Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 dakika önce, jarradccfc said:

How do you know that. The first part of the update got released at 22:05

When they tweet a content apart from an update from their Twitter accounts, I give up hope from that evening. I have a theory that "If the update was to be published, they would only post that". :)

i rather wait more days and have more fixes included in the patch that just a small transter update.

but i now that at least the automatic substitutions when u use match plans that happen even when u specifically disable the substitutions wont get fixed since its not a high priority problem, the frustrating thing is that i been reporting this for 2+ years.

On 02/12/2020 at 15:55, Boydy9 said:

After saying I was done after last year I read the beta feedback thread and was pulled back in by the ME reviews which was the single biggest disaster last year, after launch while the feedback changed slightly it still encouraged me enough to go ahead and try FM21 again. Feedback based on about 15 hour of play for what it's worth:

• The skin - not having more than one available was poor especially when the only one had a big white window which contrasted so much - I did download a user made one to resolve this but should I have to go hunting for something which doesn't hurt the eyes ?

• The UI - My god what a disaster, change after change for what only can be changes sake. Press conferences were bad before so I'm amazed that there seems to have been a concerted effort to make them worse by presenting them in this way on the screen. To compound this by using the same style in team meetings etc makes me think whoever designed and signed off on this doesn't actually play the game.
    Half time and full time team talks, can i not just see easily how my ramblings went down rather than having to look at each single player in turn ? and don't start me on the gestures which are a complete waste of time.

• Condition/Match Sharpness - I get that it's more realistic to not use percentages but if you change something please provide some context on what the new symbols mean. I've had players in good condition with sharpness going down, poor condition with sharpness going down and other scenarios which don't seem to be dependent on if a player is playing games or not - a mess

• XG - Ok ok it's a new feature and you want to promote but to use it in this degree is overkill. It seems to be the single most important number in the game now, more than passes, possession, shots,  chances etc - I'm not against  new way of analysing games but tone it down a bit. Every during and post match summary is all about XG being good or bad, telling me my team played very well because of a high XG is meaningless and just annoying.

• The match - The ME is a massive improvement in my limited time using it, much more varied in terms of goals and play
    Does my Assistant need to remind me every 5 minutes that a player is out of position deliberately because i am retraining him to that position ? SUre I can ignore him but he just chimes in with the same opinion thee next game.
    What happened to the timeline ? Is it so unrealistic to want to look back at a specific highlight during the game ?
    Making tactical changes and subs takes longer than before, why can't I just do a quick swap rather than going into tactics  ? (possibly I've missed an easy way to do this)
    I feel as I'm watching match highlights I have little control over rather than managing a team, not sure if this makes sense but it just feels like I have no real insight than someone who is just watching a game.

Overall - I don't like the game, sorry but I just don't.

It looks terrible, really bad. New features are at best confusing at worst pointless. Everything that made FM good previously seems to have been changed all in the name of change. But the single biggest issue is I feel so detached from the game and my team.

The first 10-15 hours should be the most immersing time in the game, building a team, a tactic, getting used to the payers and the club. Not in FM21 I was bored, I felt on the outside looking in, hard to explain but I don't feel like I'm managing and it's not fun.

Maybe I should give it longer but then again if it was any game but FM I wouldn't have given it this long - either way I assume I won't get a refund from Steam as I've played more than 2 hours but I've uninstalled and asked for one. If I don't I may try again in about 6 months to see if its any better or I may not

Since I never got my refund I came back onto the forums 3 months later to see if any of my previous issues had been improved, seems from reading this thread it's actually worse now ?

I opened a topic recently to address the little involvement of the libero. I tried a few different approaches and roles for the central defender and the problem continues, it is a difference of 12 passes or more compared to the other CBs (always)
I looked for some statistics of teams that use 3 defenders and in all matches the 3 defenders had almost the same number of passes, maybe a difference of 2 to 5 passes
I would like a different feedback from someone who uses this strategy to find out if other roles I use affect the little involvement of this central defender

This is bothering me a lot, because this player usually gets a very low rating, and it hinders his valuation and morale (I think)

Edited by Nick_CB

21 minutes ago, Boydy9 said:

Since I never got my refund I came back onto the forums 3 months later to see if any of my previous issues had been improved, seems from reading this thread it's actually worse now ?

I hated FM20 but FM21 is the best version  for a very long time. ME is very good, immersion  is great. It had reignited my love for the series after the disaster of 20.

9 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Details can be found here - 

Many thanks.

Small question, the fix for portuguese competition rules require a new save right?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, 99 said:

Many thanks.

Small question, the fix for portuguese competition rules require a new save right?

The suspension fix should be compatible with both old and new saves. 

• Administrators
Just now, 99 said:

Oh nice, thanks again!

Bear in mind the suspension won't be immediately removed, you'll have to play the number of games remaining on the ban and it'll count down with each subsequent match. Hope that makes sense. 

Want to start a new save.. are there no option for classic schedule? I don't like calendar of first season and this is remind me about pandemic so twice negative. + Stupid winter pause in WC22, so I started to enjoy classic schedule in 23/24 only

1 minute ago, Weller1980 said:

I know its probably unlikely but have there been any updates to player ratings? 

There may have been some fixes to errors and some small changes here and there but that's it. The next major update for ratings will be FM22. 

40 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The suspension fix should be compatible with both old and new saves. 

neil, may i ask why the problems with the group stage of the u21 competition in march 2021 have not been fixed? Ive asked the question and raised it in the research forums to no response. Cheers in advance if reply

55 minutes ago, balthaci said:

Players finally seem to be hitting early crosses, hardly contain myself to not cry.

So much for an early night after reading this.

But yes seeing this, and less blocks, crosses going in but being defended in the box. Shame I forgot to change my tactic to account for the AI being able to do the same.

Also just noticed I wasnt noticing throw-ins as my team are throwing them to my players.

Edited by dunk105

51 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I know its probably unlikely but have there been any updates to player ratings? 

Nothing mentioned which is a massive shame and somewhat shocking. Guess we just have to hope that its fixed by FM22.

Disappointed by the south american database update.

For example, Palmeiras won the Copa Libertadores on JANUARY 30 and the competition still lists Flamengo as the last winner

There are other problems (brazilian league finished on february 25 and the game does not consider the latest relegation/promotion for the next season), but I wont list them all

It's a shame

22 minutes ago, AEJ said:

Disappointed by the south american database update.

For example, Palmeiras won the Copa Libertadores on JANUARY 30 and the competition still lists Flamengo as the last winner

There are other problems (brazilian league finished on february 25 and the game does not consider the latest relegation/promotion for the next season), but I wont list them all

It's a shame

They get a licence for a certain season so it is possible this is why that isn't able to be in the game

7 minutos atrás, cris182 disse:

They get a licence for a certain season so it is possible this is why that isn't able to be in the game

Then it would be a new thing, because the march update had always updated libertadores winners and brazilian league winners/promotion/relegation, for example

It's the first time that it does not happen

3 minutes ago, AEJ said:

Then it would be a new thing, because the march update had always updated libertadores winners and brazilian league winners/promotion/relegation, for example

It's the first time that it does not happen

Best to report this in the relevant Bugs forum

3 minutos atrás, FrazT disse:

Best to report this in the relevant Bugs forum

Should it be considered a bug?

For me it seems to be a choice by SI. I would not be surprised if the reason is Covid. Libertadores 2020 finished on january 30, 2021, when it should have ended november 2020, so maybe they decided not to update the competition this year

Edited by AEJ

1 minute ago, AEJ said:

Should it be considered a bug?

For me it seems to be a choice by SI. I would not be surprised if the reason is Covid. Libertadores 2020 finished on january 30, 2021, when it should have ended november 2020, so maybe they decided not to update the competition this year

Frankly, I don't know if it is a bug or deliberate, but it wont get looked at one way or the other unless it is brought to their attention, hence the request.

Is anyone else seem there is way to many games being drawn if you look at reel life table there is way less games being drawn that football manager yes i get its a game but isn't it suppose to be as realistic as possible 

Untitled.png

drew.png

Edited by jckc221013jamie

1 hour ago, gioca88 said:

yet another serious mistake !! in china there is still suning fc! 

Hi,

Just think it's a too big modification to do for a mid season update

Too complicated for the competitions in the area to erase a whole team

Can understand that you're disappointed, but it's not worth it, it's just too difficult to do at this time of the year, impact is too massive for the whole game ;)

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Most assists by a player within club records now appearing correctly

Do you have to start a new save for this to work? Not working still

image.png.844fdfc8111e2c8f78e1ccd9746bd07a.png

Have you completed a season since the update? Believe it'll only include them from the point of fix. 

9 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Have you completed a season since the update? Believe it'll only include them from the point of fix. 

So not a complete fix then....that's disappointing. Might want to reword that fix then.

Edited by BamBamBam

13 minutes ago, gioca88 said:

in china there is still suning fc! WHY???

You were given a perfectly reasonable explanation by a member of the research team the first time you mentioned this, so there is really no need to ask again