player (quality/personality/specific ability like feet preference/strong or weak in the air etc.) involved and if it is a chance from set pieces, possession play against a structured defense or counterplay against an improvised undermanned defense etc. and i doubt highly XG shows that.

Dont bother with XG!

I think a lot of excuses are being made here, to be honest. Quality chances are quality chances and a certain percentage of them should be scored, especially when the opposition doesn't need them. It has been a theme for years in FM. Of course, there are games where teams get outplayed and score on the counter, in FM that isn't the case; it's usually a defender in possession under no pressure who dwells on the ball, or the oppositions only free-kick off the game. Sub-standard stuff, to be honest. 

I think the gripe comes from people who have seen this trend of the previous iterations and were told 'CCC's' aren't a good barometer of whether it 'should' have been a goal (ridiculous), anybody who has played or coached football knows the difference anyway. Then, the bring in XG and his team are creating good opportunities and a similar come back is 'don't bother with XG'. Seriously, creating good opportunities is the key in football, yes, there are anomalies but if your team can do that consistently you'll get the necessary results, especially if you're restricting the opposition to a couple of chances per game. These kind of excuses need to stop, they just aren't realistic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on my 3rd long term save, around 2030 and I have noticed a pattern in all 3 of them: the lack of quality anchor man, ball winning midfielders and wide midfielders. So let me elaborate a bit:

The game seems to have a tendency of creating a lot of DLP who usually can play in both DM and MC role. The problem is that in my saves there is a huge imbalance between the number of decent and high quality DLP and a proper Anchor Man or Ball Winning Midfielder. I have found myself retraining Center Backs to either play as Anchor Man or in some more extreme cases as a BWM. Of course I am only talking about regens and not the real life players. I know that the traditional Anchor Man is not a highly popular role (profile) in real life anymore, but they still exist and there are some very good ones out there. For me this is quite important as I love this role and it fits perfectly in my tactical setups.

My second gripe is with the Wide Midfielder role, as I face the same situation as the one described above regarding the Anchor Man. There just seem to be ... none or close to none. I am talking about the role of Wide Midfielder, not about a player who can play wide. I see loads and loads of great wingers, inverted wingers, inside forwards, but not a single quality wide midfielder in 10 years. So ... I found myself yet again retraining other players to fit that role i.e Wing Backs, as they seem closest to the actual profile of a Wide Midfielder. 

I have noticed a trend if FM for the past 3 years and that is to replicate real life football statistics and numbers as close as possible. Every action has a reaction though (law of the Universe) and this in turn funnels us to play a very specific type of football in order to get maximum efficiency against the A.I. This happens in multiple ways; Gegenpress OP (or maybe not OP, but defending is definetly underrated), the lack of specific player profiles as years go on also force us to adopt a more specific style of play.  I could have a whole conversation about this topic alone, but I will leave it here. I will say though that FM is a game, a beautiful game .... but a game nontheless. With this in mind I would like to not have my tools taken away from me for the sake of realism or replicating statistics / numbers. The whole beauty is to have a game that is not biased towards some IRL trend and let YOU, THE PLAYER explore and create whatever tactical system (even from the past) and not feel like it just doesn't belong in this game.

 

Edited by SebastianRO
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Etebaer said:

Also XG is not qualitifed to make a statement if a goal has a high chance in regard to the gameplay situation as XG must vary with the player (quality/personality/specific ability like feet preference/strong or weak in the air etc.) involved and if it is a chance from set pieces, possession play against a structured defense or counterplay against an improvised undermanned defense etc. and i doubt highly XG shows that.

That is exactly what xG is NOT meant to be. xG doesn't care about the player at all, that's the whole idea of xG. It's pure statistics in "how many chances from the same position in the same situation have lead to a goal vs not a goal". It doesn't care if it's Messi or Phil Jones who gets the chance, the xG is the same from identical situations. It's nothing more or nothing less that exactly a statistic of how likely that a random player gets that exact chance is to score.

This is also why great finishers will often exceed xG, while poorer ones will be below their xG over a period of time. xG is (close to) useless for a single match or a single shot. It's mean to be seen as a statistic over a longer period of time to see trends.

This is also why creating a high match xG, but low chance xG over a period of time will mean you do not create enough chances and should be a big red flag. Having 30 chances and an xG of 1.1 is not something you want, because that means on average the chance of scoring a single shot is 3.7% and that's not good. You're mostly depending on goalkeeper errors or a wondergoal from those chances. And you'll get a few throughout a season, but it's not a sustainable way if you want to win matches.

Have a read here for more explanations regarding xG: https://www.goal.com/en/news/what-is-xg-football-how-statistic-calculated/h42z0iiv8mdg1ub10iisg1dju

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, blejdek said:

Whats the point of playing this game when you see something like this, one match after another. Opponents goalkeepers are like the ball is glued to them, me as a manager trying my hardest, analyzing everything and then you get such results is just so pathetic. i play this game for years and never have I seen such ******** ME or whatever is this. The opponents are also giving the most absurds goal ever. I loved this game, but now is just a burden for me. Long live the SI...

fuckyou.png

fuckyou2.png

fuckyou3.png

If they are going to or are parking the bus against you, try to get another striker up and few more creating roles behind them, be more aggressive, play for set pieces or get better players.

Anyways you didn't seem to be clearly dominating the games apart from the Newcastle one, so you might want to reconsider your tactics.

I find myself quite often changing formation, mentality and tempo through the game to break a wall. Just be aware that you still have to be solid at the back to not get countered.

Edited by Sharkn20
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XaW said:

That is exactly what xG is NOT meant to be. xG doesn't care about the player at all, that's the whole idea of xG. It's pure statistics in "how many chances from the same position in the same situation have lead to a goal vs not a goal". It doesn't care if it's Messi or Phil Jones who gets the chance, the xG is the same from identical situations. It's nothing more or nothing less that exactly a statistic of how likely that a random player gets that exact chance is to score.

This is also why great finishers will often exceed xG, while poorer ones will be below their xG over a period of time. xG is (close to) useless for a single match or a single shot. It's mean to be seen as a statistic over a longer period of time to see trends.

This is also why creating a high match xG, but low chance xG over a period of time will mean you do not create enough chances and should be a big red flag. Having 30 chances and an xG of 1.1 is not something you want, because that means on average the chance of scoring a single shot is 3.7% and that's not good. You're mostly depending on goalkeeper errors or a wondergoal from those chances. And you'll get a few throughout a season, but it's not a sustainable way if you want to win matches.

Have a read here for more explanations regarding xG: https://www.goal.com/en/news/what-is-xg-football-how-statistic-calculated/h42z0iiv8mdg1ub10iisg1dju

This nails it really. One for the tactical forum, but rather than blaming it for things nothing to do with it, people should be reading the information it's giving you, especially in comparison to the shot map. And also pay particular attention to the analysis trend of your xg for and against. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blejdek said:

Whats the point of playing this game when you see something like this, one match after another. Opponents goalkeepers are like the ball is glued to them, me as a manager trying my hardest, analyzing everything and then you get such results is just so pathetic. i play this game for years and never have I seen such ******** ME or whatever is this. The opponents are also giving the most absurds goal ever. I loved this game, but now is just a burden for me. Long live the SI...

fuckyou.png

fuckyou2.png

fuckyou3.png


I've seen Ilaix Moriba score loads for the AI when he was retrained as an Inside Forward on the Left Wing.  Do you use him with an CAM with attack duty or support ? I think he can also easily play a striker if you train him (  i think he is 190cm or around that height ). Please don't waste him in a central midfield position :(

He's a beast in this game although i know nothing about him IRL and why he is so OP

Edited by andu1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, dolph11 said:

I think a lot of excuses are being made here, to be honest. Quality chances are quality chances and a certain percentage of them should be scored, especially when the opposition doesn't need them. It has been a theme for years in FM. Of course, there are games where teams get outplayed and score on the counter, in FM that isn't the case; it's usually a defender in possession under no pressure who dwells on the ball, or the oppositions only free-kick off the game. Sub-standard stuff, to be honest. 

I think the gripe comes from people who have seen this trend of the previous iterations and were told 'CCC's' aren't a good barometer of whether it 'should' have been a goal (ridiculous), anybody who has played or coached football knows the difference anyway. Then, the bring in XG and his team are creating good opportunities and a similar come back is 'don't bother with XG'. Seriously, creating good opportunities is the key in football, yes, there are anomalies but if your team can do that consistently you'll get the necessary results, especially if you're restricting the opposition to a couple of chances per game. These kind of excuses need to stop, they just aren't realistic. 

In terms of xG I fail to understand why if you have loads of chances at around 0.03 you expect to score because they eventually all add up to over 1.

If you are constantly shooting from 30 yards out and they go miles wide they should eventually add to a goal if you do it often enough. 

Thats now how the stats or football work at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

 

In terms of xG I fail to understand why if you have loads of chances at around 0.03 you expect to score because they eventually all add up to over 1.

If you are constantly shooting from 30 yards out and they go miles wide they should eventually add to a goal if you do it often enough. 

Thats now how the stats or football work at all. 

XaW's post already explains this in terms of stats, and as for football, teams generally actively avoid taking loads of longshots because it's unproductive, and usually a result of their main approaches failing and not having the answer

TLDR it's a terrible, unsustainable way to play both in real life and FM

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

 

In terms of xG I fail to understand why if you have loads of chances at around 0.03 you expect to score because they eventually all add up to over 1.

If you are constantly shooting from 30 yards out and they go miles wide they should eventually add to a goal if you do it often enough. 

Thats now how the stats or football work at all. 

Agreed, however, looking at his XG chart at the end of the games it's clear that in each game he's had a couple of 'good' opportunities. In real life you really only get a 1 or 2 on average per game, I'd say. I will reiterate, the opposition hasn't had to work very hard to score either, neither do we know how those goals were conceded, but in those kind of matches (from my experience) it's rarely tactical. It's a blooper from my own team (stupid attacking throw in, comfortable header unbelievably missed, defender dwells on ball, etc.). I'm not claiming that's what happened here, although he did say he had conceded absurd goals, which tends to be the case. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dolph11 said:

Agreed, however, looking at his XG chart at the end of the games it's clear that in each game he's had a couple of 'good' opportunities. In real life you really only get a 1 or 2 on average per game, I'd say. I will reiterate, the opposition hasn't had to work very hard to score either, neither do we know how those goals were conceded, but in those kind of matches (from my experience) it's rarely tactical. It's a blooper from my own team (stupid attacking throw in, comfortable header unbelievably missed, defender dwells on ball, etc.). I'm not claiming that's what happened here, although he did say he had conceded absurd goals, which tends to be the case. 

 

Mmm, not sure the bold is actually true. This is massively variable, and some teams are consistently better at creating good opportunities than others, no different to FM

A one off game might be anything, but if the opposition on general don't have to work to hard too score against you then, then I'd be thinking about what I'm doing, how they are scoring and why.

I've attached the analyst trend from my game, its entirely possible to make the opposition work extremely hard to score on a consistent basis

 

Manchester United_ Analyst Report-2.png

Manchester United_ Analyst Report.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a une heure, andu1 a dit :


I've seen Ilaix Moriba score loads for the AI when he was retrained as an Inside Forward on the Left Wing.  Do you use him with an CAM with attack duty or support ? I think he can also easily play a striker if you train him (  i think he is 190cm or around that height ). Please don't waste him in a central midfield position :(

He's a beast in this game although i know nothing about him IRL and why he is so OP

Mezzala (attack) gets him plenty of goals, his best position imo.

IRL he started last week for Barça at only 17 lol he is the next big thing tbh

Two guinean beast (with fati) from la masia

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Mezzala (attack) gets him plenty of goals, his best position imo.

IRL he started last week for Barça at only 17 lol he is the next big thing tbh

Two guinean beast (with fati) from la masia

In one of the screenshots he was using him as the central midfielder in a 3 man midfield.  A position in which he is underused IMO and also can't be used as a Mezzala.

 

Edited by andu1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

i disagree with your conclusion as many low XG chances do not equal some big ones - that is bcs a fraction of a Goal is allways never a Goal and multiple fractions of a Goal are simply multiple fails that do not add up

Quote

In terms of xG I fail to understand why if you have loads of chances at around 0.03 you expect to score because they eventually all add up to over 1.

If you are constantly shooting from 30 yards out and they go miles wide they should eventually add to a goal if you do it often enough. 

Thats now how the stats or football work at all. 

I'm not sure about how all this is implementedf FM, but from a stats point of view I disagree.

If a particular chance has a very low XG, lets say 0.05, you would expect an "average" striker to score one in twenty of these opportunities. If you have 20 such chances per game then, on average and discounting short term variability, you would expect to get 1 goal.

Similarly, if your team instead takes just 2 shots but they are all good quality chances with an XG of 0.5, you would also expect to average 1 goal per game. 

That is the definition of XG. It accounts for the quality of the chance as part of the calculation. 

Clearly these are extreme scenarios, most real-life teams will have a mixture of low and high XG chances throughout the game, which probably makes the whole concept easier to apply. In FM, I suspect these extremes are more common (i.e. 30+ "poor chances" per game), hence the weird results. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Mmm, not sure the bold is actually true. This is massively variable, and some teams are consistently better at creating good opportunities than others, no different to FM

A one off game might be anything, but if the opposition on general don't have to work to hard too score against you then, then I'd be thinking about what I'm doing, how they are scoring and why.

I've attached the analyst trend from my game, its entirely possible to make the opposition work extremely hard to score on a consistent basis

 

Manchester United_ Analyst Report-2.png

Manchester United_ Analyst Report.png

I agree to a certain extent, but XG is definitely the best we have to view good opportunities created, and he created some good opportunities. Now, judging by the opposition it doesn't look as though created great chances themselves. It's as though you're holding his team to a higher level of standard in order to score and not the opposition. Now, XG can be misleading, a bit like CCC's. We've all had that game where the opposition scored their ONE CCC which was created by your own team through stupidity, yet on paper it looks like they scored their deserved CCC. 

If my (or his) team are being caught on the counter by good defending and poor passing then it's tactical and somewhat individual. If you're losing by poor set-piece defending and ridiculous individual errors despite creating your own good opportunities what can you? I'll never understand on here why people are so critical of players who show this but never critical of the poor AI opportunities from which they score. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dolph11 said:

I agree to a certain extent, but XG is definitely the best we have to view good opportunities created, and he created some good opportunities. Now, judging by the opposition it doesn't look as though created great chances themselves. It's as though you're holding his team to a higher level of standard in order to score and not the opposition. Now, XG can be misleading, a bit like CCC's. We've all had that game where the opposition scored their ONE CCC which was created by your own team through stupidity, yet on paper it looks like they scored their deserved CCC. 

If my (or his) team are being caught on the counter by good defending and poor passing then it's tactical and somewhat individual. If you're losing by poor set-piece defending and ridiculous individual errors despite creating your own good opportunities what can you? I'll never understand on here why people are so critical of players who show this but never critical of the poor AI opportunities from which they score. 

Xg isn't really misleading as a trend, which is it's strength. What people actually do with that information makes it useful or not useful. He created a couple of decent opportunities, and a lot of poor ones. I'd be interested to see what his overall trend is like.

Secondly you've made this up that I'm holding his team to a higher standard. The ME treats both sides as the same. I've also won games using that one CCC, where the opposition screwed up, actually I've won several games forcing opposition into stupid errors, or opposition making silly errors, it happens both ways. But's it's not the point I'm making.

If you're constantly losing to individual errors, change your system or change players, its key management. One off's are one thing you can put to being a bit unlucky, a trend is a problem, and if you do nothing to change that trend, that's entirely on you. The ME is the same for both, so If you're succumbing constantly to issues that the opposition are not, think about what you're doing. 

I mean, on the surface, look at the tactic.

1) He's conceding goals from the penalty area, they score from relatively few touches, etc its all there

2) he has THREE support roles in midfield in the CM area. He might as well open the door and let them in (harsh but true). It's more disappointing the opposition aren't shredding him more in that area. He's actually created an area of weakness and stress in his side. Not only is there already space for the opposition, but the extra pressure that puts on the rest to compensate brings decision dilemmas, increasing the chances of mistakes or poor decisions that create further opportunities

Straight away these points look directly linked

Considering he's forest and he's 8th, he's doing alright in 2023, but on the surface, plenty of warning signs for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Xg isn't really misleading as a trend, which is it's strength. What people actually do with that information makes it useful or not useful. He created a couple of decent opportunities, and a lot of poor ones. I'd be interested to see what his overall trend is like.

Secondly you've made this up that I'm holding his team to a higher standard. The ME treats both sides as the same. I've also won games using that one CCC, where the opposition screwed up, actually I've won several games forcing opposition into stupid errors, or opposition making silly areas, it happens both ways. But's it's not the point I'm making.

If you're constantly losing to individual errors, change your system or change players, its key management. One off's are one thing you can put to being a bit unlucky, a trend is a problem, and if you do nothing to change that trend, that's entirely on you. The ME is the same for both, so If you're succumbing constantly to issues that the opposition are not, think about what you're doing. 

I mean, on the surface, look at the tactic.

1) He's conceding goals from the penalty area, they score from relatively few touches, etc its all there

2) he has THREE support roles in midfield in the CM area. He might as well open the door and let them in (harsh but true). It's more disappointing the opposition aren't shredding him more in that area. He's actually created an area of weakness and stress in his side. Not only is there already space for the opposition, but the extra pressure that puts on the rest to compensate brings decision dilemmas, increasing the chances of mistakes or poor decisions that create further opportunities

Considering he's forest and he's 8th, he's doing alright in 2023, but on the surface, plenty of warning signs for me

I agree, however, we will have to wait for him to say how his goals were conceded. On paper his tactic looks leaky, that being said it might not be THAT leaky. This is FM, I've seen all kinds of weird and unnatural formations work much better without any sense. My point still stands, if his goals were conceded by counter attacks he can't complain about conceding said goals, he can still complain about the lack of scoring them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dolph11 said:

I agree, however, we will have to wait for him to say how his goals were conceded. On paper his tactic looks leaky, that being said it might not be THAT leaky. This is FM, I've seen all kinds of weird and unnatural formations work much better without any sense. My point still stands, if his goals were conceded by counter attacks he can't complain about conceding said goals, he can still complain about the lack of scoring them though.

It's not just counter attacks, anything operating in the middle is free to attack the back line, whether going direct through the middle or being free to spray crosses to the flank. You're basically saying, come and play in the golden zone. You also force your own players to move out of position to deal with that space, especially with any CF dropping there, or AMC playing in the hole. It's not just about goals, it's about the pressure and decision dilemmas it causes

As for his attack, those 3 games show it's inefficient in creation, again I'd like to see his trend, but that makes for an inconsistent attack. But I'm not convinced by the midfield balance in attack either, this is all for the tactics forum though

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how Moriba looks in my 2028 save. I see no reason for this guy to play anything less than a AM with Attack duty or an all out Striker.

I see no reason why he can't play a Complete Forward and Score 30+ per season

 

image.png.76231a89cc17836af36067d83c705a9c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rejected for a job as I do not have the experience guiding teams away from relegation. Minnesota play in a league where they cannot possibly be relegated. 

 

image.thumb.png.d723c4d483e81112b00c64f1d5ace1d5.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the final patch be released in two weeks?

This version 2021 is very good, I believe that the number of shots on goal should be reduced, but I would like to see better the variation and detail of the final pass, of the shot face to face with the goalkeeper and mainly: More set goals , head goals from corners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutos atrás, Marko1989 disse:

He probably has low technique but high vision/flair attribute. He has some good ideas but he can't pull them off :D

 

Nop, maybe because of the agility, but I still find it strange

image.png.e981cd7fac1112a8abea48e28f6213e3.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Nop, maybe because of the agility, but I still find it strange

image.png.e981cd7fac1112a8abea48e28f6213e3.png

I would not say it is agility, I would rather say it is a combination of poor anticipation, concentration, decisions and passing for that level of football

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

:idiot:

image.png.950cefcfa6839bc9800f2986608cf9cc.png

Players have different 'styles'. You get Creative, Physical, Leader, Technical, Smart etc type players. Looking at your player, I can't see any of the other styles applying to him and his Flair (in combination with Vision) would be a big reason why he's considered to by a Creative player.

The Fairly Poor Intelligence comment is likely about the Anticipation being low. Decisions may be a part of it too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2021 at 09:35, forameuss said:

They literally haven't, outside of the usual hyperbole people like to trot out.  And you can't just shrug off the point.  FM is already priced cheaper than most titles are.  How much could they realistically charge for a data update?  It'd be a fraction of the full price, for a product that you can get for free through people working on unofficial updates.  Even if that wasn't available, I can personally say I'd have no interest in paying just for an update. Not that I'm saying everyone would think the same, but I feel comfortable in saying a fair amount would.  

No, I don't.  While this might seem controversial, I just...stopped playing it.  I spent a lot of time with it, but EA's entire approach has led to it being an utterly tedious and unenjoyable experience.  So I stopped playing it.  It absolutely has stagnated, with EA showing less and less imagination, chasing the profits with as little effort as possible.  Which is absolutely fine, it's absolutely incredible work if you can get it.  But to say it's "leapt" forward, I honestly cannot imagine a single way it has in a long, long time.  The additions SI have made to FM at least have effort behind them, even if people don't always agree with the content.  This year, the main changes EA have made have had a degree of cynicism behing them, making absolutely zero attempt to disguise their priorities.  That's why it was a terrible comparison. I'm not exactly "defending the game".  I don't really care for that, I enjoy it now, and don't particularly care if someone else does or doesn't.  It was purely going on the comparison to FIFA.

Ask them.  They won't tell you, but they're welcome to try.  They'll have things planned out to varying degrees of detail for the next few editions.  They'll pepper in certain suggestions or elements of them that they like the look of, but they already have a good idea what FM23 will likely look like.

I was being facetious about selling data updates @forameuss! This isn’t a FIFA forum so let’s not get bogged down by that. We’ll agree to disagree (on pretty much everything lol).
I have no doubts they have roadmapped the next few years, it would be odd if not. 

maybe Its me that needs a fallow year or two. A few years away from the game rather than the developers. I used to hate the moment when I had to stop playing (keeping eyes open with matchsticks) and loved the match. It felt so exciting. now I’m almost the opposite. A lot of matches leave me underwhelmed. I don’t rush to the next one anymore. I can’t describe why as I played 17 the other day to get perspective and, yes, 21 is the superior ME. I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, for whatever reason it feels like formulas being played out not football. I’m not seeing ingenuity. There is a lot of repetition, so you can guess the end of a move. That didn’t seem to happen a few years ago. Idk it’s almost imperceptible but some anarchy and creativity  (like pep said the other day football is unpredictable) seem to be missing. The match is so fast but travels in lines, not angles. This wasn’t happening before, I remember some amazing goals in 17 and before that. Football is the beautiful game. It’s not about 30 yard first time shots every other match. It’s about a pass no one else saw. 


lockdown has meant more playing time and maybe that’s also not a good thing, if I had come new to this after 10 years off I’d be wow’d. Something missing in the ME  since 17 IMO . A spark. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain the L1 salary cap to me? I've inherited Sunderland who are paying 140k pw on wages, but according to the salary cap can only spend 48k a week on the squad?

I'm also aware this has been scrapped in the last month, would this change be represented in the next update?

Link to post
Share on other sites

SI needs to do something about first team players automatically being selected for the u19 "to increase their match fitness" already. Highly ****ing annoying to lose out on squad members on game days because they already played for the u19 team that day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mazinho said:

SI needs to do something about first team players automatically being selected for the u19 "to increase their match fitness" already. Highly ****ing annoying to lose out on squad members on game days because they already played for the u19 team that day. 

That's an option you have to turn on in the staff responsibilities to have happen, it's not on normally. You can go into the responsibilities to turn it off so it doesn't happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this is a logged, known issue, but there seem to be an unusually high number of matches lost to waterlogged pitch. It happens to me, playing with York City, 4-5 times a season. Happened at the old ground, happens at the new ground. I just don't recall more than once, maybe twice, a season across the past 20 years in real life. Twice a season and I'd assume there was something wrong with the drainage.

 

Not logged as a bug as I'm not sure that's the right approach, but the data here needs reviewing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

That's an option you have to turn on in the staff responsibilities to have happen, it's not on normally. You can go into the responsibilities to turn it off so it doesn't happen.

Cheers! I've had this on for multiple saves now I thought it was a bug. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marcotalhadas said:

The New Patch is out when??

Some time in March, after the closing of Chinese and/or Russian transfer window(s), I'm not sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, marcotalhadas said:

The New Patch is out when??

 

7 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Some time in March, after the closing of Chinese and/or Russian transfer window(s), I'm not sure.

Russian window shuts the 25th and the Chinese on the 26th. So could be anytime after that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2021 at 21:34, blejdek said:

Whats the point of playing this game when you see something like this, one match after another. Opponents goalkeepers are like the ball is glued to them, me as a manager trying my hardest, analyzing everything and then you get such results is just so pathetic. i play this game for years and never have I seen such ******** ME or whatever is this. The opponents are also giving the most absurds goal ever. I loved this game, but now is just a burden for me. Long live the SI...

fuckyou.png

fuckyou2.png

fuckyou3.png

I am not bringing this on again to "cry" but after all this time the game feels so unrewarding. You do your best analyzing opponent, adjusting tactic, player roles, traits, but for what ? To loose again from a silly goal that happens so often against a human manager over and over again. So yes, all the hard work brings you nothing but the feel as you did nothing for the past hour when you were actually preparing to beat the opponent. It just feels as the more you try the more you fail. Unrewarding is not probably even the correct word, in other games you can reap rewards, seeing the good work you done, but here in fm 2021 is just pale. I am really sorry to bringing this up again, but this is the feedback thread and my feedback is kind of obvious. This year edition of fm is UNREWARDING.

unrewarding.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, blejdek said:

I am not bringing this on again to "cry" but after all this time the game feels so unrewarding. You do your best analyzing opponent, adjusting tactic, player roles, traits, but for what ? To loose again from a silly goal that happens so often against a human manager over and over again. So yes, all the hard work brings you nothing but the feel as you did nothing for the past hour when you were actually preparing to beat the opponent. It just feels as the more you try the more you fail. Unrewarding is not probably even the correct word, in other games you can reap rewards, seeing the good work you done, but here in fm 2021 is just pale. I am really sorry to bringing this up again, but this is the feedback thread and my feedback is kind of obvious. This year edition of fm is UNREWARDING.

unrewarding.png

Goals don't happen against you simply  because you're a human manager. 

When you created the original post, people pointed out a few things, and the same was in the tactics thread you made too, both in attack and defence. 

I've seen 4 screen shots from this and the same two things always stick out: a relatively inconsistent high volume attack, and relative few, but good opposition opportunities. But you're also 8th in the Prem with forest (last time I checked), with a side that looks like it's young wonderkids and good young players, so one could argue you're where you should be.

To punch above that you need to be getting it right, (or lucky) a fair bit more than you get it wrong, and also have your players better more times than they get it wrong. I'd ask the same questions again: why do you concede the goals you do, and why does the attack not click perhaps as well as it can? Is it tactical, is it player based? Are you in an unlucky run? Are the players consistent enough? 

Football doesn't reward you for working hard, only for getting it right (or lucky) and even then, it can be cruel. It should be, and can be the same in FM

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blejdek said:

I am not bringing this on again to "cry" but after all this time the game feels so unrewarding. You do your best analyzing opponent, adjusting tactic, player roles, traits, but for what ? To loose again from a silly goal that happens so often against a human manager over and over again. So yes, all the hard work brings you nothing but the feel as you did nothing for the past hour when you were actually preparing to beat the opponent. It just feels as the more you try the more you fail. Unrewarding is not probably even the correct word, in other games you can reap rewards, seeing the good work you done, but here in fm 2021 is just pale. I am really sorry to bringing this up again, but this is the feedback thread and my feedback is kind of obvious. This year edition of fm is UNREWARDING.

unrewarding.png

How are you doing in the xG stats in the league?  

I have found I'm equal 17th (out of 20) with actual goals scored of 29 but 6th in xG with 38.39.

On the flip side I'm 19th in actual goals conceded (51), whereas I'm 12th according to the xG with 34.23.

So I am sat here with an actual goal difference of -22, when according to the xG it should be +4... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Neil Brock changed the title to Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...