Transfer Target

A little help please;

I'm trying to buy this kiddy;

1430028178_JuanMa.thumb.PNG.fac2715c63c3862b5cd73cde51676b99.PNG

He has a £13m minimum fee release clause, and everytime I activate it he says he doesn't want to negotiate as he wants my squad to be significantly improved before he would consider joining.

What would he accept as my squad being improved? Is that the general quality? The numbers? I've won the Swedish League 7 years running and often qualify out the champions League top of the group, getting my team 13th in the coefficient rankings for Europe, I could probably offer him £80k p/w, but I can't get to the point I can offer him a silly contract to get him!

Have you tried sucking up to him a bit? Add him as top transfer target, have a scout follow him, attend his matches in person (might be a bit hard if you don't have his league loaded, but international squad or European matches will work just as well) and then after a couple of games give him another shot. If you can improve his attitude towards you just a bit he might be willing to negotiate (probably with hefty demands though as he won't be that interested).

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

Have you tried sucking up to him a bit? Add him as top transfer target, have a scout follow him, attend his matches in person (might be a bit hard if you don't have his league loaded, but international squad or European matches will work just as well) and then after a couple of games give him another shot. If you can improve his attitude towards you just a bit he might be willing to negotiate (probably with hefty demands though as he won't be that interested).

I'll have a go, although I've already been told in my scouting update to stop scouting him as he is not a realistic target.

Ironically, my assistant manager has organised a friendly against his team! It's a shame I can't have a word after the game. If we smash them he might see my teams pretty good...

Oh, well I beat them 3-0 (he wasn't playing as he is playing in the Asian Nations Cup), but I gave it a day or two after the game and put in another offer and now he doesn't want to enter talks because "he is currently fully focused on the Asian Nations Cup and won't discuss his future until afterwards"

Possible progress!