Erling Braut Haaland

Hello :) 

I am playing active more than 10 years FM and something like this never happened to me. To score 88 goals plus 12 goals for Norway is  truly amazing. I think after this I can't continue the save because I am feeling like a broke the game or something.

I feared only that he gets injured but luckily for me, he didnt. You can see that I am not using some exploit tactic, it is a usual setup for me. PI have only shoot more often and he scored some beautiful ranged goals.

He is the best FM player ever played for me. I had to share this with you :D

Borussia Dortmund_ Overview-3.png

Erling Haaland_ Career Stats-15.png

Man Utd v Borussia Dortmund_ Review.png

Borussia Dortmund v Liverpool_ Review.png

Borussia Dortmund v Hannover 96_ Review.png

What's his xG to goal ratio for you? Does he get an absurd number of chances or is he simply incredibly clinical? Honestly curious what makes Haaland so amazing, compared to for example Kane, a player people seem to seriously struggle with to get amazing numbers out of, even though he should be an amazing goal scorer as well.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

What in game editor are you using?

Why would he need to use an editor? Haaland in the game, if you set up your tactics so he's the one taking the vast majority of shots, is perfectly capable of those numbers of goals. He's been scoring between 45 and 55 goals a season for me in my Dortmund save every season.

52 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Why would he need to use an editor? Haaland in the game, if you set up your tactics so he's the one taking the vast majority of shots, is perfectly capable of those numbers of goals. He's been scoring between 45 and 55 goals a season for me in my Dortmund save every season.

Probably points to some sort of issue with the ME and attacking play as those numbers are completely unprecedented. 

13 minutes ago, DP said:

Probably points to some sort of issue with the ME and attacking play as those numbers are completely unprecedented

They are not, They have been being produced since the beta was released. Or do you mean real life?

1 hour ago, cris182 said:

They are not, They have been being produced since the beta was released. Or do you mean real life?

Sorry I mean in real life. There’s something off in the engine for that to be happening. 

Messi has set the world record for a goals in a single calendar year, with a grand total of 91, beating the previous all-time best set in 1972 by Germany and Bayern's Gert Müller, who got 85. The Argentinian got 79 goals for Barça and another 12 for his national team.

Not really that far off reality. 

3 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The Joke You GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, Welbeck19 said:

Messi has set the world record for a goals in a single calendar year, with a grand total of 91, beating the previous all-time best set in 1972 by Germany and Bayern's Gert Müller, who got 85. The Argentinian got 79 goals for Barça and another 12 for his national team.

Calendar year. Look at how many he scored over the games each season. 

On 06/04/2021 at 23:59, Freakiie said:

What's his xG to goal ratio for you? Does he get an absurd number of chances or is he simply incredibly clinical? Honestly curious what makes Haaland so amazing, compared to for example Kane, a player people seem to seriously struggle with to get amazing numbers out of, even though he should be an amazing goal scorer as well.

I cant find it, because I started a new save. But whenever a highlights is showing and Haaland is going on goal, he shoots and it is a goal. No matter on what side he is, he scores. Left or right foot, doesn't matter. 😂

On 07/04/2021 at 00:01, Tyburn said:

Pace is my guess.

Pace and long shot definitely.

On 07/04/2021 at 06:07, danielclouston1 said:

Haaland is an absolute beast in the game, along with Mbappe. If you end up playing with a super rich team, sign both and watch you dominate everything every season.

I will try but it will be hard. I signed though Odeegard. This will be funny haha.

8 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

What in game editor are you using?

Hello mate. Are you ready for beta 22? 😎

3 hours ago, Welbeck19 said:

He scored much more than 100 goals in calendae year.

16 hours ago, Bakiano said:

I cant find it, because I started a new save. But whenever a highlights is showing and Haaland is going on goal, he shoots and it is a goal. No matter on what side he is, he scores. Left or right foot, doesn't matter. 😂

Pace and long shot definitely.

I will try but it will be hard. I signed though Odeegard. This will be funny haha.

Hello mate. Are you ready for beta 22? 😎

He scored much more than 100 goals in calendae year.

Hi there fellow beta thread legend! Hope you're well mate. Got a while to wait yet before the beta is announced. Wonder how many posts this years thread will get

Yeah I mean, a regen wonderkid I signed for around 50 mil scored 11 goals in two matches. He didn't maintain that scoring form any longer than that (luckily, I would say, it wasn't even fun), but yeah, ME isn't perfect. My dude is extremely fast (19-19), 17 Finishing, and respectable Strength. He's kind of like Haaland but a bit worse.

By the way, I don't think this applies to simulated AI vs AI matches. In my save I'm 6 years in, Haaland was signed by PSG after the first season (they sold Mbappe) and grabbed a couple of Ballon d'Or along the way, but PSG is consistently struggling in UCL.

Just an idea, but maybe think of every single persons individual save as an alternate reality. There are millions of 'realities' being played out so numbers like this are possible. Yeah it's a lot, but unless it is happening consistently in the majority of games, it doesn't concern me too much. He is probably going to be the best player in the world at some point over the next 10 years, and it needs to be theoretically possible for someone to surpass Messi/Ronaldo's records. Just this time, it happened to you! Congrats!

I also think there has been an adjustment to reflect the ability of an individual player to score lots of goals. Ronaldo and Messi in their prime rarely scored the numbers of goals in game that they were getting IRL, so maybe this has been taken into account in the new ME. Combine that with the fact you have probably got very good at the game as a more experienced player and you are playing with a top team with the best player, and you could have a nice little venn diagram with ludicrous goals in the centre...

On 09/04/2021 at 10:42, bigmattb28 said:

Hi there fellow beta thread legend! Hope you're well mate. Got a while to wait yet before the beta is announced. Wonder how many posts this years thread will get

Beta you say?

Animated GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 03:16, DP said:

Calendar year. Look at how many he scored over the games each season. 

Messi best goal scoring season was 50 La Liga goals from 37 games played, and 73 in that same season in all comps from 60 games played. It's not as good as Haaland in OP's save of 51 goals in the Bundesliga in 28 games played and 88 goals in 46 games played in all comps, but there are two factors that make it a lot more comparable. One Messi did it in La Liga, which is and was the superior league, and two, Messi did it while not playing as an out and out striker (this was in the 2011/12 season). Try getting Messi's numbers playing as an inside forward or inside winger, and you will find those numbers not possible to come by in FM.

Arguably a player of similar talent playing as an out and out striker should be able to put up better scoring numbers, especially in a weaker league. Haaland isn't a similar talent to Messi, but his attributes for goal scoring as a pure striker are IMO something we maybe haven't seen since Brazilian Ronaldo, who might have put up similarly ridiculous numbers during his career but for injuries (Haaland is a far more natural goal scorer than Mpabbe IMO).

Edited by Dundalis

On 26/04/2021 at 18:10, Dundalis said:

Messi best goal scoring season was 50 La Liga goals from 37 games played, and 73 in that same season in all comps from 60 games played. It's not as good as Haaland in OP's save of 51 goals in the Bundesliga in 28 games played and 88 goals in 46 games played in all comps, but there are two factors that make it a lot more comparable. One Messi did it in La Liga, which is and was the superior league, and two, Messi did it while not playing as an out and out striker (this was in the 2011/12 season). Try getting Messi's numbers playing as an inside forward or inside winger, and you will find those numbers not possible to come by in FM.

Arguably a player of similar talent playing as an out and out striker should be able to put up better scoring numbers, especially in a weaker league. Haaland isn't a similar talent to Messi, but his attributes for goal scoring as a pure striker are IMO something we maybe haven't seen since Brazilian Ronaldo, who might have put up similarly ridiculous numbers during his career but for injuries (Haaland is a far more natural goal scorer than Mpabbe IMO).

I wouldn't say the German league is much weaker than the Spanish league if I am being honest. 

I would say Messi, playing for Barcelona back then when they were dominant, is easier than Haaland playing for Dortmund now when you consider they are definitely the dominant side in Germany.

8 hours ago, davehanson said:

I wouldn't say the German league is much weaker than the Spanish league if I am being honest. 

I would say Messi, playing for Barcelona back then when they were dominant, is easier than Haaland playing for Dortmund now when you consider they are definitely the dominant side in Germany.

Dominant?

image.png.761068161316ee8b770b933cf4fa139b.png