Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

il y a 42 minutes, SebastianRO a dit :

I have played about 10 matches since the full release (continued my BETA save) and I can notice a nerf to finishing / decision making in the final third. I don't wanna get into that "difficulty level" non-sense conversation, but if finishing has indeed been nerfed (and it's not just a coincidental lack of form on my striker's part) it seems unnatural and unrealistic. It is not just for me, but also for the AI. The best example I can give you is my game vs Lazio. My striker (Gabriel Barbosa) missed 2 chances that he wouldn't have missed in the beta. Maybe 1 of them, but both ? Not really. Then James Rodrigues (Lazio player) finds himself  1vs1 with my GK, Plizzari and his shot went miles away from the post, even thoug the angle was near perfect and the distance to goal was about 12m.

I have spotted this trend over a few games now I believe it's a massive step back from the BETA.

GKs also seemed to be gotten a buff, which didn't really seemed like it was required, I personally believe they played really well and performed realistic in the beta.

On a positive note, it seems that tackles have improved, both sliding tackles and on feet challenges.

I can also notice a more variety in direct free kicks execution, which is welcomed.

FM20 suffered from complex ME issues which made it unplayable for me. FM21 seemed to have made great strides on getting rid of such issues and for the most part I consider it a massive success. I hope that the nerf to finishing that I am noticing since last night (full version) is just a fluke or a poor run of form for the strikers. I am going to end my feedback by saying that all the changes and all of the features that are / will be implemented (on the tactical side) should serve one purpose and one purpose only: to give us the tools to create tactics that can work (as long as they are done correctly) that are not biased towards an in real life trend (gegenpress or whatever the case). Let me put it this way: IRL you do get new trends because those tacticians that create such trends have the freedom to create them in the first place. That's how they are created and perfected in the first place. There was no 3 at the back until ... it was. There was no total football ... until it was. IRL anything, literally anything can work (to an extent) and thats the beauty of the game. This year's full release is the best I have seen in the last 3 years and I hope it will only improve :applause:

Went here to say exactly just that. Noticed a nerf in finishing too. My strikers (Neymar, Joao Félix, Ansu Fati, Anthony) was scoring for fun before full release. Now a massive drop in goals scored despite same tactic/system providing a lot of chances.

Very disappointing to say the least.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started my usual journeyman save (Sunday League Footballer, no Coaching Badges) and get offered an interview at League One Wigan on Day Two of my career.

Not the best first impression of the realism of this year's game if I'm honest... 

Edited by MyNameIsJohn

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

what is this? my friends are still playing the game, but at every fm you can do what you want at that time

it is not possible to watch friends matches?

dddddd.jpg

Please raise the issue here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/810-create-a-club-fantasy-draft-onlinenetwork-games-workshop-dlc-and-achievements/

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

Went here to say exactly just that. Noticed a nerf in finishing too. My strikers (Neymar, Joao Félix, Ansu Fati, Anthony) was scoring for fun before full release. Now a massive drop in goals scored despite same tactic/system providing a lot of chances.

Very disappointing to say the least.

Out of curiosity, what was their games/goals ratios in the beta? 

Any examples of final tables in England and Spain played just in the release version? Would be nice to see if the top AI teams can challenge the player if I choose, for example, Liverpool. 

People saying ‘choose a lower rep team’ to make the game harder miss the point. I should be able to be a top side but still be challenged by other top sides in that league. 

Edited by DP

13 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

Yes, thankfully. Almost non-existant for me in beta, especially in-match injuries.

I've just started season and feel like I'm getting way more injuries than I should be players out for two months as I've just started my save. 

il y a 13 minutes, huntelaar19 a dit :

Out of curiosity, what was their games/goals ratios in the beta? 

Just a few examples:

joao Félix 2022/2023; 52(1) games, 33 goals

2023/2024: 37(4) games, 22 goals

Ansu Fati 2022/2023; 44(13) games, 22 goals

2023/2024: 35(5)games 17goals

11 minutes ago, jackritchie7 said:

I've just started season and feel like I'm getting way more injuries than I should be players out for two months as I've just started my save. 

Injuries don't happen on a convenient timetable unfortunately. FM has traditionally had fewer injuries than real life, but the beta was hugely unrealistic from what I've experienced. The increase in the full release can only really be judged over a longer period of time than twelve odd hours, but still seems generous to me.

First impressions after 10 games.

Also noticing a significant increase in injuries - I always rotate a bunch, but already had 4 medium term injuries.

Goals from set pieces and penalties seem to be up a little.  More goals late in the game (noticed very few in the beta).

Harder for my team to play a short passing game effectively - had to tweak the tactic as I couldn't buy a goal, let alone a win.  Would need to test this with a better team - but realism would be increased if it's because I don't have a top team.

More weird goals from players clearing into their own man etc.  Also a few more goals from players running a long distance unchallenged and goals from long shots are up as well.

Will need to give it more time, but down on enjoyment/up in frustration from the beta - probably from frustration the tactic doesn't work as well!

The UI has been cleaned up a little and I will get more used to it, but it's still the weak point of the product for me - but certainly understand it's only been 2 weeks and hopefully changes will be made down the road.

Edited by duesouth

I'm in a nightmare of a schedule right now, playing Sat, Tue, Thu, Sat, Mon, Thu, Sat etc and my medical centre says we're 52% lower than expected in terms of the number of injuries. I only have 3 players out too, tight thigh, pulled groin and broken leg.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well, I've been critical of the matchday UI all through the beta, and I still don't particularly like it, but the difference the changes to lighting, contrast, colour and ball brightness since the beta have blown me away to the point I don't actually care about the matchday UI anymore, it's finally a joy to watch the game on the 3D engine. Coupled with the big improvement in the ME itself, and all the cool additions that have been thrown in, and considering all this was put together in the most trying of circumstances, I doff my cap to the lads and lassies at SI, you have absolutely knocked it out the park this year. 

Glorious. 

Glad to read Dave, at 1 pt in the Beta it seemed a bit touch and go for you:)

I've got have to put my hands up and say the SI team has done a brilliant job. i've never gone beyond 5 minutes using 3D for past FMs as my graphic card does not run smoothly on 3D  mode. Not sure what magic they have done post beta, the ME has been optimised and i could play 3D smoothly with no strain on my eyes despite having a mediocre graphics card.  This is the first time i've completed a match 90 mins  in 3D mode although i'm a fan of 2D. 

On the 2D, i was one of the people who complained about the the 2D UI in the beta and it has been much improved in the official release. I don't even know what was done, how much was done or something was even done that 2D UI is much improved. The only gripe i have is that the pitch size cannot be optimised to fit the screen as it get overlapped when i zoom to the max and  commentary text also overlaps the pitch when zoomed in.  It will be good if the commentary stays in position below the ad boards when the pitch is being zoomed and the font size of the commentary text to increase slightly. 

1991363596_pitchsize.thumb.JPG.e731b75a551a02da408e83c351a7e52a.JPG

38 minutes ago, duesouth said:

First impressions after 10 games.

Also noticing a significant increase in injuries - I always rotate a bunch, but already had 4 medium term injuries.

Goals from set pieces and penalties seem to be up a little.  More goals late in the game (noticed very few in the beta).

Harder for my team to play a short passing game effectively - had to tweak the tactic as I couldn't buy a goal, let alone a win.  Would need to test this with a better team - but realism would be increased if it's because I don't have a top team.

More weird goals from players clearing into their own man etc.  Also a few more goals from players running a long distance unchallenged and goals from long shots are up as well.

Will need to give it more time, but down on enjoyment/up in frustration from the beta - probably from frustration the tactic doesn't work as well!

The UI has been cleaned up a little and I will get more used to it, but it's still the weak point of the product for me - but certainly understand it's only been 2 weeks and hopefully changes will be made down the road.

That's also my feeling with the match engine. It would be so great if they made a change so not every small team could play tiki taka if you don't have the players for it and you have to buy better players. It would be really bad though if they did what they did in FM 20 and to some extent 19, which is to basically kill through balls just because the defenders don't know how to stop them.

I really really hope they haven't broken central play again, I still see passes into the middle but there's alot more coming back to my DLP than I'd like. Again it depends on how better teams play.

I was enjoying the beta ME even though it was abit too easy at times, but don't kill central play across the board. Make me have to buy the correct players to play it.

I hope it's an intelligent fix and not a hot fix.

Getting lots of players coming to me on trial then refusing to discuss salary saying I can't afford them. Why come on trial then?

Still absolutely devastated by the refusal to correct the matchday UI, not even the move to tablet other complain onbut the other items, scorer face / assist/ draggable bottom screen. It really is so poor of you.

But - my ME lag is fixed.

I'm also seeing alot more long shots and set piece goals. I'll have to play a full season to see if it's like in FM 20 but I hope it's a minor increase in average. 

I'm still enjoying the football mind you, I'm just careful with praise now because they could easily have made the ME worse for the release and so you kind of have to revaluate it again.

It's a bit sad there isn't a changelist. It's difficult to know what they've changed.

Playing the demo and like most I can see a definite improvement in the ME and the 3D graphical representation. Like the tweaks, additions and improvements, however, the UI is appalling in game re the replacement for the widgets. It has all the info but looks like a total amateur stick on. Whoever designs the UI has apparently learnt very little in presentation of the product. The rest of the layout is similar if not identical to last year and so on, Liveable but needs the community skins to give it life!

Will now look for decent deals as a discount just for the presentation is a must to make the game reasonably priced for me...maybe not for others.

PS I appear to be unable to praise a decent training session for an individual - has this been discontinued?

Edited by Kazza

1 hour ago, jackritchie7 said:

also anyone else feel there getting a lot more injures today?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Literally, a fortnight in and I've got five long term injuries (none of which were present at the start of the game) 

1 hour ago, duesouth said:

How many have you had so far? And the rest of the league?

I have holidayed through 2 seasons and Liverpool lead the league with 4 penalties taken. Seems far too low.

Not sure whether that's a bug or not, but if you comment on all your players in pre-match team-talks (general team talk + defenders + midfielders + strikers), it seems like it gets nullified completely. Previously "Motivated/Fired Up" reactions turn to "Composed" across the board and the pre-match Team Talk Feedback screen gets wiped out:

VPzHTpP.jpg

Could this be by design, to prevent users abusing morale too much? Seems fine if you only comment on defenders and midfielders, for example, but the moment you do it on the whole team, the above happens.

@Neil Brock

1 hour ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

Just a few examples:

joao Félix 2022/2023; 52(1) games, 33 goals

2023/2024: 37(4) games, 22 goals

Ansu Fati 2022/2023; 44(13) games, 22 goals

2023/2024: 35(5)games 17goals

This seems fine to me though considering the number of games they played in 23/24 season.

Idk what happened to match UI, it seems to be completely glitched.

Dugout will be completely empty and for example when assistant gives opp. instruction advice, it's just greyed out and can't be applied directly from dugout.

The pitch itself and players have more clarity, visibility is better in 3D.

I've noticed some new animations, which is nice.

I continued playing my Beta save so I can directly compare how ME plays out, didn't change a thing in my tactical setup.

And I have to say that ME is still unenjoyable.

I had high hopes during beta because it finally seemed like issues at hand were fixable with some balancing. But nothing has been fixed, it just got worse.

The number of ridiculous, Xavi-like passes from average players is even higher after the update. 30m+ passes that take out whole defenses are way too common. Especially when they come from GK or defenders.

I'm managing Inter and in my two CL groupstage games against United 6 goals happened. 3-1 and 1-1 were the results. All 6 after passes into space behind the defense. High or deep line, it doesn't matter. Even if the CBs stand around the edge of the box, there will still be a perfect pass from deep that just takes them out and they always try to follow the attacker instead of intercepting the pass, regardless of instructions.

To balance things out and mask the issues, finishing has been reverted to FM20 levels and is just painful to watch. I lost all motivation to play the game because of this. Results are still more or less perfect, but unfortunately this just isn't even remotely good representation of football.

19 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Not by a PC.

Can someone tell me if there is a lower league English db on Steam yet?

I'm not sure - not seen one yet and I know from his Twitter that @DanFMDatabases is having a few (lot) of issues with the Editor currently... Might take a while.

6 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Just to confirm, FrazT is correct. The ME does not treat the human and AI player any different (in fact it doesn't know which team is human-managed at all), so the changes in regard to difficulty were to external factors we identified that filtered through to the matchday.

In terms of ME AI changes, there was nothing major, but there were changes to fix various bloopers/refereeing issues and some minor balancing (but nothing that would drastically affect how the ME plays yet).

I think it's the best ME in a very long time and I'm sure most of the community would agree. I hope not too many ME adjustments are planned for future patches. We'll done on a brilliant ME. 

Edited by Weller1980

7 hours ago, turgi said:

This is painful. So much space for nothing!

image.thumb.png.7f3e24c0d3370aa61c0533d55aaba5b1.png

I don't think I agree with this sentimeent in this instance. Well, I'm in two minds. I do somewhat agree there is a lot of wasted space there, but what are SI supposed to put there?

They've had this idea this year to attempt to make the game more personal. That is your office. You are meeting with a player who has a grievance. You meet in your office.

I don't see what you think they are supposed to put there.

You could almost think of this as a first pass for this new personal interaction. Maybe, in some number of years, we will see the manager and the player sitting in the office.

It's got to be better than a couple of text bubbles on a black background, hasn't it?