Jump to content

Hassenhuttl Chaos Tactic


Recommended Posts

Hello all.

Well, after a couple of failed incarnations and two-season's worth of testing on Fantasy Draft, I think I have created a tactic that is flexible enough for most leagues and levels of football without having to perform major surgery on any of your starting squads.

Firstly, I think it's worth mentioning that prior to refining this tactic to it's current form, I had already created a tactic which part-working but was not delivering the results required or expected. I took over Plymouth just as they were relegated to L2 and a little before the halfway point of the following season, was languishing in 14th place. I could see certain elements of the tactic working but it was still dysfunctional in many areas. I saved the game and decided one morning that 'this was it' - I would work on the tactic until it performed as I wanted to.

Being a Southampton fan, I do have a particular leaning towards the Hassenhuttl style (but not the 9-0 wallopings, obviously). However, I'm pretty sure alot of you will know that it is a gegenpress style of football similar to Klopp's at Liverpool - so that is what I decided I wanted to create.

This is hours of work. I actually watched Youtube analysis' of his tactics with the hope of creating a copy, a likeness within FM. I actually studied the tactic in progress during testing, watching all the games in a test fantasy draft league and refining and adapting it where necessary. It has a few quirks and kinks to it but one thing is for sure, it's truly effective. In game, this has been tested with Bognor Regis Town and Plymouth with excellent results. 

So, I present to you where I was as Plymouth prior to the tactic:

1106672594_finalstraw.thumb.jpg.c7d126b72ab84b0a4b45bbab292a2f29.jpg

It took a little time but the turnaround gathered pace...

holdon1.jpg.ecb8880aa4b231cfbf04f164ea91cbc1.jpg

holdon2.jpg.00c22ebf5aa83838437cf895f7b3c33e.jpg

 

None of those results though particularly stand out as wallopings though, I get that - but it was the turnaround that was astounding. From a seemingly hopeless place my hastily assembled squad on less than £24k a week stormed up the league and finished 2nd.

l2table.thumb.jpg.be99d8d6b9b9a565fbce4d270eb9d55d.jpg

So... after the tactic showing such early promise I decided to try and do it all again in League One. The team appeared to get more and more familar with the tactic, leading to this is a final table:

l1table.thumb.jpg.ae9785250f3ae8ed1fbd0d73c24e06da.jpg

 

With almost the same squad bar the exception of 3 solid if unspectacular loan signings and a media prediction of 24th we then cantered the Championship too...

chtable.thumb.jpg.8a240dfdbab5880ff71d5ff1af408907.jpg

And this is where we currently sit in the Premier League:

prem.thumb.jpg.53eecdb0f1fdf51e9d91ac138d703d8e.jpg

Now, granted, we took a couple of shellackings during the process but wow, it works in the top division too - even with Championship players. Most notably, I still have six players from my League 2 team as part of my squad, three of which still play regularly and perform admirably. Talking of shellackings...
shellacking.thumb.jpg.d76efddabb55cb1e5055566df91f9dd6.jpg
 

They were clear at the top of the league when we visited them and dished that out - and they are still the league leaders in my current game. 

I'd like to think that this is more than enough evidence that this tactic works though I suspect you'd like to know a little more about it!

Firstly, a couple of quirks regarding the tactic. Whilst trying to replicate Hassenhuttl's tactic, I also wanted to add more goals via set pieces. Alongside the testing of the tactic itself, I was also tweaking and testing a corner tactic which eventually lead to results like this from your left-sided centre-half:

 

1796591862_dishonstats.thumb.jpg.d4731500c2c70390c2175eaab07e62fa.jpg

fishstats.thumb.jpg.ba8a072eca4f3c02406b6ec739a34986.jpg

And this from your corner taker....
cooperstats.thumb.jpg.3db94a1cb06f1c3df6e5a7d293405352.jpg

... and he's come all the way from L2 to the PL with me - and he's nothing special, as you can see here:

cooperprofile.jpg.c2c8f2a6de6ce46e56dbb5c90964cde6.jpg

The key to the corner part of the tactic is your CB's, mainly the left-sided centre half who is the one attacking (not lurking. Irrespective, they're both positioned to be at the near post, with the corner taker aiming for the near post on delivery. The absolute key dynamic of this working is the 'Jumping Reach'. Anything with 15 and above and it should mean party time! See below...
 

 

fishprofile.jpg.1785392ba4155d4a9e267fdfd7bd5c96.jpg

 

dishonprofile.thumb.jpg.8f088fc778118199e9b8cdea4baab8ef.jpg

 

Anyway onto the 'game' tactic itself. I won't go into all the PI's and TI's 'reasons why', that'll be truly painstaking for you and for me (!) - however I am willing to answer questions on the tactic, time permitting of course.

Below, I've included a screenshout of my current team, the positions, roles/duties as well as the overrall team instructions. Within the tactic is player instructions also. For example, the WM's will sit narrower allowing for the overlap, the anchor man and CB's will always sit and hold their position, whilst the WB's will squeeze up alongside the WM's to aid the 'press'...

tacticandinstructions.jpg.bcfe1b4b6f9944ba7fbc4d3d602acc43.jpg

To cut a long story short whilst it is about your offensive players being a part of the 'press' and winning the ball as high up the pitch as possible, it's also about counter-attacking from the break down of opposition set-pieces for corners, free kicks etc. For example, this tactic will leave 3 players on the half-way line whilst the opposition has a corner. My reasoning for this is simple; more often than not, the corner is defended leaving an opportune moment to counter with players over in our favour (you'll see what I mean when you use this tactic). 

I could quite legitmately go into how I modelled it on the quart-season wonder Southampton side, how the 'anchor man' role was modelled on Romeu and the 'shadow striker' role on Che Adams. I could also go into the painful testing between Winger, Wide Midfielder and Inverted Winger in attempting to make the tactic more successful but not compromising the roles of the original players it's modelled on (Redmond, Djenpo, Walcott, Armstrong). BTW - I had to settle for a happy medium as Redmond, Djenpo and Walcott are most definitely not 'wide midfielders' by trade... more inside forwards or inverted wingers but the tactic bombs if it's tweaked that way...

There aren't really any pre-requisites to make this work (I've tested a few files now aside from the long-term saves of Plymouth and Bognor). The only key requirements I would say is the jumping reach for your CB's. I personally look for the following attributes in players: first touch, bravery, decision making, determination, teamwork and work rate. That's just something that I like and works for me but I don't think it is ultimately necessary for this tactic (though workrate and team work is advisable for the 'press' part of this tactic!)

195679280_teamfilter.thumb.jpg.87f72243cf6a10da54c50a1b11a28821.jpg

 

I do have a filter screen which helps me initially when deciding players I want to retain from a squad. I will upload this also :) Anyway, without further ado... the tactic will be included in my next post :)
 

 

 

Edited by Crab Lungs SFC
photo duplication
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

The main tactic below:

Hassenhuttl Home Chaos Tactic.fmf

In addition to the 'main tactic, I have also created a defensive tactic best employed with less than 5 minutes to go when it's a result that you need to defend:

Hassenhuttl Defend Tactic.fmf


And a 3 centre-back tactic which I employ to open up a side that defends quite narrow (it helps if your anchor man can drop into centre-half):


Hassenhuttl Away Overload.fmf

And finally the filter I use...

The Konyaspor Filter v4.fmf

Enjoy - would love to know feedback....

Edited by Crab Lungs SFC
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very promising so far. I'm almost considering starting a new save from what i've seen in the first 6 games

 

Edit: It made me start a new save, Hertha Berlin here we come :brock:

Edited by Sinbad7104
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give this go on my Northwich save. I'm in the Premier League in 2035, currently sat in 17th after 18 games, 3 points above the drop zone but after a good start we are struggling a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers guys, really appreciate the feedback. It’ll be good to know it’s not a flash in the pan tactic.

it’s worked for me, at differing levels (lowest being tier 7!) for several clubs now, and I’m hoping it works for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

First half of the season done has been kind. I have made a few tweaks though and the results picked up from then, this could be purely coincidental and my team 'clicked' at the same time but im putting it down to my tactical genius.

The CB's  went on CD (d), Fullbacks went on WB (s) and i changed 'Get stuck in' to 'Stay on feet' as i noticed my defenders kept diving in and giving away pens. All them changes came in from the Wolfsburg game and its served me well since. Slapping Bayern in the process.

On another note I found the Defend tactic invites far to much pressure on and i normally end up conceding.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying this. Cant wait to see what it does when I've actually  got players to really get the best out of it.

20210409122309_1.thumb.jpg.3a34afaf3d7e6f7f0d5ea22ff6098901.jpg 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re spot on with defend tactic. I think I’m going to adjust it and remove it until I’ve found the sweet spot with it. 
 

anything longer than 3 mins or so left in the game and you’re watching endless highlights of tho e opposition attacks! I’ll work on that this weekend.

glad you’re enjoying the tactic and tweaking it where necessary. Might give what you’ve done a shot myself and test it a little further.

glad you slayed bayern!

I noticed the Dortmund result.. when I got Plymouth promoted, 2 of my first 3 games were Man City and Liverpool away.. got pumped 7-3 and 6-1 (with sendings off for me in both).

I definitely think I need to find a tactic which manages the big teams away from home more effectively .. but there’s also something swashbuckling about just ‘having a go!’

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/04/2021 at 12:33, Sinbad7104 said:

First half of the season done has been kind. I have made a few tweaks though and the results picked up from then, this could be purely coincidental and my team 'clicked' at the same time but im putting it down to my tactical genius.

The CB's  went on CD (d), Fullbacks went on WB (s) and i changed 'Get stuck in' to 'Stay on feet' as i noticed my defenders kept diving in and giving away pens. All them changes came in from the Wolfsburg game and its served me well since. Slapping Bayern in the process.

On another note I found the Defend tactic invites far to much pressure on and i normally end up conceding.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying this. Cant wait to see what it does when I've actually  got players to really get the best out of it.

20210409122309_1.thumb.jpg.3a34afaf3d7e6f7f0d5ea22ff6098901.jpg 

First season completed and not bad at all. We exceeded expectations in the league grabbing champions league football and even managed to pick up a trophy.20210412005958_1.thumb.jpg.33804ada17f5cf28bc64d41dbdfc5d4d.jpg

 

2nd half of the seasons results.20210412010217_1.thumb.jpg.1a57aaca416555c11bf6b14c26af991a.jpg

 Player stats.

20210412010859_1.thumb.jpg.8fdac499993db1f405e5c5516396ce25.jpg

 Theres a fair few players in there with low work rate/team work which obviously isn't great for a pressing tactic. I suspect the player ratings would be stronger with the right players.

I did struggle getting any consistency out of the fullbacks though, Despite trying out different roles etc.

Team Stats

20210412005826_1.jpg.6640a8ebd54e328e8c38477dee19516e.jpg

 

I reckon that just about covers it. Roll on season 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to abandon this tactic as I didn't really have the players for it and we were getting sucked into a relegation battle so used a more standard 442 instead and survived comfortably.

I'm going to give it a go this season though. I've got players more suited to the roles especially in the SS position and have a long pre-season to test it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First 5 results of the season proper:

Bournemouth (A) 4-3 win

Watford (H) 3-2 win

Newcastle (H) 3-1 win

Sheffield United (LC -A) - 4-4 draw lost on penalties

Brighton (A) 5-3 loss

Scoring plenty but conceding plenty too!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I would give this a go as I am in the French League and I am in season 8 and for the last 5 years I have finished runners up to PSG. I just cant seem to catch them. Last season I beat them home and away too, but they just win every other bloody game it appears :)

I am Sete 34 and I have a very good squad now and a lot of cash due to a recent takeover. 

So I downloaded this tactic for this new season and so far its bloody amazing for me. Look at those early results. 

The last few games have been a bit tighter so I will use some alternative tactics every now and then

Screenshot (124).png

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nitro871 said:

Hi,

Is the striker is the main scorer in this tactic?

For me when I use this tactic my goals come from all areas, with a marked increase in goals from my CB in particular. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2021 at 13:52, Azrael said:

Do you use any OIs for this tactic?

I haven't set any and leave that to a coach or assistant with high tactical attributes.

 

MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who has used the tactic so far - I've got a couple of adjustments to the tactics that I've made (and additionally, a tactic for playing tougher teams but not completely defensive) that I will upload soon.

 

Obviously I've tested this tweaked version a bit more; first at Konyaspor (won the league!) then onto Galatasaray in season 2 (won the league) and again at Gala (2nd by 2 points in the third season). Both Gala seasons I was playing 4 of my youth team regularly and was on paper, weaker than many of my opposition. The tactic started off slowly at first but once they got the familiar we absolutely flew. You get the odd pasting if you go to toe-to-toe with big clubs (Man City 6-2 etc) but in general, it works.

I'd also wager at some point during the season, goals will dry up or alternatively, you'll start conceding alot. I don't know what it is and I can't seem to fix it - maybe a quirk with the game as teams do have patches of 'bad form' however good they are.

 

I'll repost the filter and the two new tweaked tactics soon - I am going to test in a couple more leagues and see what happens...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/04/2021 at 00:21, Sinbad7104 said:

First season completed and not bad at all. We exceeded expectations in the league grabbing champions league football and even managed to pick up a trophy.20210412005958_1.thumb.jpg.33804ada17f5cf28bc64d41dbdfc5d4d.jpg

 

2nd half of the seasons results.20210412010217_1.thumb.jpg.1a57aaca416555c11bf6b14c26af991a.jpg

 Player stats.

20210412010859_1.thumb.jpg.8fdac499993db1f405e5c5516396ce25.jpg

 Theres a fair few players in there with low work rate/team work which obviously isn't great for a pressing tactic. I suspect the player ratings would be stronger with the right players.

I did struggle getting any consistency out of the fullbacks though, Despite trying out different roles etc.

Team Stats

20210412005826_1.jpg.6640a8ebd54e328e8c38477dee19516e.jpg

 

I reckon that just about covers it. Roll on season 2

 

I take it that the tactic worked quite a bit better when you eased off how aggressive it was as I think you mentioned that there was too many red and yellows? I haven't ever had too many reds but my god, you do walk a tightrope with the tactic as it does seem to have you accrue too many yellows.

 

How did you get on in season 2? :-o

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/04/2021 at 09:38, Womaz said:

I thought I would give this a go as I am in the French League and I am in season 8 and for the last 5 years I have finished runners up to PSG. I just cant seem to catch them. Last season I beat them home and away too, but they just win every other bloody game it appears :)

I am Sete 34 and I have a very good squad now and a lot of cash due to a recent takeover. 

So I downloaded this tactic for this new season and so far its bloody amazing for me. Look at those early results. 

The last few games have been a bit tighter so I will use some alternative tactics every now and then

Screenshot (124).png

Bloody hell, some right thumpings dished out there! Are you having any issues with yellow and red cards? It's something I'm going to look at that was raised on thread earlier and I concur, it probably needs some work.

How did you get on v PSG, assuming you've played them by now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/04/2021 at 11:29, Gonzorelli said:

First 5 results of the season proper:

Bournemouth (A) 4-3 win

Watford (H) 3-2 win

Newcastle (H) 3-1 win

Sheffield United (LC -A) - 4-4 draw lost on penalties

Brighton (A) 5-3 loss

Scoring plenty but conceding plenty too!

 

Welcome to the Hassenhuttl tactic! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for a system that I can play with my RB Leipzig side that better encapsulates the "Red Bull way" when it comes to football. Only one game but it was a spirited 3-2 win against Dortmund with 2 excellent counter attacking goals, so I'm certainly intrigued as to what I can do with it. But it seems like a decent system you've built

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Crab Lungs SFC said:

Hi all

thanks for all the feedback..

I have  an updated version to upload tonight, tested over various leagues, clubs with varying degrees of difficulty, all a success bar one.

More to follow :-)

Hi, 

 

I have never come across this tactic until it was at the top of the list this morning, it is very interesting!

 

I have become a bit lazy with FM21 lately, starting a new game every week, not really happy with any tactics I am using, or create.... This may just peak my interest again and maybe one last Hurrah before the new game comes out 😀😀

 

I await your update 👍🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mjcr3529 said:

Hi, 

 

I have never come across this tactic until it was at the top of the list this morning, it is very interesting!

 

I have become a bit lazy with FM21 lately, starting a new game every week, not really happy with any tactics I am using, or create.... This may just peak my interest again and maybe one last Hurrah before the new game comes out 😀😀

 

I await your update 👍🏼

Hello and thank you!

 

Please do give the tactic a try - hopefully a few the people on here will testify it's a pretty decent one. I legitimately created from watching YT videos of training, slow-mos and demonstrations of how a real life tactic worked - was arduous, but worth it.

 

Anyway, the revised version will be up after this post :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Crab Lungs SFC said:

Hello and thank you!

 

Please do give the tactic a try - hopefully a few the people on here will testify it's a pretty decent one. I legitimately created from watching YT videos of training, slow-mos and demonstrations of how a real life tactic worked - was arduous, but worth it.

 

Anyway, the revised version will be up after this post :)

Thanks, I am just about to fire up a new game and use this tactic.

 

I will keep you updated on any progress and hopefully people will jump on board, do you have any tips on the best way to use this tactic?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mjcr3529 said:

Thanks, I am just about to fire up a new game and use this tactic.

 

I will keep you updated on any progress and hopefully people will jump on board, do you have any tips on the best way to use this tactic?

None in particular - it's fairly plug and play with the exception of the CB's - I'd get ones with decent jumping reach and heading for the corners (you'll see when your CBs start scoring 10+ goals a season!)

I personally look for players with high work rate, teamwork, first touch and determination. That's my pre-requistites with depending on the postion 3-4 others (for example, with a forward I'd go composure, finishing, anticipation and pace...

Let me know how you get on!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have my own training regimes, filters for players, assignment structures etc, as well as set particular responsibilities for certain staff, but I've not noticed the only any larger particular uptick in the actual performances of players in any of my saves. The only small percentage increase/improvements I've seen is wiith the individual training - training the players in your squad to fulfil the roles of the tactic. That has made it slighlty more robust. It's still as good as ever though, as far as I can see. I just won the Portuguese league with Vit. Guimaraes in the debut season with both CB's scoring over 10 and notable wins over all of the big three. Oh, and I won the Allianz Cup. This with no player significant incomings for the first team. :)

I'm currently working on a 3-3-3-1 complete tactic (standard one, defensive one and one with inverted wingbacks) which so far has proven solid and quite entertaining to watch. It's a little more particular and precise when it comes to recruitment to get it to work but it is quite entertaining to watch some of the play come to fruition through the match engine!

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Crab Lungs SFC said:

None in particular - it's fairly plug and play with the exception of the CB's - I'd get ones with decent jumping reach and heading for the corners (you'll see when your CBs start scoring 10+ goals a season!)

I personally look for players with high work rate, teamwork, first touch and determination. That's my pre-requistites with depending on the postion 3-4 others (for example, with a forward I'd go composure, finishing, anticipation and pace...

Let me know how you get on!!

Morning, 

 

Started a new game with my beloved Bolton Wanderers, not made any signings as the squad is far too big at the moment, and also the fact that we have no money haha!

 

First friendly got battered by Slavia Prague 4-0, and then in the second friendly against Ipswich we lost 2-0 in what was a more evenly matched encounter.

 

I have decided to use the OI I picked up from a Ryan Cassidy tactic on Omega Luke's Discord, I am not sure if this is causing issues so I will take them off for the next match, and see if that helps anymore with the tactic.

 

I also appreciate the tactic is in its infancy with the new team, so as the team get more used to it performances will improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update***

After the Pre season games above, we played Doncaster in the first round of the League Cup, we took a 1-0 lead but then my Central defender got sent off and they managed to turn round the result.

image.png.907bfa43759da79a9ee86a40349f12c7.png

 What followed was not expected at all...

11 Games unbeaten, 9 wins and 2 draws up to my first defeat, in which my squad was heavily rotated.

3 wins, 3 draws and another defeat made up the next 7 games.

 

image.png.f0e20472935084d16a3cb7458bd83ea3.png

 

December followed in what is a notoriously busy month, but no problem for this BWFC team 😀😀

 

9 wins on the bounce, scoring 21 goals, and conceding only 3 goals.

image.png.bef3cdcbf68274cd3d8b3e0dea9afa3d.png

 

Safe to say we are comfortably top of the league (Below)

The only thing I did from my earlier post was to hire an assistant manager that had good tactical knowledge, and asked him to take care of the OI....Crazy??

image.thumb.png.5ab009a996200c92a0edf4d2076e606d.png

Long may this continue!!

image.png

image.png

Edited by mjcr3529
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...