Problems with getting re-hired

Greetings, I did search for this but couldn't find anything but I've recently been sacked on my FM save.

1st Season, was 4th in the Championship with Watford after 45 games...gutted especially after the result yesterday...but anyway. I've since applied for any possible jobs from Championship to League 2 but they all seem to state that they would prefer someone who has a record of escaping relegation...surely spending the season in the top 5 all season would be a sign that I managed to avoid relegation. Don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them.

I had the 3rd lowest goals conceded, only losing 8 games all season. I think it's more my frustration that a League 1 team don't want me for that reason when I've never had to battle relegation before. 

IRL there is something like that aswell, worse clubs prefer coaches who have experience *rebuilding* a club and not *maintaining* the class because they managed a clear top 5 club before. In fm i believe the the coaches reputation have some influence in it though