Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

...any feedbacks about ME? Still "delightful" reactions as beta? :D 

Hard to comment this early, but the player movements and animations feel a lot better. The engine seems a bit more balanced as well, not everything seems to go perfect as it did in beta. 

SI Staff.. an error with a database was brought to your attention 2 weeks ago and then i just downloaded the game and it is still not fixed... which means i cant do my save as i intended when the game was released on the 24th. I thought the the point of reporting stuff was so that it could be fixed for the main release however it is yet fixed..

I know the drill around a changelist but...

Any word on whether we should start a new save? I've got one from beta I'm enjoying but I know sometimes a new save is needed to fix certain things. Usually data issues which I'm not bothered about. But, is there anything known that I need to start a new save for?

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

SI Staff.. an error with a database was brought to your attention 2 weeks ago and then i just downloaded the game and it is still not fixed... which means i cant do my save as i intended when the game was released on the 24th. I thought the the point of reporting stuff was so that it could be fixed for the main release however it is yet fixed..

Im seeing things mate that i have reported and not one of them are fixed i give up reporting them now 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

5 games in and i notice my opponents are getting more clinical opportunities, not creating much but still making me nervous when they are on the counter, which normally is the case since i am playing Juventus, so to be expected.

Only negative i have encountered so far is my Amc playmaker is playing significantly worse, as before he was my highest rated outfield player, now he is pretty much non existent.

I will post more noticeable changes in the match engine as i progress through the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Fmfan00 said:

It may have missed data lock or if it was a problem with a competition there may have been other fixes prioritised at the time. Can you please report it in the relevant thread in the Bugs Forum - Football Manager 2021 Bugs Forum - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com) 

1 minute ago, Fmfan00 said:

Without knowing the details it is hard to comment.  There will be many issues reported and not all of them will make the data cut of- did you start a new save?

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Without knowing the details it is hard to comment.  There will be many issues reported and not all of them will make the data cut of- did you start a new save?

FrazT... Two people have logged it... Yes i have started a new save... even the person that does the database for the game said it is on SI to fix the concern which i again brought it to the attention in the thread prob like a few times other people said it was logged and still not fixed..

4 minutes ago, demodave said:

Anyone struggling to find the pre-game editor, I have found it appears after restarting Steam after updating the game

Go back to the game homepage/ start screen, you'll find it under the More dropdown 

Just now, Fmfan00 said:

FrazT... Two people have logged it... Yes i have started a new save... even the person that does the database for the game said it is on SI to fix the concern which i again brought it to the attention in the thread prob like a few times other people said it was logged and still not fixed..

OK- I can only then suggest that it is logged again.

5 minutes ago, Sud2002 said:

The game is currently unplayable for me, I can't select preferences from the start screen and when in the game, I can't close down certain pop up boxes.

By the way, I've managed to download the FM editor.

Can you try this to fix it? https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015206497-The-screen-appears-unusual-when-starting-the-game-and-or-I-m-unable-to-click-any-buttons-within-the-game#text

• Administrators

Whilst we made every effort to fix every single bug raised during the Early Access Beta released roughly two weeks before today, we know there are still issues raised by the community within the final game. As always we'll continue to work on these over the forthcoming months supporting the game to make it the most bug-free and enjoyable title ever. 

Bugs are fixed on a priority scale, taking into account workload for specific teams, the number of users likely to be affected by it (and how severely) and the complexity of any fix. 

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

sort it out (website) :) 

Thanks, appreciate the reply. I mean more about bugs that have been fixed. I'm not bothered about names and data. I leave that as it is.

I meant more that sometimes there are bugs that are fixed that need a new game starting. Otherwise if you carry on with the old one the bug remains. It's rare but it has happened in some past versions. I was just hoping someone could give me a nod and wink about whether there's anything major outside of data that requires a restart of a save rather than carrying in.

1 minute ago, Peljam said:

Thanks, appreciate the reply. I mean more about bugs that have been fixed. I'm not bothered about names and data. I leave that as it is.

I meant more that sometimes there are bugs that are fixed that need a new game starting. Otherwise if you carry on with the old one the bug remains. It's rare but it has happened in some past versions. I was just hoping someone could give me a nod and wink about whether there's anything major outside of data that requires a restart of a save rather than carrying in.

Bug fixes are always save game compatible- data changes need a new save

1 minute ago, isce2008 said:

I still don't have access to the 2 folders fm 2021 editor fm 2021 resourche archiver do you know what's going on steam?

You keep asking but this is not something that the community can help with- have you read the other suggestions in this thread to make sure that you are looking in the correct place?- otherwise, you will just need to be patient as it is a steam issue.

1 dakika önce, Redmundo said:

Out of interest - is anyone else waiting for the Editor to appear?

yes. i've already deleted my beta save and need to change silly foreign rule of turkish leagues to start a new game... after many restarts of steam, it's still not visible...  

1 minute ago, Redmundo said:

Out of interest - is anyone else waiting for the Editor to appear?

There are some but also many others have reported it being available and many of the users commenting earlier in the thread have not reported back again

• Administrators

Anyone still without the pre-game editor - where did you buy your game from?

It has been released and should be there, but we did have an instance once whereby certain keys from a certain region didn't have the editor unlocked - if we can narrow this down we may be able to find a cause for this.

Either that, or it's just being slow to populate through Steam, which does sometimes happen when it's very busy as it is now. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

It has been released and should be there, but we did have an instance once whereby certain keys from a certain region didn't have the editor unlocked - if we can narrow this down we may be able to find a cause for this.

Either that, or it's just being slow to populate through Steam, which does sometimes happen when it's very busy as it is now. 

I have purchased the game via Steam, in Australia. Thanks for looking into it.

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

I got mine from steam and i am from London England 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Steam , Israel 

Edited by GOODNAME

Steam In the UK.

i've purchased the game from steam. my location is turkey. still there's not editor or ra. 

Just now, GOI said:

Hi guys, I just would like to know if there is any changes in the database. Is it possible?

So I can decide between a new game or keep the beta save going.

Hi, yes there have been database updates so you will need to start a new game if you want the latest data 

Several people including myself posted about the colour blind options in the UI fixes thread, and in the general feedback thread. This is what I posted at least

I have blue-yellow colour blindness, but I imagine some of these problems are also for red-green colour blind people. Here are just a few problems with the changes and colours.

• Unknown Star Ratings changing from black to white. I struggle with the difference between white and yellow, meaning I can't see whether a player is 5* or 3* with potential for 5*
  • Fitness Ratings, can't see when the heart changes from green to yellow? to red?
  • # against the purple background for example in social media sections with #AstonVilla #PRM
  • The red "DE" on the tactics page when you change a players position is basically camoflauge

It's sad to see none of this implemented. Miles wrote a few years back about colour blind options, but every time new features are added the colours used are difficult for colour blind people. Most modern games have a colourblind option nowadays, the fact that we can change attribute colours for example should mean we can change other colours. Hopefully someone makes a skin in the next few weeks that can solve a some of the problems.