Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, mexicola34 said:

Usually in most previous FM's it would take 6 goals (double hat trick) for them to get a 10, strikers having an excellent season usually average around 7.4 rating over the course of the season.

Players don't have out of this world matches every game in FM, it's just not realistic, form, fitness, morale or factor in to their game performance.

People need to not get obsessed with the highest number all the time for everything, any player that has a 7 ave rating or higher should be classed as a world class season.  

If that’s world class, what’s ‘very good’?

And what’s ‘good’?

And what’s ‘average’?

And what’s ‘poor’?

I think you’ve set the bar far too low for ‘world class’. What about players that do get 8 averages, what are they?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got promoted at Forest first season, left it before start of new season, made no new signings but once I loaded it back up I’m now in January of that season, and this is very annoying and less interesting as I haven’t done what I wanted to do, and I can’t reload back to a time before then, and I do not want to redo a career again as I might not replicate, please help 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus I dont even know if I will be promoted or this bug actually promotes the last team in the league and not the first. Haven't had news that I achieved promotion nor the steam acomplishment of promotion. Man if I lost hours of game time and not be promoted I will be properly pissed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

only in july 22 and despite being man united with  326 million in the bank were ranked 51st richest club ahead of pool and city. even PSG 40th. Sheffield united are 48th and in the championship ( with no takeover)

doesnt quite add up unless im missing something obvious

 

image.thumb.png.4b19bb6ea0dbfee7012410f36d7d4963.png

Edited by pizzachips
Link to post
Share on other sites

ui bug.png

hey guys why sometimes i just dont see the screen above before games ? 

is it bug or something in settings? when im playing in national side i almost dont see at all that screen of formation and line ups.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Style said:

ui bug.png

hey guys why sometimes i just dont see the screen above before games ? 

is it bug or something in settings? when im playing in national side i almost dont see at all that screen of formation and line ups.... 

I *think* that will only show every time if you comprehensive highlights. It will show for the BIG games, but not your average game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, XaW said:

I *think* that will only show every time if you comprehensive highlights. It will show for the BIG games, but not your average game.

well i was on key highlights but u saying its not supposed to be in every game ? 

16 minutes ago, pow4h said:

It shows when match is in TV.

 

u sure about that ? i played in Euros and World cup and i didnt saw this screen 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pizzachips said:

only in july 22 and despite being man united with  326 million in the bank were ranked 51st richest club ahead of pool and city. even PSG 40th. Sheffield united are 48th and in the championship ( with no takeover)

doesnt quite add up unless im missing something obvious

 

image.thumb.png.4b19bb6ea0dbfee7012410f36d7d4963.png

Doesn't that just show that you are a rich club aswell as the others, think you are on the wrong graph 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theeyeofthetiger said:

Rubbish.

No really, that is it. Look at the release notes yourself. If you struggle with anything post-patch, then it's a coincidence, or morale or something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

No really, that is it. Look at the release notes yourself. If you struggle with anything post-patch, then it's a coincidence, or morale or something else.

If you really think just because they don't mention it in the notes that they don't touch a single thing in the match engine in ANY way then we'll agree to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, theeyeofthetiger said:

If you really think just because they don't mention it in the notes that they don't touch a single thing in the match engine in ANY way then we'll agree to disagree.

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, but the facts remains the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Blocked Cross' Manager 2021... 

SI really need to look at the way players cross in this game. Why do players consistently avoid crossing when they're in space, only to wait to be closed down and then attempt a cross.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm almost done with FM for the foreseeable - playing the game feels like such a chore currently.

Edited by Luizinho
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Im struggling to see how I can play this game as stats based manager, where all my decisions are heavily based on statistics. I say this because the key tackles, key , passes, clear cut chances stats are not being counted properly so I cant accurately identify issues in my tactics & players and also leagues that aren't in full detail (leagues you aren't managing in) have completely values on a completely different scale  for basically every stat compared to the league you manage in; which means you cant compare transfer targets to your own players

Im wondering how any other data driven managers cope with this?

It’s ironic that we got XG but they made a mess of so many of the other stats. I’m literally choosing to ignore them in my current save. I waited till the 2nd patch to start my first real save game. I should know better.

I’d be grateful if someone from SI could help us understand why elements of the game that work occasionally go backwards. Often glaringly obvious errors too which compounds the frustration. It’s like you can literally never take anything that works for granted.

 

Edited by janrzm
Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Luizinho said:

'Blocked Cross' Manager 2021... 

Seriously though, SI really need to look at the way players cross in this game. Why do players consistently avoid crossing when they're in space, only to wait to be closed down and then attempt a cross.

Bizarrely the players who cross the most effectively are the ones who you wouldn't think would – i.e. inverted wingers and inside forwards

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Luizinho said:

'Blocked Cross' Manager 2021... 

Seriously though, SI really need to look at the way players cross in this game. Why do players consistently avoid crossing when they're in space, only to wait to be closed down and then attempt a cross.

It must be to negate the effectiveness of crosses, but it is painful to watch when you watch Full Match highlights. It's wingers being deliberately hampered by a flaw in the match engine

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

How come foreign teams are allowed to approach players within 6 months of their contract expiring for UK based players, but fellow UK teams can't until a month before?

Because those are the UK rules and they have been like that for a while to be fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

How come foreign teams are allowed to approach players within 6 months of their contract expiring for UK based players, but fellow UK teams can't until a month before?

that's still the case, post-brexit? Shouldn't be that foreign clubs can approach them with 6 month or less left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, freddieos said:

that's still the case, post-brexit? Shouldn't be that foreign clubs can approach them with 6 month or less left.

Why would it change? Brexit rules are about limiting access to the UK for rotten foreigners - it doesn't have anything to do with those rotten foreigners* being able to subsequently get out ;)

*Yes English players can be approached and signed too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

How come foreign teams are allowed to approach players within 6 months of their contract expiring for UK based players, but fellow UK teams can't until a month before?

Domestic teams can not approach to players until a month before under Bosman rule. That is not about national legislation or league rules and it applies to countries outside the EU like Turkey, Russia etc.

Here is the link. 
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10100134/how-the-bosman-rule-changed-football-20-years-on

Edited by CM
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Why would it change? Brexit rules are about limiting access to the UK for rotten foreigners - it doesn't have anything to do with those rotten foreigners* being able to subsequently get out ;)

*Yes English players can be approached and signed too.

Because I believe the 6-month contract expiry rule is baked-in to the Bosman law. Hence, since the UK is now solo, clubs in the EU (or elsewhere) cannot approach impending out of contracts players based there. I might be wrong though, it could be a FIFA rule that permits that any player worldwide with an expiring contract can be approach with 6 month or less.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Luizinho said:

'Blocked Cross' Manager 2021... 

SI really need to look at the way players cross in this game. Why do players consistently avoid crossing when they're in space, only to wait to be closed down and then attempt a cross.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm almost done with FM for the foreseeable - playing the game feels like such a chore currently.

Maybe because if every wide player crossed when they had the opportunity we would have cricket scores?

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Luizinho said:

'Blocked Cross' Manager 2021... 

SI really need to look at the way players cross in this game. Why do players consistently avoid crossing when they're in space, only to wait to be closed down and then attempt a cross.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm almost done with FM for the foreseeable - playing the game feels like such a chore currently.

Have you tried dribble less team instruction? I feel it has been made quite a lot powerful and I can make my team play like a unit more easier even with more dribbling roles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this just before Christmas after playing the demo and some thoughts as they come to me. 

I started off unemployed with semi pro background and just English leagues loaded; waited to get an offer for interview for Vanarama N or S but was surprised to get suggestions of L1 or L2 to apply for straight away.  In the end applied for and got the Aldershot job in VNL in Dec 2020.  They were 19th and had been horrific, but I (suspiciously) quickly got them winning and finished 4th in the league.  I lost in the play offs after an undefeated run of 23 games, all this without changing any personnel from the original struggling side.

Second season I got a couple of loans in and maybe 5 new players and won the league easily.  Changed my tactic slightly half way through the season and stormed it by about 15 points.

Now it's Dec 22 and I'm top of L2 again after hardly getting anyone in (predicted 23rd).  I've never been this successful in previous versions unless I've had a clearly superior side to 90% of the rest of the league, which isn't the case here.

I love the new ME; some of the goals I am seeing are superb, with great through balls and excellent off the ball runs and even the occasional square ball from the byline.  Some of the different stuff I see is brilliant including a free kick that hit both posts and stayed out (against me!) in the last game.

I do play quite a strong pressing system but nowhere near the maximum it could be and I'm pleased to see that my players are very tired come the end of the game.  On a side-note, I played L2 in the demo and was really pleased to have 5 subs, but now in the 22/23 season it's only 3 again - I assume it's reverted due to no in game Covid any more?

As many others have said, the UI is weird, with unintuitive clicks and stats and things not where they used to be.  Or anywhere in some cases.

Throw ins by the corner flag that go straight back to the thrower who is immediately offside are still considered highlights. 

I average 15+ corners a game.  The opposition often get a very high amount as well.

Headers often go miles over the bar.

The posts seem to be more reasonable with regards to the ball bouncing off them; in FM20 a 25 yard shot would bounce off about 2 yards.  The net still does the weird 'billowing' when the ball trickles into it but that's neither here nor there. 

 

All in all I really like it - maybe it's because I'm finding it very easy but that's how it is.  It's nowhere near perfect and when my tactic starts going wonky or I lose another game after being 4-1 at HT like I did this morning (!) then I might change my mind, but as of now it gets the thumbs up from me.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could just be a solely me problem, but is there anyone else who gets laughable offers for their players? Before you could manage to at least get at least the player value out of it by negotiating, now the best clubs want to go is up until half the player's worth.

Meanwhile, the AI negotiates you to a ridiculous price for their own players, whether they are transfer listed or not. Starts to become a bit of an annoyance.

It's also crazy how the ME shines when playing teams that play in countries/competitions you haven't loaded in. For once, the AI doesn't play with 11 men in their own penalty box and blocks every shot and it's absolutely breathtaking to witness for a change.

Edited by RVP32
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 horas atrás, Luizinho disse:

'Blocked Cross' Manager 2021... 

SI really need to look at the way players cross in this game. Why do players consistently avoid crossing when they're in space, only to wait to be closed down and then attempt a cross.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm almost done with FM for the foreseeable - playing the game feels like such a chore currently.

I don't notice any blocked crosses at all. I have wb-s on both sides and IF and IW up front. No team instructions. 

Do you have work ball into the box? do you have at least one striker attacking near the CBs and someone else behind the FB? are you giving opposition too much time to regroup? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Maybe because if every wide player crossed when they had the opportunity we would have cricket scores?

There might be some truth in this. I’d argue that players get into positions to cross far too readily, mainly due to the prevalence of unopposed 50 yard flank dribbles.

Far too often, corners are cleared upfield into giant open spaces. These are picked up all too often by a lone forward who are given all the time in the world to turn and dribble insane distances.

It’s starting to get rather tedious. Fortunately, the ME has enough positives elsewhere for me to still be really enjoying it.

Edited by rdbayly
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/01/2021 at 19:58, rodau said:

Is it will be easy or hard?
In my opinion FM has a normal difficult. I don't agree with those who says that the game is easy

Managing in the lower leagues is much harder due to budgets, lack of available players and players unable to work in a lot of plug and play tactics as they lack the tactical skills to do so.

 

I always start unemployed and see where the world takes me. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, fmgod3 said:

Is there no way to sign players on short-term deals any more, ie one week or one month or three months, not sure why I'm unable to do that.

Do you mean trials? That is in the game as before. Or are you talking about loans?

Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Do you mean trials? That is in the game as before. Or are you talking about loans?

Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Out of contract players or even transfers, there is no option to sign short-term deals which are common in real football, ie one months- three months etc.  My squad has been hit by injury and I want to get some backups in but only very short-term my idea was to sign players on short-term deals which is commonplace

Edited by fmgod3
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, fmgod3 said:

Out of contract players or even transfers, there is no option to sign short-term deals which are common in real football, ie one months- three months etc.  My squad has been hit by injury and I want to get some backups in but only very short-term my idea was to sign players on short-term deals which is commonplace

Yeah, I can see that, but I don't really think that has been in FM. And to be fair, it's very rare that players join for less than half a year or something. At least in the top tiers, I can't think of anyone who joined for shorter than 6 months, other than loans?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I can see that, but I don't really think that has been in FM. And to be fair, it's very rare that players join for less than half a year or something. At least in the top tiers, I can't think of anyone who joined for shorter than 6 months, other than loans?

It's very common lower down the pryamid and 100% should be in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, fmgod3 said:

It's very common lower down the pryamid and 100% should be in the game.

Please add it in the suggestions subforum. Preferably with some suggestions as to how it should work and perhaps it could be in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

you know, sometimes i think that some SI developers don't know some rules of the sport

Capturar.PNG.083966295374d26c1b5b6acc0b5d1097.PNG

2020-02-19_11-42-38.png.e8c5d239133a901b7d38292fbd63e8de.png.186e1b852acda1e3c574f6f59c04a95b.png

I am just curious is that what are you saying true.

I first drew a line from the corner arc to 10yds marker. Then I have duplicated that layer and it can fit the distance between his foot and the arc perfectly.

If the rule is - "player can be / must be 10yds away from any point of the arc" then he is 10yds away from the arc on your screenshot. These are, as I said, the lines of same width, duplicated. 

 

Screenshot_4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The area where the opponent should not encroach into would also be an arc and not a square, so there looks like there is nothing wrong with that screenshot

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • shwanko changed the title to Interviews !! what is this nonsense?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...