keeping costs low in LLM

Spend as little as possible and maximise your income. It sounds jokey, I know, but that's really it. Keep the wage as low as possible, let expensive players leave unless you think they can get you promoted within a short timeframe. Focus on cup runs, if they pay well. Sell anyone you can get a decent fee for, but remember to get a sell-on fee is possible, that can net you a lot of cash a few years down the line. Sometimes you can get high paying friendlies, or get big teams in to make money from that.

Oh, and the wage budget you get from the board is often too high to be sustainable, so I'd say try to keep at half if possible.

Try and get a half decent Senior Affiliate club who can loan you players for free to make up your subs/squad i.e rather than pay your sub left back £200p/w, have one 1st team left back and loan a second one for free.

When players only have 2 months left of their contract, go through the under 18's teams for all the big clubs in the prem. Look for players who are not on £500p/w+ and scout them. Some of them will be happy to join once their contract ends and you can pick up a few gems. I remember doing it on repeat for 4 seasons for a DLP. Buying for free, one good season, sell for £1m.

13 hours ago, Red Horizon said:

team reports arent showing who will join on loan on this version?

Still works fine for me, by far the easiest method of finding loans. Request Team Reports on teams from 2-3 tiers above and Scouts will send the list to your Scouting Centre. If you go any higher than that, teams are usually unwilling to loan their players due to the quality difference. It also helps to make a decent signing or two before asking for Team Reports, since the better your squad, the higher the quality of players you can attract on loan.

Never spend any money on compensation for staff.

Work the summer free transfers market extensively.

As above, get in as many quality players on loan from top clubs for no wages as possible (ideally I want players rated by my scouts as good for the division above, or leading for my division as possible).

Depends on how low is low of course, but I find allowing a league club to poach your part-timer for free rather than haggling for 1K and getting them to arrange a friendly useful. It can bring in c16K which can see me through a few months. But really, as in real life you'll lose money every year. In my current save  I'd been consistently losing money for 5 years but getting promotions regardless, and then finally I got a jammy run in the FA Cup, defeating non-league sides until I was drawn away to Everton. Put 6 past us but we banked 600K and are very nicely set up going forward.

10 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Still works fine for me, by far the easiest method of finding loans. Request Team Reports on teams from 2-3 tiers above and Scouts will send the list to your Scouting Centre. If you go any higher than that, teams are usually unwilling to loan their players due to the quality difference. It also helps to make a decent signing or two before asking for Team Reports, since the better your squad, the higher the quality of players you can attract on loan.

edit

sorted

Edited by Red Horizon

On 07/04/2021 at 05:05, danielclouston1 said:

A good way to bring in some income is by scheduling lots of home friendlies against bigger teams in the close season.

To expand on this, if a player is wanted by another club, there is unlikely to be a significant fee at the lowest levels, instead offer them out with an 'arrange friendly' option - then when you arrange that friendly you bank all gate receipts with no arrangement fee. 

Depending on the size of your stadium and the opposition you can make 10/20k a match