Roma 442/433 Tactical Help.

Hello guys, hope you are well. 

I am in the first season with Roma, predicted 6th and we are currently 2nd 17 games in as I type this thread out. (League Table Image Attached) 

However, I read a lot of threads regarding balance of roles and want to put my formations up for critique to see if you guys have any areas of improvement.

Forget about personnel, just a heavily rotated side in which I used the 433.

Looking at the roles and how I read it. 

Overlap from the LB as the IW (A) runs into the space in which the DLF leaves by dropping deep. CM (D) needs to be someone with good reading of the game to cover that flank. 

I have been experimenting with the right hand side roles, I started with CM (S) and WM (A) with a full back (s) however, I have found that we lack penetration through the centre and found we just cross the ball constantly and I want some diversity, we have used the BBM (S) but due to a lot Italian teams play 5 at the back with DMs and us having a lot of the ball, we still lacked penetration so I am using the Mezzala Support who will still give middle penetration but will drift wider and be more of a creative spark. I have kept WM (S) instead of a W (S) because of the hard coded PIs. BPD (S) to push forward in the space that the Mezzala will leave. 

In terms of instructions, I keep it simple. We have some good decision makers in the team, so I left it to standard in terms in possession so they can decide when to go short or play a tad more direct.

Higher defensive line & standard LOE for compactness.

I will attach the 443 aswell which are similar roles/rationale of thinking. 

What has happened?

Joint 2nd in Clean Sheets with 8 which is good, however we are 5th in terms of scoring goals which is 25 and Juventus have 52. So our problem is definitely scoring goals/creating better chances. IW (A) is the top scorer in the team with 8 goals and 2 assists in 17 games.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

league table.JPG

442.JPG

433.JPG

49 minutes ago, WHUBen said:

predicted 6th and we are currently 2nd 17 games in as I type this thread out. (League Table Image Attached) 

However, I read a lot of threads regarding balance of roles and want to put my formations up for critique to see if you guys have any areas of improvement

Your position on the table shows that you are overachieving, so the tactic obviously works. Therefore, if it ain't broken, do not fix it. If the tactic stops working, then come back for advice :thup: