[Suggestion] Newgen PA (weaker nations)

Enzu225

I had a save in Football Manager 2019, where I had won the 2020 European Championship with Estonia (by saving and loading) and performed well in the 2022 World Cup and 2024 European Championship. However, most of the players at that time were retiring, with no quality players to replace them and the average Estonian Premier league level kept declining each year.

I suggest sigames increase the average Newgen potential ability in weaker nations, but make it harder for them to reach their full potential if training conditions are poor (meaning, once a player reaches a CA around 80-90 it would be almost impossible for them to develop if their club training facilities are 9/20 or the training staff only has 1-2 stars in each category), and make it harder for scouts to find high potential youths if their current ability is low (meaning that even if a player has a PA of 140, the scout will only rate the player with 3 stars if their CA is around 40-60, instead of the 5 stars they do), the scouts in FM are too good at finding hidden gems.

The 'good' players I managed to find (those with 4 and 5 star PA ratings) had a potential ability of around 80-90, in reality some youths could have had a decent PA of 120-140, but never reach their full potential due to staying in their club (low ambition or high loyalty).

Edited by Enzu225

Is that not the whole challenge though and being the most accurate? Nations, leagues and clubs will either increase or decrease in ability over time and that affects development of youngsters as is the same in real life. The way SI deal with newgens is that each Association has a Youth Rating which varies between 0-200 - the better it is the more frequent that a country produces "raw talent". However so many factors lead to the development of those youngsters or if they reach their potential. There is a reason why the average Newgen potential ability is low in weaker nations - that's because they are in a poor circumstance to develop those players too - and one thing you have to remember is that any nation can have a golden generation or world-class wonderkid. 

Yet again it is a bit rarer in smaller nations and the challenge that much greater because their is not the infrastructure, investment or reputation available to help develop the newgens. Again that is the way football works in real life, if you want to change it then either try your best to take over an Estonian club and develop the players or go to the editor and change the youth rating for a short cut. Or simply wait until your nation improves its standing (if it ever does) or wait for a golden generation.

20 hours ago, seabas3 said:

There is a reason why the average Newgen potential ability is low in weaker nations - that's because they are in a poor circumstance to develop those players too - and one thing you have to remember is that any nation can have a golden generation or world-class wonderkid. 

I doubt there will ever be a Estonian newgen with world-class potential. If there is, then the odds in the game are 1 in 1 000 000.

By 2024 you've not had enough time in game for any improvements begin filtering through but the game does, to an extent, allow for the uplifting of nations.

Arguably one of the bigger challenges you can take on in FM because you need to be in the league itself and also doing things that would encourage your domestic rivals to better themselves and be more competitive on the European stage too. If you've got 6-8 domestic teams with top training facilities and given decent accounts of themselves in Europe you'll find that the players will be produced at a higher level over time. But this is the kind of thing that could easily take 50+ years and again isn't guaranteed because you're relying on others in your league to move up in your wake. 

The biggest moment in the journey is pretty much when you get a 2nd CL group spot because that suddenly means so much more guaranteed money coming into the league every year.

On 05/04/2021 at 13:59, seabas3 said:

Yet again it is a bit rarer in smaller nations and the challenge that much greater because their is not the infrastructure, investment or reputation available to help develop the newgens. Again that is the way football works in real life

I kind of disagree with this. I think the chances are the best potential player of all time was born before football was codified, maybe they never even played the game, but their genetics and mentality were such that if they had played, they would be the best of all time. The most realistic way would be what OP suggested, but getting the balance right is very difficult.