U21 Signings Limited Rule

So I'm not sure if it's a new thing because of Brexit or if I've just been lucky not to come up against it before, but apparently now in the UK you can only sign 6 U21 players per season?

Anyway, this has MASSIVELY derailed my save, which I had planned on being my final long-term one. I've already had 4 transfers fall through (and several more will happen in January) because I had never noticed this rule before, nor were there any warnings about it from my GM etc. Is there any way to fix this after already getting well into a save or am I just going to have to throw the entire save in the garbage because deals and scouting that have been 2-3 seasons in the making are getting cancelled?

I have no interest in continuing this save if I'm not going to be allowed by the rules to play the way I enjoy playing FM.

I think this is a real rule that will be implemented soon, at least I think I read it somewhere. And I don't think it's possible to remove in a current save. If anything I think it needs to be removed through some data update before the game is started.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Not SI's fault of course but this rule really sucks for playing FM in England, especially if your club doesn't have a ton of money.

Predicting this will be one of the rules most often removed with the pre-game database editor going forward.

Also, a suggestion/request for SI about this going forward: If this happens it would be nice to at least have the option to choose which of the transfers gets cancelled as I had eight of them on the same day. Seems to have just chosen 2 of the 8 at random.