Getting Underage teams to compete in place of Senior Teams

A_Sober_Paddy

So i am setting up regional cups in the DB...

I have set up secondary divisions for each region, and then added the appropriate region to the competition, as with 19ish competitions it seemed the easiest way to go...as teams for each region compete across 6-7 levels of the pyramid 

1047309491_RegionalComp.png.860240df3137c65d7e6d021a9555f2c5.png

I'm looking to set it up, that if the teams primary division is Irish Premier Division, they use their U19 side instead of their Senior side...

I had a look at the EFL Trophy advance rules, but they don't seem relivant to me, as they are dragging teams from the same primary division

27 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

So i am setting up regional cups in the DB...

I have set up secondary divisions for each region, and then added the appropriate region to the competition, as with 19ish competitions it seemed the easiest way to go...as teams for each region compete across 6-7 levels of the pyramid 

1047309491_RegionalComp.png.860240df3137c65d7e6d021a9555f2c5.png

I'm looking to set it up, that if the teams primary division is Irish Premier Division, they use their U19 side instead of their Senior side...

I had a look at the EFL Trophy advance rules, but they don't seem relivant to me, as they are dragging teams from the same primary division

Or if my above request isn't workable...

Is there a way to stop senior teams from the Irish Premier Division using their regular players in the competition

You could manually their U19 squad in there, then Get All Teams From Division. Like that for example. If you don't want them to get promoted or something, you can always ban them from promotion or relegation.

editor_2021-04-13_17-21-16.thumb.png.8bd1d14d3154e7be574ceebfb078691c.png

If you only want the best reserves in the division, then don't do that and probably use "Get Best Teams From Division", team type is whatever you want (Reserves for example), and you input the number of these teams you want. You'd still ban them from promotion or relegation of course. This requires a lot more work however.

editor_2021-04-13_17-28-54.thumb.png.c8ebe7a2e2d94203aa50488f10bac0f4.png

Otherwise and regarding your second post, you can use fixture rules to prevent the use of over 19 players. For example there's that.

editor_2021-04-13_17-23-09.thumb.png.57b674c79ee96a2049690df9e93e2880.png

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

• 1 month later...

That won't work, because the i am using secondary divisions.

I'll illustrate it here

Example Competition:

Louth Championship

(All the teams below will have Louth County As their Secondary Division, but will also be in the nation structure too which has promotion/relegation)

Dundalk - Prem 

Drogheda - Prem

Dunboyne - Reg Prem

Parkvilla - Reg 1st

Duleek - Reg Jnr

Skrnne Tara - Reg Jnr

So from the above i want the teams that compete in the prem, to use their Underage squad in stead of there senior team, but i also want to make sure, that if Dunboyne get promoted to the Prem, that the they would then use their underage side instead of the senior side...

I'm trying to create a competition that would mirror the England FA County Cup structure...

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried this, but under "teams" in the cup, use "ignore teams" with the Premier Division, so that it will exclude them. Then list all the teams who participate, and select the option for a backup team as U19 (or "next highest team"). It should then resort to using the U19 team if the first team has been excluded

Edited by themodelcitizen