"This Save Game Could Not Be Loaded"

Hey folks,

Just come across an issue that seems to have nuked my saves. Basically, now when I try to load up my save it says "The save game could not be loaded." It's kind of annoying considering I'm 15 years into a Kidderminster Harriers save! If it was just that save game, no biggie, but I reloaded an earlier save and it worked, but now that's corrupt too and comes up with the same message (I loaded it, exited the save by going to the main menu, and then reloaded it and it didn't work). I have one more save that I am scared to life to touch because it might corrupt if I load that too. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as this is the very definition of a game breaking bug. In terms of details you've requested:

• Team managed: Kidderminster Harriers
  • Leagues loaded: 10 (all English, Spanish, French, German and Italian ones)
  • In-game date: April 2035
  • Steps to reproduce the issue if known: don't really want to nuke anymore saves, ha!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had exactly the same thing twice over the last 48 hours (playing on the Series X), had one save game that appears to still work but every time I play on from that position the game breaks around January 2029; same very careful steps followed - save the game, exit properly via the menu.  When returning to the game the saves - and the three iterations of that save - no longer load.

The original save still loads, but that is another days play behind and until I know I will be able to continue playing it I don’t want to touch it either, like WebbWebb.

Teams Managed: Hull City, Spain

Leagues Loaded: all divisions of England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina

In Game Date: January 2029

The save was created on version 1522687.

Other notes: I am using 3 file weekly rolling auto saves, and all three files are broken, not just the latest save.

(Slight aside: bit gutting it’s happened on the day the might Tigers got promoted, but hey ho!)

Edited by oliver.drew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having this exact same issue on the series x. I have one save file that works but every save after that no longer works. Scared to continue playing and lose the last working one. 

I have ten leagues loaded but I’m only in 2026. Anyone have any idea of what is causing this?

On 10/05/2021 at 11:34, Rob Heckman said:

Hi guys, sorry to hear about that! We are aware of this issue and are investigating it. Thanks.

Hey Rob, the new patch that dropped recently, has that fixed this issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates, SI? I know usually there's no more patches but I've lost my only save. I make a new save file every season, and that has 5 rolling autosaves every month.

SC Freiburg, 12ish leagues loaded. Season 2044/45. All save files from every season aren't loading.

• 1 month later...