Yup I swear PSG are just so freaking broken in FM. 

Every goshdarn save they will have all the best players and for me always the same ones. I.E Haaland Havertz. 

And yeah if you won Serie A and Ucl then your rep is prolly near 10000 (max) so defo a bug. 

The thing is... even if you're managing the best team in the world, there will always be one or two players who think the grass is greener on the other side, or who will just want to pursue a new challenge. How else would you explain Cristiano Ronaldo signing for Juventus when he was at his peak and Real Madrid were dominating Europe?

I'm not saying this isn't a bug, by the way. I'm just saying there might be some method to the apparent madness.

I'm Atlético in 2032 and have just won La Liga for the second consecutive year and reached the semi final of the Champions League . My 37 yo back up goalkeeper's contract is about to expire and he won't sign a renewal contract because "he doesn't believe our squad is strong enough to play at a level matching his own ambitions."

UPDATE: a couple of clicks after I posted this comment he's decided to retire at the end of the season before he's forced to play at a lower level.

Edited by Hovis Dexter

2 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Donnarumma (I AC Milan by heart player), wants to play for a bigger club. First of all PSG is not a bigger club than Milan.
Second I have just won Seria A and Champions League. This is just ridicolous.

Nope. Still realistic:

Here's ONE starting point:   https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2021

Just winning the 1 league, and Champions league will not make up enough of a gap. Whilst I don't know how much it would jump, I can say that i've had personal experience of wining league\Champions league with Premier league teams (Spurs\Man UTD) and this STILL did not bump the teams to the max rep (It took another 3 seasons for that with Spurs, and even we have a higher coefficient!!!). The Premier league rep would also give a bigger bump that winning the Italian league.

PSG would also need to drop out of the Champions League at the group stage, and Europa league next round PLUS Not qaulify for Euro AT ALL in the league to even get close to having a reputation drop to help with that difference.

Also, they have a few players that already help boost their rep - Neymar being one, so unless you get better rep players (Ronaldo\Messi). Your not going to make up that much of a difference either.

Oh, and Wages.... PSG Pay silly money wages.

That's a few more things to overcome than just winning the League and Champions League......

1 hour ago, RealSmokePL said:

Yup I swear PSG are just so freaking broken in FM. 

Every goshdarn save they will have all the best players and for me always the same ones. I.E Haaland Havertz. 

And yeah if you won Serie A and Ucl then your rep is prolly near 10000 (max) so defo a bug. 

They're a high rep team, which is further boosted by a sugar daddy owner, paying some of the most absurd wages out there and with FM finances they easily get 200m transfer budget a year with no FFP worries. The only reason they're not as dominant as this in real life is that FFP has been kicking their ass, otherwise they'd do the same thing they're doing in FM.

Also, Milan's starting rep is hardly amazing (yeah I wonder why) and no, winning a CL won't instantly boost you to 10k rep (The highest rep club in the starting DB is "only" 9200 and it's not Bayern). So considering the low starting rep and a squad that can't compete with the absolute top clubs it's no surprise that PSG is still seen as a bigger club even if you win a CL. Sure as manager you'll look at it and go "I know I'll be repeating this the seasons to come because this is FM!", but the players just see a club that massively over performed, until you bolster the squad and repeat these performances. Don't forget that Milan's last proper title is a Serie A win from back in 2011, with Juventus winning every Serie A title since, even becoming the biggest club in Italy will take a while.

3 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Also, Milan's starting rep is hardly amazing (yeah I wonder why) and no, winning a CL won't instantly boost you to 10k rep

I know but it should bring you fairly close to that, especially since Milans starting rep is fairly high, and psg's is smthn like 8600-8800, so winning both the serie a and ucl should bring you in the mid 9000's

1 minute ago, RealSmokePL said:

I know but it should bring you fairly close to that, especially since Milans starting rep is fairly high, and psg's is smthn like 8600-8800, so winning both the serie a and ucl should bring you in the mid 9000's

I just told you that the highest rep club in the game is only at 9200 rep and yet one Serie A and CL win should make you by far the most reputable club in the world?

48 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

I just told you that the highest rep club in the game is only at 9200 rep and yet one Serie A and CL win should make you by far the most reputable club in the world?

Rep starts becoming much more flexible once you start a save

Currently 2 years in and man city won 1 ucl with a starting rep of 9000 have gone up to 9670 this is also without having the premier league loaded

Also you say 'By far' when I said mid 9000's which could be only a little bit more than Bayern starting off

Just checked and Milans rep is 8200 starting, so it's not impossible for them to get atleast to 9000+ rep if they win both serie a and ucl? Also the rep increase is higher the lower your current rep is so a club like milan would get more than just a 600 rep increase compared to a team like city

Another example in the same save Atlethico Madrid, starts off 8750 and with 1 ucl win went to 9576 (smthn like that)

So yeah it's very possible for his rep to be atleast 9000 at this point, while if PSG won nothing other than Ligue 1 and some other French cups considering the lower rep for french comps then their rep would still most likely be around 8800

Edited by RealSmokePL

Reputation builds slowly in FM, you wont be the most reputable team in the world by winning the serie A and CL, luckily!

A bug means something in the game is not as the devs expected, the fact that rep builds slowly giving players new problems after 5 consecutive promotions and the devs knows this is the way FM has always been means its obviously not a bug. If you did make AC Milan the biggest club in the world by winning 1 serie A and a CL, now THAT would be a bug.

I have to say I agree with @plcarlos. I don't believe this is unrealistic. Many players come to a point at which they want to move on to achieve something new, and PSG ARE a bigger club than Milan, regardless of whether you won the CL.

It's certainly not bugged.

Only way to settle this is to see REP through editor 😁

And sometimes, This is absurd "he doesn't believe our squad is strong enough to play at a level matching his own ambitions." - Interaction parts of the game is quite frustating. 

23 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Donnarumma (I AC Milan by heart player), wants to play for a bigger club. First of all PSG is not a bigger club than Milan.
Second I have just won Seria A and Champions League. This is just ridicolous.

what is the current rep rankings? Click on the globe icon and find the club rankings or wait for the inbox message after the season. AC Milan starts with a fairly low rep in game compared to other big clubs like PSG which have won multiple league titles and cup competitions and regular Champions League later stages appearance. As people have pointed out, winning Serie A and Champions League does not increase your rep too much as PSG will likely win league titles across multiple seasons and in game rep increases quite slowly.

The problem is not that a player says he wants to leave for PSG. I'd have no issue with that from a mercenary player. The problem is that the reason provided is to move to a "bigger club". Paris Saint Germain, are not, never have been, and never will be, a big club. They are an oil owned entity in a weak uncompetitive league. They just aren't, and no one genuinely believes they are. Neymar does not remotely believe they are close to as big a club as Barca. That's not the reason why he left (Apart from the money, he left because the management of Barca has been atrocious for a long while now, hence Messi wanting out).

It's literally all about the money. Which is a completely different thing. It's the same allure as what has attracted a few pretty good international class players to go play in China in their prime. That's NOT because those Chinese clubs are big clubs, and if China was closer to Europe, I'd bet we'd probably see a few world class level players going to play for some Chinese clubs too. That's what PSG is. Basically it should say the player wants to make big money playing for the oil rich French club in the farmers league that is Ligue 1 (it's not that bad but it's much worse than the other 4 big leagues). Not that they want to play for a bigger club. Otherwise make those Chinese clubs owned by super rich asian businessmen big reputation clubs too if it's all about the mercenary attraction.

Edited by Dundalis

3 minutes ago, Dundalis said:

The problem is not that a player says he wants to leave for PSG. I'd have no issue with that from a mercenary player. The problem is that the reason provided is to move to a "bigger club". Paris Saint Germain, are not, never have been, and never will be, a big club. They are an oil owned entity in a weak uncompetitive league. They just aren't, and no one genuinely believes they are. Neymar does not remotely believe they are close to as big a club as Barca. That's not the reason why he left (Apart from the money, he left because the management of Barca has been atrocious for a long while now, hence Messi wanting out).

It's literally all about the money. Which is a completely different thing. It's the same allure as what has attracted a few pretty good international class players to go play in China in their prime. That's NOT because those Chinese clubs are big clubs, and if China was closer to Europe, I'd bet we'd probably see a few world class level players going to play for some Chinese clubs too. That's what PSG is. Basically it should say the player wants to make big money playing for the oil rich French club in the farmers league that is Ligue 1 (it's not that bad but it's much worse than the other 4 big leagues). Not that they want to play for a bigger club. Otherwise make those Chinese clubs owned by super rich asian businessmen big reputation clubs too if it's all about the mercenary attraction.

All these are your opinion and not the opinion of the player in the FM game. Whether you like it or not PSG is a bigger club than AC Milan by rep rating in the alternative universe which is the FM save unless OP can prove that AC Milan has a higher rep rating than PSG in that particular FM save.

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

All these are your opinion and not the opinion of the player in the FM game. Whether you like it or not PSG is a bigger club than AC Milan by rep rating in the alternative universe which is the FM save unless OP can prove that AC Milan has a higher rep rating than PSG in that particular FM save.

PSG not being a big club is an opinion held by a hell of a lot more people than just me. You are missing the point. I'm not saying in FM it doesn't work like that. I'm sure it does. I'm saying if it does, for a game that is supposed to attempt to be realistic, it fails and so the OP's statement that it's a flaw in the game is correct.

Is Shanghai SIPG a bigger reputation club than Chelsea? No? Right, meaning in FM it would be impossible for Oscar playing for Chelsea to transfer to Shanghai SIPG in 2016. PSG is basically Shanghai SIPG but based in Europe. Kids don't grow up dreaming of playing for PSG unless they were born in Paris. That's not some outlandish opinion it's obvious to anyone with common sense. The game is trying to conflate enormously wealthy clubs for big clubs that players want to play for, for purposes of prestige and winning trophies. PSG has the former, but it literally has zero of the latter. So is FM in game reputation meant to represent wealth? Or prestige? If the former, Shanghai Port FC should be much higher reputation than a English Championship team like Middlesbrough, but it's less.

Edited by Dundalis

By todays standards PSG is a bigger club than ac milan in all aspects. Players dont care much for history, PSG an City are where they are because of sovereign state funds, but city still has the best training grounds in the world, competing/winning the title every year.

Players do leave bigger clubs in europe for china in the fm world as well, so your point on oscar is moot.

Hello, everyone and I appreciate your passion on the subject!

Reputation is based on a lot of factors, and there's a lot of good points raised in this thread by @Freakiie and @plcarlos (to name a few).

Football has always been this great because everyone has his own perspective :) But as far as bugs go, this has been something very carefully crafted in the game, therefore not a bug.

@Hovis Dexter I would think the issue in your save would be the message being wrong, but his reluctance valid - it just should be saying something in the lines of "wants a new challenge" or "is looking to retire". If you keep a save from around that point, feel free to upload it here: 

...so I can pass it on to the dev team.

Kind regards,

Vik

1 hour ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

@Hovis Dexter I would think the issue in your save would be the message being wrong, but his reluctance valid - it just should be saying something in the lines of "wants a new challenge" or "is looking to retire". If you keep a save from around that point, feel free to upload it here: 

...so I can pass it on to the dev team.

Kind regards,

Vik

@Viktor Ilivanov I agree with your assessment and should have posted this a bug previously

Files uploaded to Owncloud:

o DexterHovis_RetiringGoalkeeper.fm

o DexterHovis_RetiringGoalkeeper.png

Steps to Reproduce:

o Load save game

o Go to Squad>>Dominik Livakovic>>Contract>>Offer New Contract

o Agent will say “My client isn’t currently interested in entering into contract negotiations with your club. He doesn't believe our squad is strong enough to play at a level matching his own ambitions.”

o He retires a few days later