Amateur contracts are plain broken once again

I've seen this discussed a few times once again and it's time for the anual "amateur contracts are broken".

So, problem here, unrealistic as **** transfers, mainly after the January window. Since the game doesn't check the salary a player would be willing to get, you can sign pretty much anyone for free. The problem here is when you can get players way above your league.

For instance, i've know that playing as an amateur team in Portugal (sometimes when a team gets promoted to the 3rd division it retained the status) or with an update absolutly breaks the game. And this happens with any other full amateur team.

So, what the reason? In the 4th 5th tier you can sign Porto/Benfica/Sporting rejects. After the January transfer windows, everyone seems to be willing to join, even if their reputation is far superior. This gets even sillier, since i've seen players like Mandzu, out of contract, signing for the 4th/5th tier on a free, with 0 wages. If the manager has a high enough reputation, then nothing prevents this players for just signing for random teams.

And, as I say, this happens a bit everywhere there are amateur teams. There should be a fix that prevented amatuer teams for signing everyone or, at least, they can't sign a person outside of the area they resided last played (since it's kinda unrealistic believing a player would change a country just to play in an amateur league).

This has started to make my save feel unplayable.

I started as an amateur club in England with a custom db, I signed very few players first season, keeping the faith in my new gens and got promoted first season.

Second season I started very well and my original striker and vice captain whose goals were key last season was on fire once again, then he left. With us now being a semi pro club and everyone on non contracts, thanks to the in game editor, needed because of another bug which I will raise shortly, an amateur club from a division below pinched him away.

This is only the first example, which I let go and pressed ahead thinking it was a one off, an anomaly, then it happened again in the second half of the season. Top of the league, 10 points clear everyone very happy in all dynamics. My CB, my captain, had lots of interest in him. Same thing happened again. I checked the club reps and mine was 10x higher and it is now starting to ruin my save. I'll deactivate the amateur league next year as I expect to be promoted and I am tempted to bring both players back because of just how unrealistic these transfers were.

EDIT: 9 players have left this season, 8 of those went down a level to amateur league. Im taking them all back end of the season.

Edited by aaronpassfield

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply but I have just come across this in my lower league save as well. 

Playing in the vanarama national league and an amateur team has just been promoted into the same league. I noticed in the season preview they are predicted to get promoted once again and had a little dig into their transfers to see what's what. Turns out they took 4 players who had been previously released by a championship side and by first glance these are league one/two quality players, well above their station. Their club reputation is on par with mine so sure why the players would be willing to take on amateur contracts at £0 per week to a newly promoted side. 

I'm not sure how I'm meant to compete year on year with these unrealistic transfers.