Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, gothenburg83 said:

Game looks even better after the update, in my opinion!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can you still find the match attendance during a match or has that feature been moved? Thanks!

You can indeed, it is in the Tactical Screen previous to the game, or by going to Schedules after the game is played.

5 hours ago, OlivierL said:

didn't know this was an issue ?

This is from @Cheez3y , he played with Virton youth only.

image.png.2f6f4a9a49b8e562f168bfbd548f3fb2.png

Seems to me a lot of other nationalities in 5 seasons ?

In real life there would be way more moroccons and from DR Congo and Italia, if you watch every belgian club their youth in real life  this would be all way more

5 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Let SI try to resolve the general newgen intake issue first, then we can see if that fixes your issue too, or if something separate needs to be done to tweak the number of 2nd nationality Belgian players.

All right that seems fair, love the game so much so I wanted it to be as realistic as possible, thanks for your response

Edited by WilltheWolf92

Congratulations on the update SI! It's really perfect timing for me. Tomorrow is my last day of work before the holidays :D. (I actually have a release myself tomorrow, hope it goes well so I can enjoy the game in the evening).

• I tested the bug with low reputation manager getting jobs from 2.5/3 star clubs. That seems to be fixed.
  • That annoying bug on the tactics screen where areas of the analysis changes when you drag and drop subs is still there. I might even be worse than it used to be.
  • The passing networks on analysts reports are indeed still bugged but I don't find that really that important. I usually prefer to check the analytical data of opposition's last matches myself to figure out stuff like: what players are holding the ball the most, who has the largest number of passes, who has lost possession the most, mistakes made etc..  All that data is there. You can even see the pass combinations there under Passes > Combinations dropdown.

I'm really happy about the low rep manager bug being fixed, I can finally start my long term save. ;) 

10 minutes ago, Bogdy26 said:

Congratulations on the update SI! It's really perfect timing for me. Tomorrow is my last day of work before the holidays :D. (I actually have a release myself tomorrow, hope it goes well so I can enjoy the game in the evening).

• I tested the bug with low reputation manager getting jobs from 2.5/3 star clubs. That seems to be fixed.
  • That annoying bug on the tactics screen where areas of the analysis changes when you drag and drop subs is still there. I might even be worse than it used to be.
  • The passing networks on analysts reports are indeed still bugged but I don't find that really that important. I usually prefer to check the analytical data of opposition's last matches myself to figure out stuff like: what players are holding the ball the most, who has the largest number of passes, who has lost possession the most, mistakes made etc..  All that data is there. You can even see the pass combinations there under Passes > Combinations dropdown.

I'm really happy about the low rep manager bug being fixed, I can finally start my long term save. ;) 

Great news I'm starting my long term save soon too.

What exactly is the  passing networks bug and where can I find it?

Just starting playing the game properly since I bought as the newgen fix has been released and I'm loving the ME btw.

One question is there less Assistant Advice during matches in this years game or is it just my Assistant. In about 5 games the only gave 2 pieces of advice in each game (in.thw dugout and popping out onto the screen) and they were normally about a player being tired. Is this just how this years game is or is it my assistant?

1 minute ago, francis#17 said:

Great news I'm starting my long term save soon too.

What exactly is the  passing networks bug and where can I find it?

Go to: Team Report > Next Opponent > Analyst Report > Individual Match Analysis > Passing Network

The visualization is broken. But, as I said the data is in there. You can check the analytical data in the match itself. 

image.png.6522756d15d9c4367fa6a1cea2db59a7.png

Forgot to mention, as a feedback, we could really use a link to the opposition report on the tactical meeting screen.. it's funny how nobody thought that is necessary during the design/development process. Or is it just me ? 

4 minutes ago, Bogdy26 said:

Go to: Team Report > Next Opponent > Analyst Report > Individual Match Analysis > Passing Network

The visualization is broken. But, as I said the data is in there. You can check the analytical data in the match itself. 

image.png.6522756d15d9c4367fa6a1cea2db59a7.png

If you click on the match score in that screen so it takes you to the match report, and then go  to the analytical data you can see the passes there, along with other more detailed data. That gives the same data doesnt it?

8 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

If you click on the match score in that screen so it takes you to the match report, and then go  to the analytical data you can see the passes there, along with other more detailed data. That gives the same data doesnt it?

Yes. That's exactly what I mean.

Has anyone had any issues with the home screen on 21.2?  My views defaulted back, and any time I change the panels to preferred items (e.g. player stats) they do not hold.

Edit - nevermind - the option to automatically override was selected.  Now I just don't recall exactly what I had before!  It's not the same, but I don't remember haha

Edited by Phil930

17 minutes ago, Hammer77 said:

How can I turn off the spotlights? My FPS drops by almost half in evening matches. It's impossible to play.

There isn't a way to turn them off to the best of my knowledge. 

Since it seems to be match engine specific based on what you're saying, and related to lighting, it would be best to log it under here:

Match Engine - Art, Animations, Facegen and Manager Man - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

- - -

If you have something like the steam FPS counter enabled, that could show you where your FPS is dropping to. 

3 hours ago, Viking said:

If this is intentional, it's weird. If it is a bug I'll deal with it when I'm  not tired:

ghjgh.thumb.png.d96bacd8e4aff38cacde9dced0a43e51.png

If you are talking about mc green dot is missing on the postions in the background then no its not a bug.

If he could play mc he would have m(rlc) under his name.

33 minutes ago, Arnar said:

If you are talking about mc green dot is missing on the postions in the background then no its not a bug.

If he could play mc he would have m(rlc) under his name.

I am talking about his position being "unknown" whilst it's clearly shown both with the dots and in the information box.

5 часов назад, GOODNAME сказал:

2 games in 21.2 still 0 shots

This is normal?

2.jpg.5b9e6fac14fdb38c280c8eba9216981d.jpg1.jpg.74e514076f6225ed4b10b696aca32ede.jpg

this is a savage beating of babies in home matches that has nothing to do with football. Everton started testing. Everton plays at home as well as Real and Barcelona on these screens. In my opinion, this is a bias towards home matches against the underdogs. But even against strong opponents, non-top teams of 90 percent will win in a home match

Edited by nikkk

I thought it wouldnt be possible to make football manager game worse than last years edition, so i bought Fm 21 because Fm 17 was getting boring, but yet again Si continues to surprise me.

There is so many bugs from captains being removed without any reason and then complaining why i removed him and i havent touched a thing, assigning team numbers is broken, pre contract negotiations where players refuse to negotiate contract, even though you've met all their demands, YOUTH INTAKE!, offside goals where the player is clearly onside, fickle, unambitious, temperamental personalities on alot of good regens and regen staff, weird stats on both regen players and staff, the game engine that was alright on the beta is now beginning to look more like last years mess. 

Im not angry, just disapointted.

Edited by seb999999

One month after release and the game is still full of little but annoying bugs. In La Liga there is still issue with subs (one game I am allowed to use 5, next one just 4), the latest score is pure mess and sometimes when I want to see screen with match which was already played, there is just empty screen. I think all of this was reported in bug forum. Luckily this year ME is great. 

Il y a 4 heures, Mr Tonio a dit :

Is it me or central play is less effective with the new ME?

My team has looked terrible in the new ME, gotta try more matches but man they are ignoring central options to pass it to my WBs that's scary......

Play through the middle is not working atm

1 hour ago, seb999999 said:

I thought it wouldnt be possible to make football manager game worse than last years edition, so i bought Fm 21 because Fm 17 was getting boring, but yet again Si continues to surprise me.

There is so many bugs from captains being removed without any reason and then complaining why i removed him and i havent touched a thing, assigning team numbers is broken, pre contract negotiations where players refuse to negotiate contract, even though you've met all their demands, YOUTH INTAKE!, offside goals where the player is clearly onside, fickle, unambitious, temperamental personalities on alot of good regens and regen staff, weird stats on both regen players and staff, the game engine that was alright on the beta is now beginning to look more like last years mess. 

Im not angry, just disapointted.

I think some of the things you have mentioned will have been resolved in the new patch. If not, post examples in the bugs forum and let SI have a look 👍

2 minutes ago, seb999999 said:

These are all bugs after the new patch

You've tested youth intake fully after the patch?

Fair play - there is a thread in the bugs forum where people are running tests, I am sure they would love your input.

Hopefully the other things will be fixed asap if they are logged.

2 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Dumb question, but I can't find it anywhere. Is 21.2 patch save game compatible? I'm quite into my season atm

Thank you

It is but as per some competition fixes need a new game.

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Fair play - there is a thread in the bugs forum where people are running tests, I am sure they would love your input.

I have tested it and can't say it's true. The only thing that really had to be fixed is players running to the goalkeeper from the sideline and shooting from impossible angles. Haven't played enough games to answer that yet.

14 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Why dont you go have a look yourself, theres also a thread in the bugs forum

1 hour ago, evilpimp972 said:

My team has looked terrible in the new ME, gotta try more matches but man they are ignoring central options to pass it to my WBs that's scary......

Play through the middle is not working atm

Aw no, don't say that

The update dropped just as I went to bed so I've not played it yet but that doesn't sound good 

6 minutes ago, seb999999 said:

Why dont you go have a look yourself, theres also a thread in the bugs forum

Erm.... I know there is a thread in the bug forum, I just mentioned it. You haven't posted in there, and the people who are running tests haven't updated yet.

And if you're referring to the posts you have made in the bugs forum, each of them was prior to the latest patch.

Your response is a little strange tbh.

Anyway, I hope the things you are unhappy with are fixed in the latest patch. If not, then post in the bugs forum 👍

Like the new update, somehow match graphics look sharper than last night (maybe I was just tired ;) )

However, the game is way much slower between games. Screen loading takes upto 5 seconds to load while yesterday they were instant. Could it be because using a custom skin and loads of graphics? What would be the preferred way forward? Reload the skin again? I hope I can stay with the custom skin as I really got accustomed to it.

Edit: Just noticed it is because of the custom skin. Apparently many have similar problems... hope the skin makers can fix it.

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

So far I have played 5 matches and I don't want to get too excited but I think ME looks much better. I will not agree that there is no play through the middle. In my opinion, there is more than before the patch. The second thing is less dribbling and blocked crosses. At the moment I'm positive and I think the patch changed ME to a plus. :)

Just now, mistershoko said:

OK, so this might be the first FM in the series which obligates me to install a skin.

I just can't understand why SI went the extra mile to make this year's game so inconvenient UI-wise.

You might want to wait before doing that as custom skins are currently broken.

• Administrators

Just a reminder to everyone - if there are any bugs you come across it's extremely important they're raised on the bugs forum so our QA team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/769-football-manager-2021-bugs-forum/

Appreciate it's a big ask, but in doing so you really are helping do your bit to make the game the best possible version it can be. Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Just a reminder to everyone - if there are any bugs you come across it's extremely important they're raised on the bugs forum so our QA team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/769-football-manager-2021-bugs-forum/

Appreciate it's a big ask, but in doing so you really are helping do your bit to make the game the best possible version it can be. Thanks. 

The problem is that UI degradation is not an issue in your opinion.