Is man marking being shown in 2D ?

Just recently started playing 21 version and saw option to man mark which I think it's great addition but when I was watching highlights my CB which was supposed to man mark wasn't doing so at all. He was always "away" from opposing team's lone striker. If anything my other CB (zonal) was closer to that striker. Are we supposed to see man marking in 2D or it's more "under the hood" option?

• SI Staff
On 10/04/2021 at 09:45, Invisible Witness said:

Just recently started playing 21 version and saw option to man mark which I think it's great addition but when I was watching highlights my CB which was supposed to man mark wasn't doing so at all. He was always "away" from opposing team's lone striker. If anything my other CB (zonal) was closer to that striker. Are we supposed to see man marking in 2D or it's more "under the hood" option?

If you're watching using the 'enhanced' 2d match then it should be possible - if its using the OME then it won't be as visible I'm afraid (it is operating but because the OME maps onto a 2d it doesn't display it as well).