Shortest Managerial reign?

Brian Clough only lasted 44 at Leeds, Dave Bassett had 4 days at Crystal Palace, Marcelo Bielsa walked out at Lazio after only 3 days, so here is Ernesto Valverde lasting 1 day at Tottenham Hotspur, he left to take the Spain job

Capture.thumb.JPG.c2dd738df40bd12231b761e579d06736.JPG

Suppose it's better than Leroy Rosenior who lasted just 10 minutes at Torquay

Edited by stu9000

I remember one journeyman years ago where I was unemployed and set myself to go on holiday while applying for jobs while I had a bath. However I forgot to select the 'return from holiday when you have a job offer' option so I got back to find I was at a new club, but I had already been hired and fired by another club in the meantime (presumably for continuing to apply to other clubs). I wish I could remember which club is was and how long but it wouldn't have been longer than 2 months.

I did 27 days at a club in Argentina last year, I just wasn't feeling it and it was too much work to catch Boca/River so I left and ended up with the Santos job in Brazil a few months later and went on to win the Libertadores with them.

I once lasted 15 days at Drogheda United in Ireland and got sacked for declaring interest in another job when they were fighting relegation :rolleyes:

(P.S They then got relegated a month later. Serves them right!)

• 2 months later...