FMT21 - Chasing Legends

Muggert

Intro

After playing the Ultimate Football Manager challenge the last couple of weeks I've lost my motivation a bit and I'm going back to a Journeyman save. I've found that I enjoy europe more than oher countries, so it's an european journeyman with a twist. I have a bunch of goals I'd like to achieve hence the name.

The manager

Danilo Bandini. 28-year-old italian manager. Born in Chieri in the outskirts of Turin. A talented young footballer mostly due to his high football IQ.

Realising he would not make it as a pro he started managing instead.

After managing youth teams at Juventus the last 5 years, it was time to move on. Bandini sent out resumes to Serie C and D clubs but without luck.

It was time to seek glory in the less glamorous leagues and work his way to the top! From sunday league to best ever!

Goals

I've compiled a list of achievements that'll be fun to achieve. I'm not gonna go allin to achieve them if I'm in a good spot. But it'll motivate me when the game gets stale.

38 Achievements

41 Special achievements honoring real-life managers (Hence the title)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Leagues

I'll cycle through the leagues. I'll start with the lowest 8 leagues on the uefa country coeffecient list.

That's Iceland, Wales, Finland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Poland.

Add and remove in my own simple reputation system!

Spoiler

spacer.png

I'll holiday through the first wave of available jobs and start job-hunting!

Edited by Muggert

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1557448159_220px-FC_Petralka_crest.png.a70bf33af03ea85aee35952a73b0ee5a.png

FC Petržalka - Slovakian Druha Liga

The first stop on my journey will be in Slovakia. The club is currently battling relegation in the slovakian second tier.

It hasn't alway been like that. Back in the 80's they won the Chezhoslovakian chamspionship 2 times. More recently the club have won two championships and the double in 2008.

You might not notice cause at the time the club name was FC Artmedia Bratislava. They beat Celtic 5-0 at home on their way to a Champions League Group Stage.

The squad needs an overhaul. We're already over the wage budget and 13 of our 26 first squad players are loanees.

It's a challenge. But I feel a sense of pride being selected to ressurect this once proud club.

Edited by Muggert

N23SrLf.jpg

This is our current situation. I'm expected to fight against relegation bravely.

There's one day left in the transfer window and we're already over the limit wage wise.

We have a pretty decent squad but it's hopelessly unbalanced. I have no quality MC. I hope we'll be able to cope this season. Then start building for the future in the summer.

Edited by Muggert

A tough start

8gt7ETe.jpg

So.. This was gonna be a walk in the park.. Well.. After my first month of employment I realised this was gonan be much tougher than expected.

On the verge of an early exit I stuck in. Worked countless hours studyng and preparing and it paid off. Suddenly the team understood where I wanted to go and we turned our fortune.

rT9K9wf.jpg

We were safe! Now.. I need to rebuild this squad with no money and only half a team left :-)

2020/21 Season Review - FC Petržalka

After an abysmal start we turned it around and went undefeated the last 9 games of the campaign, comfortably beating relegation by 9 points.

The loan signing AMR Olejnik and our own AMC Gasparovic played a vital part of the tournaround.

Competitions

League: 10th - Cup: QF

Key players:

DC FarkasDMC - ObocnikAMC Gasparovic

Overview:

SquadCompetitions - Finances - Transfers

2021/22 Preview

Well... I need to totally revamp the squad. I have no money so I'll have to rely on loans.

In DMC Obrocnik we have a solid starting foundation to build around. The rest is pretty poor.

Midseason update:

We converted to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond in the offseason and it did not have the affect I wanted. We started off t´with 2 points in 5 games.

We rushed out and got AMR Kyziridis on a loan for the remainder of the season.

We reverted back to the 4-2-3-1 formation that was so succesful last season and it paid off.

If this continues we might have a chance to fight for promotion!

2u7bwGB.jpg

Promotion battle

With 3 games to go we're still in the hunt for a promotion spot. If not for a horrible loss to 13th placed Bardejov we would be number 2.

How would the standings have looked if we haven't tried the 4-4-2 narrow diamond to start the season. Well.. We'll never know.

I think I need to make the push this year.  In the summer we're loosing our star DMC playmaker Obrocnik. Might be a tough job without him.

We have league leaders Senica first. Then it's Zvolen and Liptovsky Mikulas from the bottom half. Let's get it going!

B7ge9VB.jpg

2021/22 Season Review - FC Petržalka

A very good season for the team. Predicted to finish 10th we rose to 5th and stayed there most of the season.

DMC Obrocnik has been fantastic and is in the running to become player of the year. Unfortunately we loose him in the summer.

New signing Umeh is a classic Target Man. I'm a sucker for those!

Competitions

League: 5th - Cup: 2nd Rnd

Key players:

DC FarkasDMC - ObrocnikST Umeh

Overview:

2022/23 Preview

Farkas and Obrocnik are both gone in the summer. They've been instrumental to our succes the pas couple of seasons.

I'm hoping to spread out the cash on a few more players and hope it's enough to challenge for promotion.

DL Ferencak and AMR Pancik has been signed so far.

The crucial challenge is to find a replacement for Obrocnik though.

2022/23 Season Review - FC Petržalka

Another good season by the squad. A solid 4th after staying at 4th place for most of the season.

The loss of Obrocnik was less of a problem than expected. In the second half of the season we signed MC Rogina to take his place and he was fine in the position.

We had a great run in the cup and beat Fortuna Liga Zlate Moravce, before getting knocked out by Zilina in the quarterfinal.

Competitions

League: 4th - Cup: QF

Key players:

DC FarkasMC HronecST Umeh

Overview:

2022/23 Preview

This is the season. I want up this season.

Our wage budget just went from 5K to 8K a week and we have bunch of youngsters coming through.

DC Farkas are retiring and besides him we only loose our AMR Pancik. AMR Kyziridis who was here a season ago has returned. He was a fan hit last time out.

Let's get it on!

Youth development

nhmZIrI.jpg

Youth development will be key to our future. We have a bunch of great players coming through. A couple already have had their breakthrough on the first team.

DC Kuciak and MC Kovac was regulars towards the end of the last season. ST Lukac and AMR Bugala will be used in rotation.

The future looks bright. Here's a look at Marian Kovac. He's gonna be a star someday

12A8bGg.jpg

Edited by Muggert

Making a name for myself

After a couple of job offers from Druha Liga clubs I'm offered the first job in Fortuna Liga.

Podbrezova offers me a contract. They offer me a lower wage than I have currently.

The wage budget is slightly above ours and despite having Roland Galcik I decide to turn them down.

I believe I'd have a hard time escaping relegation.

Halfway there!

We're sitting at the top of the table during the winterbreak. We had some distance to second but a number of injuries destroyed that.

The youngsters we have are only gonna get better.

Hopefully this is our year!

ovkqnvl.jpg

Midseason slump!

5 games to go. We have had some horrible losses against Poprad and Slovan Bratislava B.

We're really struggling against teams that are parking the bus.

zXIeklF.jpg

We are still in control, but it's gonna be tough. We have Ruzomberok at home which could see us overtake them in the standings.

'Unfortunately' we have a bunch of games against lesser sides. And we are horrible against those teams.

Let's hope we have what it takes!

Bbh5v01.jpg

Promotion battle

After both we and Ruzomberok lost our next game. We hosted our matchup in the 26th round.

The spectators got their moneys worth. 

GavPsut.jpg

6 goals in the first 22 minutes. That's crazy.

And it simply went on and on. After being 3-1 up and 5-3 down we went into the half all square.

Or so we believed. in the stoppage time of the first half ST Umeh scored his 4th goal of the game and we were up 6-5.

5HecwLy.jpg

We held on in the second half and won the crucial game!

Pff1efw.jpg

Achievement reached

With that result we achieved the first two achievement on the list.

The Marcelo Bielsa match special - Win a game while conceding 4 or more goals! 

The Oleg Salenko player special - Have a player score 5 goals in a game

Edited by Muggert

Are we there yet?

FInal game of the season. It's us or Ruzomberok. We're currently in 2nd.

Both teams have tried their best to throw away the promotion. We are away to 8th placed Zvolen. Ruzomberok plays away against Bardejov who are in 10th.

ZT2Dri6.jpg

We awaited the result from Bardejov.....

7bhm4zS.jpg

We fall short once again... And this time we only have ourselves to thank.

2023/24 Season Review - FC Petržalka

We had it in the bag and threw it all away in the final part of the season.

We were struggling against team parking the bus and choked because of it.

Competitions

League: 3rd - Cup: 3rd Rnd

Key players:

DR KryeziuMC KovacAMC Lesko

Overview:

2024/25 Preview

Alright... Last chance. I'll resign if we don't achieve promotion this year.

I hope I'll be able to keep Kovac. There's interest from several clubs, but he's not gonna be cheap!

I'll use the summer to create a new offensive tactic.

14 hours ago, Muggert said:

Achievement reached

With that result we achieved the first two achievement on the list.

The Marcelo Bielsa match special - Win a game while conceding 4 or more goals! 

The Oleg Salenko player special - Have a player score 5 goals in a game

That was some first half of football! Everyone there (except you of course) probably needed the second half to recover from the first.

13 hours ago, Muggert said:

And this time we only have ourselves to thank.

Thank? Better than blame I guess.

13 hours ago, Muggert said:

I'll use the summer to create a new offensive tactic.

Does this unlock another achievement :brock: :D

Lets see what the next season brings!

@Sonic Youth ourselves to thank is a bad translation of my local language 😊

I don’t know what happened to the Arsene Wenger special which is in an unbeaten league season. I had it in my shortlist and thought I put it in. I’ll add it when I have the chance.

Thanks for the comments. Nice to see people following my thread 😊

WInter break

We had a horrible start. Some new signings weren't gelling but suddenly things started working.

After struggling midtable for most of the season we gained 19 points in the final 8 games and suddenly we're in the hunt once again.

IyoAeEh.jpg

Let's hope the young guns have nerves of steel!

2024/25 Season Review - FC Petržalka

Heartbreak.. Once again we came so close but ended up falling short.

We simply had too long spells without results. I'm in awe as to how I managed to bottle it up with the material I had this year.

A shock exit in the cup made us focus on the league, but we didn't deliver.

Competitions

League: 4th - Cup: 1st Rnd

Key players:

DR KryeziuMC KovacAMR Bugala

Overview:

2025/26 Preview

So what to do. I told you guys last offseason that this year was my final year if I didn't get the promotion.

I'm entering the final year of my contract and I'm considering my options.

Can I keep the young core together? I have so many young players coming through I want to give it one more shot.

However... If I didn't earn promotion with the team the last couple of years, what will change?

I'll take a day to consider!

Decision time

After some days away from football I made a decision regarding my future.

The first 5 seasons of my have had it's share of ups and downs. And the downs hurt. Quite a bit.

For the first time in the 5 seasons we've regressed and finished only 4th.

My contract is expiring next year and I decide to honour my contract. However I'm not gonna extend before and if I'm promoted.

Should he stay or should he go?!

We're three games into the new season and we have 7 points.

Our young starlet Marian Kovac are still at the club. His contract is expiring at the end of the season.

This summer he rejected the biggest club in Slovakia, Slovan Bratislava. We accepted an offer for £200.000 and 50% profit on the next transfer.

I've lowered my demands to £150.000, a loan-back and 50% future fee.

I'm prepared to sacrifice the money from this transfer if we don't get 50% future fee or a loan back.

Should I stay or should I go?!

The chairman went over my head and sold Kovac to Trencin for 130.000

Once he accepted the offer I got 3 other offers for 200.000 and of course he chose Trencin.

Now the question is.. Should I play offended and leave? Well... I won't :-)

pg5MG1s.jpg

The agony continues

In a week we lost 5 starters to injuries. Nothing is going our way at the moment, but it might just be what we need. Becoming mentally strong enough to not crumble in the closing stages.

bbvLS2V.jpg

@rafaelbenitez Yeah... Let’s hope I eventually get some success 😂 ... That’s what I love about a journeyman save. The ups and downs of each stop.

I love the achievement of building a club like in dafuges or big euro. But in my opinion the experience as a journeyman is the most satisfying once you overcome the obstacles and start winning. If you overcome them 😂

Midseason update

After the first 18 games of the season I've concluded this is my final year at the club.

We're hopeslessly behind in the league but we're playing well in the cup.

We knocked out Fortuna Liga side Puchov in the 3rd Rnd and are up against a lower league team in the quarterfinal. We might go into the semis!

8lndofA.jpg

Edited by Muggert

Danilo Bandini quits Petrzalka

A fortnite before the start of the spring season Danilo Bandini hands in his resignation.

With little chance of promotion and an expiring contract Bandini considered his options. 

Petrzalka are now a stable force in the top-half of Druha Liga after being relegation contenders when he started.

Where will Bandini go from here?

09hh3UZ.jpg

SKF Sered - Slovakian Fortuna Liga

My new job will be in the top tier in Slovakia. Sered are currently sitting at 9th after 20 games.

In safe enough distance from relegation that I can start rebuilding the team right away.

Unfortunately there's only 3 days till the transfer window closes.

It's a short contract of 1½ years in case things don't work out.

I'm reunited with DL Kozlovsky who previously was loaned to Petrzalka.

Let's get it on!

Edited by Muggert

2025/26 Season Review - SKF Sered

Well I managed to climb a single spot with no additions to the squad.

We have a couple of important pieces. MC Espinar and AMR Jacko will be crucial to our future success.

Competitions

League: 9thth - Cup: N/A

Key players:

DR RusnakMC EspinarAMR Danek

Overview:

2026/27 Preview

Avoiding relegation is of course the most important part of the next season.

I'm gonna build around young players and sign players that will develop the next couple of seasons.

Let's get it on!

Edited by Muggert

Tough start

With no money left for transfers or wages we don't sign a single player.

Our attempts to offload the deadwood is unsuccesful and we're stuck with a bunch of old players in the reserves making too much.

Our start to the season was great. Wins against Danska Bystrica and Senica to start the season. But afte that. Things went downhill... Fast!

d1IIZJM.jpg

Midseason update:

We're safe in the league for now. We are very inconsistent. I'm looking forward to having money to spend to revamp the defense.

We're still in the cup and Zilina and Slovan Bratislava are the only top teams left. We might have shot here.

YOBWzPi.jpg

There's a new boss in town

E24JH3e.jpg

While the team is battling relegation some good news arive. A consortium buys the club and immediately clears the club's debt.

If we survive I might even get a wage budget to work with next season!

Crunch time

Final game of the season. The looser goes to the relegation playoff against number two in the Druha Liga

cactYXL.jpg

We dominate the game completely

gHYuyso.jpg

But without luck...

ECik9Go.jpg

Until AML Slebodnik pops up at the far post and heads the equaliser home.

He's had a horrible campaign and struggled once again this game.

4hBBtei.jpg

The Senica players collapses on the field. We're safe!

Let's see if I'm safe as well.

Edited by Muggert

2026/27 Season Review - SKF Sered

Well that was tough. I couldn't sign anyone. We couldn't find a tactic. We couldn't win.

Let's quickly forget about this and move on.

Competitions

League: 10th - Cup: QF

Key players:

GK Szaraz - DR RusnakDMC Lavrincik

Overview:

2027/28 Preview

My contract is up in a month and I haven't been offered a new one.

I doubt I will. I have a month to think about extending if they offer. I haven't had a good 1½ year here.

Time for a new adventure

It's time to try something new. I was offered a new contract with a wage hike.

I simply can't see myself succeeding here right now.

Let's hope someone will still take a punt on me.

9HrsmQI.jpg

MwUkJak.jpg

Valur - Icelandic Pepsi Max Deildin

An amazing opportunity arrived a couple of months after my contract expiry.

Valur from Icelandic capital Reykjavik call. They've won 28 championships. 6 of the last 10.

Their last campaign ended horribly as they ended up 10th in the 12-team league.

With a wage budget of £30K and a transfer kitty of 4,1 million pound I have every chance to prove myself.

Even though I go way down the reputation ladder league-wise, success in this league could jumpstart my career. 

Getting the party started

The first competetive matches for the team is the Lengjubikarinn A.

We go undefeated through the group and beat Fylkir in the semifinal.

We're one game away from my first trophy. I'm pretty excited.

We're playing a narrow 4-4-2 and ST Birgisson and MC Smarason has been pivotal to our success in the tournament.

5tJvTkq.jpg

UcemF3d.jpg

Let's go get number 1!

2028 Season Review - Valur

After going undefeated trough the Lengjubikarinn A we struggled to find consistency in the league.

We started off with 1 point in three games and an early cup exit.

We found small successes throughout the season, but once we though it turned we hit a bad streak again.

It was still better than last years 10th place!

Competitions

League: 5th - Cup: 3rd Rnd - Cup 2: Win!

Key players:

DC Vilhjalmsson - AMC HlynssonST Ploder

Overview:

2029 Preview

I think I found something at the end of the season and the late arrival of Hlynsson helped immensely.

With a little luck we might push for europe.

League changes

Cup win means +1 - I switch out Wales for Belarus

Lengjubikarinn A review

For the first time in 10 years a team retained the Lengjubikarinn. And this time it was us!

We played magnificently throughout the tournament, and beat number 1, 2 and 4th in the league last year.

Our 4-2-3-1 narrow makes Hlynsson and new signing ST Kristinsson shine.

iqosg9S.jpg

That's number 2!

Midway report

Halfway through the season. We're playing well. Very well.

31 points in 11 games and we have a gap at the top of the table. We're also in the cup semifinal.

With my luck we might not hold on to the lead, but we've been dominating in the first half of the season.

ml7fV9o.jpg

Icelandic cup special

The first big final of my career. We've won the small cup in Iceland. Now it's time for the big one. Bikarkeppni!

Our way to the final has been pretty convincing, although our opponnents have been pretty poor.

In the final Breidablik awaited....

EqAvcrQ.jpg

That's number 2! And we've qualified for Europe!