Help needed with my BVB team

11 minutes ago, Hilly1979 said:

Another thread started about getting wingers to work? This is getting silly now.... read through your previous threads, you’ve already had plenty of advice on this.........

But still you have the need to put up a comment🙄. I’ve been told to put up my tactic. And I did. 

I had a very successful 1st season with BVB playing a similar tactic than yours, with some exceptions in terms of player roles and team instructions. My approach was slightly more direct, to benefit from Haland and to minimize the lack of technical skills and vision of Can and Delaney. 

I played Meunier as FB(s) instead of WB(at), Reus as AM(at) instead or AP(s) and Sancho as IW(s) rather than IW(at), with Guerreiro overlapping. I think this setup fits better with their qualities.

Apart from that, I preferred Balance instead of Positive, balanced passing instead of shorter, and one notch back for LOE and DL (Zagadou and Hummels suffer in acceleration and agility, so it is not wise to make them defend that high).

In my game, Hazard played invariably bad. I had to sell him after the first season. Even Knauff (B-team) did a much better job as W(s) instead of him. 

11 minutes ago, voodoo_852008 said:

I had a very successful 1st season with BVB playing a similar tactic than yours, with some exceptions in terms of player roles and team instructions. My approach was slightly more direct, to benefit from Haland and to minimize the lack of technical skills and vision of Can and Delaney. 

I played Meunier as FB(s) instead of WB(at), Reus as AM(at) instead or AP(s) and Sancho as IW(s) rather than IW(at), with Guerreiro overlapping. I think this setup fits better with their qualities.

Apart from that, I preferred Balance instead of Positive, balanced passing instead of shorter, and one notch back for LOE and DL (Zagadou and Hummels suffer in acceleration and agility, so it is not wise to make them defend that high).

In my game, Hazard played invariably bad. I had to sell him after the first season. Even Knauff (B-team) did a much better job as W(s) instead of him. 

Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask how good was Sanchos ratings ?

2 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask how good was Sanchos ratings ?

Not excellent. Around 7, but I played the first season with the earlier versions of the game, so the ratings might not be comparable.

What surprises me are Haland and Guerreiro's rating. Haland consistently reaches above 7.5 in my game, and scores almost 1 goal per match in average. Guerreiro is a great creator and with you he has 0 assists. At some point in the season I played him as Inverted FB(s), with the BWM(de) and DLP(su) switched sides, so he could benefit from the gap in between the IW, AM and BWM. He did great, giving many assists and even scoring regularly. 

So, in summary: the stats of your players in general are very low, which means that the tactic has major flaws. Thus, I would not focus much on wingers, but on the general offensive setup.

2 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Dear all

I need your help to adjust my tactic. It isnt working. Especially my wingers perform sooo bad. Sancho has so bad ratings.
Do you have some advise that can help Sancho and Hazard to start performing better?

Borussia Dortmund_ Overview.png

Borussia Dortmund_ Players.png

Drop LOE. Why much higher LOE? Is there a rule that tells “top teams must play with much higher LOE”. How can speed merchant WFs use their pace with no space? Ask this to yourself.

You have nearly no penetration from CMs. BWMd and DLPs... Change LCM to a CMs/BBMs and your LB is way more aggressive, change his role to FBs. 

There is no roaming player in this tactic. Add roaming PI to Haaland to create more space for others. 

Drop GK’s risk taking to support. 

The reason why I can see your AMR and AML not performing well is because the tactic encourages your team to play through the middle.

The 2 playmakers in the centre are acting as ball magnets. As a result, your wide players are going to see the ball much less than they would otherwise especially since you are instructing your players to look for short passes.

If players you expect to attack aren't getting on the ball then how are they supposed to perform well? 

The solution therefore is to get the ball to them more regularly with them in space and let them do what they do best.

Good luck 

3 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Dear all

I need your help to adjust my tactic. It isnt working. Especially my wingers perform sooo bad. Sancho has so bad ratings.
Do you have some advise that can help Sancho and Hazard to start performing better?

Borussia Dortmund_ Overview.png

Borussia Dortmund_ Players.png

Like others have said, drop the two playmaker roles so that your wingers can have more of the ball and stop pressing high so that you can leave lots of space for your wingers to exploit. With the players you have at Dortmund (ageing back line, physical midfielders and young attacking players with plenty of pace), it will be more suited to play a counter attacking style and you might want to make changes for that.

I will also drop thorgan hazard from the starting line up as he does not have the quality to play on the wings since it will be much better to play reus there. The AM position can be occupied by reyna or bellingham two young players that can develop into world class players in that position. I will also not play a defensive midfielder in front of the BPD so that he can have more space to dribble the ball forward and make the right back more conservative which will suit meunier attributes more since he lacks pace.

3 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

I already warned you in your previous threads to stop opening new threads about the same topic/question and advised you to use the one that already exists instead.

The thread is now locked, as will be every next one you start about the same topic.