When you have a young player on a youth contract of 30 pounds per week and you receive a loan offer for him, it is ridiculous that you will receive offers at say 50% of the wage - i.e 15 pounds per week.  Surely at that minimum level of wage it should either be all or nothing.

Cheers for that feedback - I agree on that note, but would it be okay for you to provide examples (names of players at the start of the game, for which their respective teams want 50% of the 30 Pound wages) or a savegame?

@Viktor Ilivanov  Thanks for the reply

Save game FrazT-Gers2(v02).fm uploaded to owncloud.

Check transfer offer from Aberdeen on 14/8/24 for 17 year old David Hughes, currently on a 30pound/week youth contract.  Offer was as a regular starter and offering wage contribution of 10pounds/week and a monthly fee of 15pounds.  There have been a number of similar other offers for youth players and it looks like the code is not recognising that the player is currently on the absolute minimum wage and is applying a % when in reality this would be interpreted as an insult by the receiving team

Sorry for not pointing it out earlier, but do you have a save from the start of a transfer window? We need to have this reproduced before the offer comes in, and that would be the best time to have a savegame from :)

On 22/04/2021 at 22:31, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Sorry for not pointing it out earlier, but do you have a save from the start of a transfer window? We need to have this reproduced before the offer comes in, and that would be the best time to have a savegame from :)

I am at the end of the summer transfer window and so saves from before it starts are long gone, I'm afraid.

I would, however, have thought that it would be easy to reproduce if you set all your minimum youth contract players to be available for loan and wait for offers.

• 1 month later...

On this topic of unrealistic loans, I have noticed that loans can be very cheap to maintain.

Even after the loanee signs a new contract with their parent club, typically, you can renew the loan at the same cost. I have done this at different levels (e.g. one loanee, I had on 10k/week from when he was an 18 yo -- and I was in Ligue 2 -- thru to when he was on 110k/week and elite -- and I was winning Ligue 1). Also, the parent club seems to be unusually willing to let their (possibly star) player continue on loan, even if they say they are considering the player for first team duties.