So many penalties, missed penalties and offside goals

At various stages I have had this. Normally an unhappy player causing squad harmony issues. Or new signings not gelling. Or a board takeover happening. Or bad morale. Or ...

I haven't got your problem.

Check your player's attributes, low concentration, composure or a too aggressive tactic can cause those issues.

Edited by Sharkn20

On 05/04/2021 at 07:42, flauta kicma said:

Is there chance for new update? This is not normal...

There are no plans known at the moment for another update for FM 21.  There were no major changes in any of the recent updates to change the frequency of the issues you mention.

• 3 months later...

Excessive missed penalties seem to have improved since April. Players still miss penalties - as IRL -, but it feels more realistic now. 

Also, in selecting the taker, consider not only penalty rating, but also finishing rating, and, as importantly, the emotional state.

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

consider not only penalty rating, but also finishing rating,

Finishing is irrelevant when taking penalties.

• 1 month later...

I couldt care less if it would be fair but the case is 95% of the time the AI scores from penalty. I only can score from penalty when its irrelevant for the results. When its matter, I usually miss. I could say 2 of 3 penalites are miss. Which is ridiculus. Ah, and ofc 90% of the offside goals also scored by me... The best when you lose because 1 offside goal and 1 missed penalty at min 93.

Edited by dave88