Player Claims Promise Broken When it Wasn't

I don't want to be a moaner, but seriously, why the heck is this still a regular occurrence?  You promise a player something to keep them happy, you fulfil the promise, then they kick off because you didn't keep your promise.  And, to compound things, there's not even an option to call them out and say "Woah, hang on a minute - I did exactly what you asked me to." It's just so dang frustrating that this is still happening regularly after however many versions of the game since the issue was first raised.

Exhibit A: I promised Aurier I would strengthen our defence, I then signed first-team England international John Stones for £18.5 (now valued at £34m) but Aurier's not happy at my "failure to strengthen the first team squad at centre-back". 

image.thumb.png.3f85e664e4a9635ef241828275e6d908.png

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
On 05/06/2021 at 16:38, Matt_Ray said:

Real name fix and a data update.

Does this happen when starting a new game without any custom files?

6 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Does this happen when starting a new game without any custom files?

I can't say; the only time I play without at least a real name fix file is during beta.

• SI Staff
On 07/06/2021 at 15:34, Matt_Ray said:

I can't say; the only time I play without at least a real name fix file is during beta.

I would recommend trying if the issue happens with no custom files. If it still persists, please get back in touch

7 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

I would recommend trying if the issue happens with no custom files. If it still persists, please get back in touch

Sorry, but how would a custom file affecting only player attributes, etc. affect the game's ability to judge whether a promise has been fulfilled or not?

12 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

If you upload your save game (ideally before this happens), I am happy to take a look at it.

More details on how to upload here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support 

Thanks,
Luke

I have a save from shortly after the error occurred - uploaded as "Aurier Promise - After"

I've also gone back to an earlier save to see if I can recreate the bug (the promise in question was part of a contract offered that was accepted a couple of weeks before) - uploaded as "Aurier Promise - Before".  John Stones' transfer is set to be completed before Aurier accepts the contract, but historically I postponed it for a week so that it would fulfil the pending promise.

Not sure if it will be of any use but I do have another save where the same issue of a promise not getting flagged as completed happened - uploaded as Player Promise Bug.fm

In that save, two players are expecting an improvement to the club's coaching - it's got three days left to run for both of them and there's an item in the inbox (quite near the top I think) showing I've recently signed a highly-rated coach.  Various other staff have been on coaching courses since the promise was made but I'm not sure if any of them are recent enough to still be in the inbox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...