Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, He can't believe he's missed it said:

Yet this year yes we have made some very minor balances but of course there is no way that this would drastically affect how the ME looks.....

I honestly think it's night & day from what I was playing 48 hours ago compared to now, I'm not happy to be honest

I'm seeing things go against my team instructions in favour of wide play again 

My left back, in bags of space, has literally just played a pinpoint crossfield pass to the right winger, with two CMS & a playmaker in the centre of the park with my instruction to play through the middle & pass short, I'm getting bad flashbacks     

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, akkm said:

you're factually correct to say things have changed as jack joyce himself said that. minor as he said balancing but could have certain knocks on unintended even

Like I just said, in those 100 beta games I don't recall once where the above happened. The above should not be happening & if it does, it should be rare, if I was playing a wingplay tactic then yes, I'd accept it as perfectly fine 

Here's a pic, as far as I can tell,  he's going against every instruction he has here

Untitled.thumb.png.62c566ba6b3226fc2ecc86fd0ecd4e71.png

His pass map from the game, that wasn;t the only time he did that 

Untitled.png.d1a0a24e747c5bf1fc515c1eeae57ec8.png

Edited by Johnny Ace

11 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I honestly think it's night & day from what I was playing 48 hours ago compared to now, I'm not happy to be honest

I'm seeing things go against my team instructions in favour of wide play again 

My left back, in bags of space, has literally just played a pinpoint crossfield pass to the right winger, with two CMS & a playmaker in the centre of the park with my instruction to play through the middle & pass short, I'm getting bad flashbacks     

Well that would make total sense tbh. We've been told for years that minor changes can have a big impact, so even if we are being told that SI haven't made "major" changes in terms of input, that doesn't mean the output won't be "majorly changed" as the result of some small adjustments

To add onto all the UI issues, this seems to still be a problem after weeks. Small thing obviously, but the UI this year is truly weird. 

I'm happy that we have 20 pages of mostly complaining about the UI tho, not sure how long this feedback thread would be if the ME was the bigger issue. 

I almost feel like SI tried making the UI more modern but failed horribly at it. 

Edited by Double0Seven

This is a pass map of a player from a beta save, same tactic only inverted (so he's a right back), this is the same role, same mentality, only thing different here is I didn't have focus through the middle on 

Untitled.png.da6d9f06e425d61b2dcc48308f2fb654.png

Night & day to me, that guy followed the TIs & PIs 

4 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Why do you think that? In my humble opinion is by far the best ME we've ever had.

Honestly if you think that way, that's great

I just think the hype that they generated during the beta and all the previews don't really match my expectations that's all

@Johnny Ace For what it's worth I'm also seeing an awful lot of weird cross field balls that I am pretty certain I wasn't seeing in the beta to this degree. In regards to other issues you've been seeing, I'm seeing them as well, but don't want to be too reactionary as I need to give it more time, and I played a very good amount of the beta. It took me two games to feel like there's been a change in passing though.

21 minutes ago, OHoh said:

The ME is not as good as how SI has said it would be, as always

SI stated its improved, its the feedback that has been the positive side, mostly in conjuncture with comparisons to fm19/20 and how they've plugged the biggest issues with them e.g. central play, through balls, crossing (to some extent) and passing that looks sleek and easy on the eye at times with added new animations and different ways to score/defend. 

46 minutes ago, He can't believe he's missed it said:

Well that would make total sense tbh. We've been told for years that minor changes can have a big impact, so even if we are being told that SI haven't made "major" changes in terms of input, that doesn't mean the output won't be "majorly changed" as the result of some small adjustments

The changes were things like offside and referee bloopers, not match balance, as Jack has already said. Even though they don't do full notes for release, he'd have mentioned changes like that. It's why he specifically said there were no changed to the balance of the match engine. 

I'd agree that Beta was slightly better than full release in terms of how the game was being played on the pitch but that one somehow had to be fixed because attack was too overpowered. Now there are plenty of blocked shots, crosses etc. and some stuff we used to see on FM 20. The number of crosses has probably been increased and now we see far more headers I'd say. But overall it's the best ME I've ever seen. Obviously improvements could be made in the future but overall I'm satisfied. 

Bear with me please as this could well be a bit of a combo of "is this really how this feature is really supposed to work" and "it'd be really nice if I had more control over the way this worked"...

Recruiting meetings - at the end of each "presentation" I explain what I'd like to have next time we meet - so let's say that from my scouts, as a rule, I'm not overly concerned about current ability, I'm definitely concerned about future potential, and I always set an age limit - Im managing Ajax so I'm not really going to compete for, or look for, ageing or established stars.

What happens in the next meeting is, I get recommendations that don't meet the potential ability level that I set, and that are older than I'm interested in.   So - I have a stellar left winger who won't need replacing for 3-4 seasons.  I'd like an understudy, so I make requests for that to come back.  The meeting kicks off and I can see that that's what's on the agenda - great, how exciting.  Then I see the handful of results - oh, its a 31 year old who's worse than my current incumbent, expensive, and doesn't meet the criteria I set.  I don't want a guy who's older than the one in the spot currently, but also not as good.  If that's all the scouts can find, I'd rather not have the scouting meeting than take the time to tell them again and again that I'm not interested... is this as designed, or am I doing something daft - perfectly prepared to admit that this might be me...:D

For what it's worth - I don't even want this stuff to show up in scouting centre - its a massive waste of time and at this point, a few days in, I'm just devolving all of this to either DOF or Chief Scout.  I *wish* I could filter scouting centre response by age / ability / optential ability, but no - its another $40m 29 year old that I wouldn't sign on a free....

Is it possible for us to get more control of this? 

Or, does this sound like I'm not really doing this right?  As I said - perfectly prepared to accept that I might just be being crap at playing the game...:)

3 minutes ago, Matt ex SEGA said:

Bear with me please as this could well be a bit of a combo of "is this really how this feature is really supposed to work" and "it'd be really nice if I had more control over the way this worked"...

Recruiting meetings - at the end of each "presentation" I explain what I'd like to have next time we meet - so let's say that from my scouts, as a rule, I'm not overly concerned about current ability, I'm definitely concerned about future potential, and I always set an age limit - Im managing Ajax so I'm not really going to compete for, or look for, ageing or established stars.

What happens in the next meeting is, I get recommendations that don't meet the potential ability level that I set, and that are older than I'm interested in.   So - I have a stellar left winger who won't need replacing for 3-4 seasons.  I'd like an understudy, so I make requests for that to come back.  The meeting kicks off and I can see that that's what's on the agenda - great, how exciting.  Then I see the handful of results - oh, its a 31 year old who's worse than my current incumbent, expensive, and doesn't meet the criteria I set.  I don't want a guy who's older than the one in the spot currently, but also not as good.  If that's all the scouts can find, I'd rather not have the scouting meeting than take the time to tell them again and again that I'm not interested... is this as designed, or am I doing something daft - perfectly prepared to admit that this might be me...:D

For what it's worth - I don't even want this stuff to show up in scouting centre - its a massive waste of time and at this point, a few days in, I'm just devolving all of this to either DOF or Chief Scout.  I *wish* I could filter scouting centre response by age / ability / optential ability, but no - its another $40m 29 year old that I wouldn't sign on a free....

Is it possible for us to get more control of this? 

Or, does this sound like I'm not really doing this right?  As I said - perfectly prepared to accept that I might just be being crap at playing the game...:)

I'd argue you're not being presented with the right info, something I noticed in my new save. I'm waiting a few months so my scouts have been deployed for a while and have lots of results and then going to run it again, see if that changes anything. Also the info you get should in my opinion be linked to your board requirements. If the United board wants mostly under 23s and English, thats what I should be seeing from my scouts

22 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The changes were things like offside and referee bloopers, not match balance, as Jack has already said. Even though they don't do full notes for release, he'd have mentioned changes like that. It's why he specifically said there were no changed to the balance of the match engine. 

Jack's words were "[...] and some minor balancing (but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet)"
And given that SI have repeatedly said in the past that minor changes can have larger, unintended consequences, I don't see why you're immediately dismissing the possibility that the ME balance could have, in fact, changed slightly...

But onto ME feedback:

I'm hoping that most of these issues are due to poor team cohesion (or maybe it's Just My Tactics™), which is stagnant at the halfway mark despite my best efforts to add as many cohesion-boosting training sessions as I can cram in...

-Crosses being hit directly into the first defender are just as much of an issue as they were in FM20. The attacker doesn't make an effort to avoid this happening, he simply runs down the flank (or sometimes along the byline towards goal) and whacks the ball right at the defender's legs from a metre away. This blocked cross will then deflect out for a corner, leading to an unrealistically high number of corners.

-Players shooting from inside the box don't seem to strike the ball with much power, I'm seeing a lot of shots that are basically just passed to the goalkeeper.

-Wingers/inside forwards and wing-backs aren't getting forward enough - or far enough forward - when their team has the ball. When my right winger has the ball 3/4 of the way up the pitch, my left wing-back is too often just standing in front of the halfway line despite instructions to get further forward.

-Long ball accuracy seems too high, with goalkeepers consistently pinging kicks to the striker's head, and players are resorting to hoofing it too often (even with play out of defence/shorter passing/etc instructions). Crossfield switches of play (almost perfectly horizontal ones) are more common than I would expect them to be.

-Reaction times to long balls are, seemingly at random, unrealistically low, and too often I'm seeing an attacker who the long ball was aimed at just stand there while the defender marking him runs in front to intercept, and he'll not react to that happening until after the interception. Still the same issue as in previous FMs of a player who could and should get to a loose/second ball being lackadaisical and not trying hard enough to get to it.

-Set pieces and instructions are still unintuitive and uncontrollable. Having two players set to Lurk Outside Area for a corner means they'll both stand on top of each other instead of being placed in useful areas. The set piece tactic creator really needs an overhaul (please, SI, bump this one up your priority list)

2 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Jack's words were "[...] and some minor balancing (but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet)"
And given that SI have repeatedly said in the past that minor changes can have larger, unintended consequences, I don't see why you're immediately dismissing the possibility that the ME balance could have, in fact, changed slightly...

But onto ME feedback:

I'm hoping that most of these issues are due to poor team cohesion (or maybe it's Just My Tactics™), which is stagnant at the halfway mark despite my best efforts to add as many cohesion-boosting training sessions as I can cram in...

-Crosses being hit directly into the first defender are just as much of an issue as they were in FM20. The attacker doesn't make an effort to avoid this happening, he simply runs down the flank (or sometimes along the byline towards goal) and whacks the ball right at the defender's legs from a metre away. This blocked cross will then deflect out for a corner, leading to an unrealistically high number of corners.

-Players shooting from inside the box don't seem to strike the ball with much power, I'm seeing a lot of shots that are basically just passed to the goalkeeper.

-Wingers/inside forwards and wing-backs aren't getting forward enough - or far enough forward - when their team has the ball. When my right winger has the ball 3/4 of the way up the pitch, my left wing-back is too often just standing in front of the halfway line despite instructions to get further forward.

-Long ball accuracy seems too high, with goalkeepers consistently pinging kicks to the striker's head, and players are resorting to hoofing it too often (even with play out of defence/shorter passing/etc instructions). Crossfield switches of play (almost perfectly horizontal ones) are more common than I would expect them to be.

-Reaction times to long balls are, seemingly at random, unrealistically low, and too often I'm seeing an attacker who the long ball was aimed at just stand there while the defender marking him runs in front to intercept, and he'll not react to that happening until after the interception. Still the same issue as in previous FMs of a player who could and should get to a loose/second ball being lackadaisical and not trying hard enough to get to it.

-Set pieces and instructions are still unintuitive and uncontrollable. Having two players set to Lurk Outside Area for a corner means they'll both stand on top of each other instead of being placed in useful areas. The set piece tactic creator really needs an overhaul (please, SI, bump this one up your priority list)

Because I literally asked him what the changes were, and they were  things like offside fixes, referee issues. 

If you think there are bug issues, then raise them in the bugs forum, but its not much help to SI telling them there's new issues with things they didn't actually touch in the last couple of weeks. Which is why Jack left his remarks in the first place...

I agree that the ME has changed significantly from the beta and before I get shot down as it was just "minor balancing" and no significant changes its a new build so it is different regardless of what you say, if it has a single line of code change its different and thus has a different build number, its a different version end of story. What I see that has changed is the pass bias is back to favour playing wide and is essentially the same as FM20, passes have a tendancy to go out wide to fullbacks who are as ever are largely unmarked and tracked because SI still don't understand that all 11 players defend when they don't have the ball.  In the beta there was more central play as the ball was given to central players even when there were defenders near to them, that has dissapeared now so we are back to big switches of play constantly wide its so dissapointing given how the beta played to be back to this again

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Because I literally asked him what the changes were, and they were  things like offside fixes, referee issues. 

Then fair enough - Jack's wording was vague enough to not rule out anything that could have knock-on effects and "drastically" is a subjective term too

2 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Then fair enough - Jack's wording was vague enough to not rule out anything that could have knock-on effects and "drastically" is a subjective term too

He's pretty open, he would have mentioned things like that, like they did last year when there were some drastic changes in the beta period. You'd definitely know about it if they had decided to do some serious fiddling like in FM20 pre release

This is simple is the release ME build the same build number as the beta? If yes then nothing has changed and its all placebo, if no then it is a new ME build and has changed and it is reasonable that people are seeing differences to the beta. 

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you think there are bug issues, then raise them in the bugs forum

Waiting to see if the issues I've seen remains a trend in my saves first, or whether it's "first season team cohesion" being intentionally slow to increase or something like that.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

but its not much help to SI telling them there's new issues with things they didn't actually touch in the last couple of weeks

If it wasn't clear this was ME feedback in general, not specific to any perceived ME changes (or lack of them) since the full release

Just wanted to start off by saying that I'm absolutely loving the new game so far with all the new features and improvements. 

One thing I do want to raise is a slight issue, I have started off my save unemployed with no qualifications and Sunday league experience. Out of interest I applied for a range of jobs across the English, Welsh and Scottish leagues. One such example was Aldershot near the bottom of the National League, they offered me an interview but no job offer. No problem this was what I expected. It continued pretty normal until January when out of the blue Stoke City (3rd in the Championship at the time) offered me an interview without me even applying. I took the interview out of curiosity and to my shock only a few days after they offered me the job. I'm not sure if this is a 'bug' or just something random within the game but it isn't something that has happened to me in any of the past few editions of the game and is probably worth looking at. 

Apologies if this was the wrong place to post this, wasn't sure where else to post this in currently. 

Edited by Jakelcfc84

Just now, autohoratio said:

Waiting to see if the issues I've seen remains a trend in my saves first, or whether it's "first season team cohesion" being intentionally slow to increase or something like that.

If it wasn't clear this was ME feedback in general, not specific to any perceived ME changes (or lack of them) since the full release

1) That would certainly make a difference. The changes they made outside the ME to the pre match areas, will also have made a difference, not sure how much that has been mentioned

2) And very much fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Jakelcfc84 said:

Just wanted to start off by saying that I'm absolutely loving the new game so far with all the new features and improvements. 

One thing I do want to raise is a slight issue, I have started off my save unemployed with no qualifications and Sunday league experience. Out of interest I applied for a range of jobs across the English, Welsh and Scottish leagues. One such example was Aldershot near the bottom of the National League, they offered me an interview but no job offer. No problem this was what I expected. It continued pretty normal until January when out of the blue Stoke City (3rd in the Championship at the time) offered me an interview without me even applying. I took the interview out of curiosity and to my shock only a few days after they offered me the job. I'm not sure if this is a 'bug' or just something random within the game but it isn't something that has happened to me in any of the past few editions of the game and is probably worth looking at. 

It is possibly random and maybe they took one look at your photo and said- "that the one"!- if you think it might be a bug then please report it

As much as the ME is improved, dare I say the one issue is perhaps the OP over route one balls from the goalkeeper over the defences? Seen this happen way too often for a side that is playing with a standard line and non-pressing.

Also as much as I appreciate the purpose of XG, it's more infuriating than anything, as I'm finishing games 4-3 and teams are having 0.50's XG compared to my 2.5+ (not every game I'll give you that) and rather than thinking good win, I'm now getting frustrated at the fact the AI's scoring screamers more often than not out of their small amount of chances which on top of the direct route one goals is another thing that I've noticed is happening incredibly often at all levels. ***

Don't get me wrong, the ME has improved but these are two things I've picked up from my experience since playing from the beta and the full release.

***This example is across different saves and formations before anyone cries tactics which it absolutely may be in some cases but it still seems a little OP for my liking when I'm seeing it as often as I have.

has anyone noted that players make really low dribbles per game? been trying to make my players more direct for a few games with team instructions "run at defense", mentallity attack and playing with AML and AMR inside forwards on attack duty, am getting 1 or 2 dribbles total at most in the whole team per match, i have a squad with a 6.5M euros per week, players more than good enough to make dribbles effectively, yet they rarely even try to dribble, finding it pretty weird and frustrating, am first in the league with 10 consecutive wins but these guys simply wont even try to dribble

Newgen staff with Continental Pro Licence, but his sole staff suitability/preferred job is Loan Manager, with everything else being the minimally-filled red circle, so no desire to be a coach/assistant manager/etc at all. 🤔

I feel like these newgen staff should either have more flexibility with their preferred jobs (so that you could actually tempt them into accepting a coaching job) or their non-Loan Manager attributes should be a lot lower.

image.png.b92a96ec513178149de121aef940a591.png

I wish there was a way to put the FM21 match engine into FM20. The UI was perfectly functional; in 21 it diminishes my enjoyment. Information and feedback in 21 is spewed all over the screen.  Concise lists for press conferences and team talks were much easier.  It takes more time to find and process information now. It was all so right and now it is just plain wrong. After awhile it wears out my patience and sadly I am relying on the Assistant Manager more often. Also, the match commentary needs to be more prominent.

49 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It is possibly random and maybe they took one look at your photo and said- "that the one"!- if you think it might be a bug then please report it

@Jakelcfc84- additionally, the game is designed to throw you a bone with a job offer eventually in order that your game isn't over before it's begun by you never getting/being offered a job, so that might well have been what happened here. As @FrazT said, if you think that an offer that far up the table is unreasonable/a bug, report it, as you might well have spotted that the broadening of the offers you may get is currently set wider than expected or the like.

28 minutes ago, Christmas said:

I have read the posts from SI which, despite moderators interpretation, actually say not much has changed, as opposed to nothing.

In truth however, that minor balancing has had a knock on effect to the ME, even if not realised yet by SI. 

The ME is now FM20 with the new FM21 features like dinks and triangle passes wedged in.

Yes I was one of those complaining about beta being too easy. But if SI say that they addressed this not via ME, then please revert the ME. 

Beta ME was much better than this FM 20 pinball we have now (even if too easy).

I am just playing FM20 again when I load up FM21 - but with a worse UI. And I hated FM 20.

Sorry SI - but the game needs more work. It isn't right. It must be super frustrating for you given the insane levels of complexity - but it is not in the good place yet.

And as previously stated by @themadsheep2001, given we've asked Jack (who is pretty much the authority on the match engine), the changes within the match engine were things like offside calls and referees making stupid decisions, not player behaviour. Outside of those tweaks, nothing was changed within the match engine, and so a huge change between the beta and full release isn't possible, and certainly isn't something I've experienced in the many hours I've played the game since Monday night.

15 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

And as previously stated by @themadsheep2001, given we've asked Jack (who is pretty much the authority on the match engine), the changes within the match engine were things like offside calls and referees making stupid decisions, not player behaviour. Outside of those tweaks, nothing was changed within the match engine, and so a huge change between the beta and full release isn't possible, and certainly isn't something I've experienced in the many hours I've played the game since Monday night.

Yes I've read all that. I said so in my post. I dont understand what you felt the need to direct me to stuff I have already stated I have read. This is a feedback thread and I was providing my feedback. I wasn't saying game is broken, or making a bug report in the feedback thread. I was providing feedback.

My feedback is that the ball was 'loose' much more in beta. Now it is always in possession, being pinged between lower league players at warp speed. Many players are describing the same changes notwithstanding SI comments. They are happening.

1 hour ago, Jakelcfc84 said:

Apologies if this was the wrong place to post this, wasn't sure where else to post this in currently. 

I raised this as a bug, and apparently it's a known issue - basically seems like reputation isn't being properly considered for job interest/ offers

My thoughts after playing the game for a significant period of time:

It's the best edition in a long time - loving the match engine which for me is the most important part of the game. My one complaint is that pass accuracy % is too high for all teams, but I really hope that you don't try to fix this and accidentally ruin the match engine.

I also really enjoy the new match UI.

I remember reading in the beta feedback that the game was too easy - not sure if people are still finding this but I am finding it a reasonable level of difficulty.

Press conferences look a lot nicer which is great, although I'm already sick of the same questions being asked and I'm not even halfway through the season.

Have come across a lot of (minor) bugs, need to get round to logging them but there so many of them that it's going to be a daunting task.

Overall if the bugs get fixed then this could well be the best FM of all time.

PS: Bring back the green UI like in the good old days!

2 hours ago, CM said:

I'd agree that Beta was slightly better than full release in terms of how the game was being played on the pitch but that one somehow had to be fixed because attack was too overpowered. Now there are plenty of blocked shots, crosses etc. and some stuff we used to see on FM 20. The number of crosses has probably been increased and now we see far more headers I'd say. But overall it's the best ME I've ever seen. Obviously improvements could be made in the future but overall I'm satisfied. 

Except attack absolutely wasn't over powered if anything AI teams were underscoring by about 10 to 20 games a season.

Just some human players (by far not all) could get loads of goals.

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'd argue you're not being presented with the right info, something I noticed in my new save. I'm waiting a few months so my scouts have been deployed for a while and have lots of results and then going to run it again, see if that changes anything. Also the info you get should in my opinion be linked to your board requirements. If the United board wants mostly under 23s and English, thats what I should be seeing from my scouts

You can add that as a requirement by the way in the meeting.

53 minutes ago, AlexJames said:

I raised this as a bug, and apparently it's a known issue - basically seems like reputation isn't being properly considered for job interest/ offers

This completely destroys 'journeyman' savefilings for me as a viable and existant concept. They are just a fantasy madeup ideas so it is very sad to think of all the thousands of people who think they are playing one but actually are not. 

I identified this failings, at least as an issue, during beta so sad to see it remains exactly the same given how simple for to SI replicate. Seems to be par for the course.

6 minutes ago, Christmas said:

This completely destroys 'journeyman' savefilings for me as a viable and existant concept. They are just a fantasy madeup ideas so it is very sad to think of all the thousands of people who think they are playing one but actually are not. 

I identified this failings, at least as an issue, during beta so sad to see it remains exactly the same given how simple for to SI replicate. Seems to be par for the course.

Did you raise it in the relevant Bugs forum?

15 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Did you raise it in the relevant Bugs forum?

My posting said I only raised it as an issue, although I would identify SI responded directly.

I am accept it would have been more helpful for me to have it it to be posted as a bug, but I dispute that for a bug of such an easy to replicate manner as this bugging it was required for to have been done so in order to have a legitimate expectation that it issue be fixed.

SI's response was essentially that it this bug be a design choice, in order to stop people going without jobs. I understand why they wouldn't want this, as then they would have to bear the complaints of the large number of users who don't really understand the game and would abuse Mr Jacobsen on twitter about not being able to find work. My view is that they can fix this by setting an auto rep level to minimum active league - rather than have clubs in EFL Championship offer jobs to Sunday league users. 

I think SI choose the easy route of fewer complaints from what I am calling the 'lay-people' users - at the expense of 'true' journeyman saves. That is their choice to make.

4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

This is a pass map of a player from a beta save, same tactic only inverted (so he's a right back), this is the same role, same mentality, only thing different here is I didn't have focus through the middle on 

Untitled.png.da6d9f06e425d61b2dcc48308f2fb654.png

Night & day to me, that guy followed the TIs & PIs 

What's his preferred foot? Left side he can make longer pass easier with his left. Not saying it's completely fine now. Maybe something they should keep eye. "Usage of feet when passing center/wide balance"

Edited by Pasonen

47 minutes ago, Christmas said:

This one is disappointing and I can certainly understand how this could be deemed "game-breaking" for some, based on the way they choose the play the game - myself included.

I'm currently in the midst of a 2 year (real time), 10 season (game time) journeyman save on FM19, where I started out a terrible Scottish L2 side, progressed to the English L2 after gaining badges and rep improvements before landing a job in the Championship and eventually getting the club promoted to the Premier League (and relegated again, which is where I am currently). 

This whole experience would not be possible on FM2021 as it is currently, which is a real shame.