How would I go about adding a previously extinct nation into UEFA competitions and International competitions

Frednerd

Im currently in the middle of creating a custom nation database. However, I’ve tried using San Marino as the base for the new nation and I have encountered issues with the second nationality being hardcoded and ruining the name pool (as my nation is Scandinavian).

Due to this, I’m exploring other ways to create the nation and was wondering how feasible is it to re-add an extinct nation ((pre-1922) Ireland in this case) back into UCL/UEL and Nations League/Euros/World Cup and then use it as the base for my new nation.

Also, if anyone can suggest a different European nation (not Gibraltar) that doesn’t have crazy second nationality hardcoded into the game that I could use to base my nation on that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Based on my past experience, some of it is doable, other bits are not.

European club competition is the easiest, the game just works this out itself, it just adds another country with a coefficient of 0 and 1 place in the Europa conference. As you move in the ranking you can gain the extra places as expected, and the lowest ranked county ends up with one spot.

World cup qualification also sorts its self out, it takes the best 55 nations from Europe, so if you add a new country, as long as you aren't the worst in Europe it will take part.

The Nations League can be edited to add the additional team, League D can be increased from 7 to 8 teams fairly easily. (Well easy is depending on how well you know the editor)

But as for the Euros you are out of luck, the Qualifiers are hard-coded, so its a rebuild job, which breaks all of the above.

Interesting the under 21 Euros will accept a new nation just fine, but the under 19s won't.

All hit and miss in affraid, I resorted to the standard go-to method of replacing Gibralter.

There is a guide somewhere on here showing how to extract the competitions to be edited.

Edit. Found it

Edited by nasaiain

22 hours ago, nasaiain said:

Based on my past experience, some of it is doable, other bits are not.

European club competition is the easiest, the game just works this out itself, it just adds another country with a coefficient of 0 and 1 place in the Europa conference. As you move in the ranking you can gain the extra places as expected, and the lowest ranked county ends up with one spot.

World cup qualification also sorts its self out, it takes the best 55 nations from Europe, so if you add a new country, as long as you aren't the worst in Europe it will take part.

The Nations League can be edited to add the additional team, League D can be increased from 7 to 8 teams fairly easily. (Well easy is depending on how well you know the editor)

But as for the Euros you are out of luck, the Qualifiers are hard-coded, so its a rebuild job, which breaks all of the above.

Interesting the under 21 Euros will accept a new nation just fine, but the under 19s won't.

All hit and miss in affraid, I resorted to the standard go-to method of replacing Gibralter.

There is a guide somewhere on here showing how to extract the competitions to be edited.

Edit. Found it

What’s the second nationality situation like with Gibraltarian newgens? I don’t wanna end up with loads of Spanish names even after I’ve added loads of my own names to change the name pool.

On 07/04/2021 at 16:52, Frednerd said:

What’s the second nationality situation like with Gibraltarian newgens? I don’t wanna end up with loads of Spanish names even after I’ve added loads of my own names to change the name pool.

Ive just run a quick 5 year test, the majority of the Newgens coming through have British names, there are a few Spanish ones included but not that many

Looking at the Data base of under 18 players

Total number with Custom Nationality - 3079

Total number with second nationality - 233 (7.5%)

Total second nationalities

Colombian - 2

Danish - 2

Egyptian - 4

English - 134 (57.5%)

French - 2

German - 4

Irish - 6

Moroccan - 26 (11.1%) Interesting

Polish - 3

Scottish - 4

Spanish - 22 (9.4%)

Swedish - 3

Welsh - 11

I will run this much longer and see what happens

Edited by nasaiain

25 years in and this is the situation

Total players from Custom Nation - 9348

Number with second nationality - 595 (6.3%)

Break down as follows

Australia - 2

Basque - 2

Belgium - 1

Canada - 1

Colombia - 5

Czech Republic - 1

Denmark - 3

Egypt - 9

England - 361 (60.7%)

France - 5

Germany - 4

Ireland - 11

Israel - 1

Mali - 1

Martinique - 1

Morocco -  80 (13.4%)

Paraguay - 1

Poland - 7

Portugal - 1

Qatar - 1

Scotland - 7

Spain - 63 (10.6%)

Sweden - 8

Turkey - 2

USA - 1

Uzbekistan - 1

Wales - 15

So in summary, only a small proportion of players in Gibralter get second nationalitys, the majority of which are English, suplimented by other Scotland Wales and Ireland (no N. Ireland though). Spain does get a large portion, but is lagging behind Morocco. So between these 2, its 25% of 6% of 10,000 players, a small numbers

On 10/04/2021 at 18:20, nasaiain said:

25 years in and this is the situation

Total players from Custom Nation - 9348

Number with second nationality - 595 (6.3%)

Break down as follows

Australia - 2

Basque - 2

Belgium - 1

Canada - 1

Colombia - 5

Czech Republic - 1

Denmark - 3

Egypt - 9

England - 361 (60.7%)

France - 5

Germany - 4

Ireland - 11

Israel - 1

Mali - 1

Martinique - 1

Morocco -  80 (13.4%)

Paraguay - 1

Poland - 7

Portugal - 1

Qatar - 1

Scotland - 7

Spain - 63 (10.6%)

Sweden - 8

Turkey - 2

USA - 1

Uzbekistan - 1

Wales - 15

So in summary, only a small proportion of players in Gibralter get second nationalitys, the majority of which are English, suplimented by other Scotland Wales and Ireland (no N. Ireland though). Spain does get a large portion, but is lagging behind Morocco. So between these 2, its 25% of 6% of 10,000 players, a small numbers

Thanks for this, I think ill use Gibraltar then because those percentages are much more feasible than the ridiculous number of italians in san marino

8 hours ago, nasaiain said:

Digging into this a bit more, I have fine one issue, that may or may not be a problem

Even though I have deleted the city of Gibralter from my data base, about 50% of the regen are still being born there

Yeah this is an issue I’d found for San Marino aswell but it’s a much easier fix for Gibraltar as you can edit the one city (in my case I made it the capital city of my custom nation) and it’s language then the name pool becomes much more useable for my nation

8 hours ago, Frednerd said:

Yeah this is an issue I’d found for San Marino aswell but it’s a much easier fix for Gibraltar as you can edit the one city (in my case I made it the capital city of my custom nation) and it’s language then the name pool becomes much more useable for my nation

That is exactly what I ended up doing.

I've also noticed that if you add key staff to the teams at the start these overwhelmingly have Spanish names