How to Set Up Sub Division within Sub Divisions

A_Sober_Paddy

It is possible with setting the regional divisions. Promotion will always go well. Relegation is tricky as you won't always get the right amount of teams for the correct regional division. This can be fixed by allowing the competition to re-order the teams after each season.

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It is possible with setting the regional divisions. Promotion will always go well. Relegation is tricky as you won't always get the right amount of teams for the correct regional division. This can be fixed by allowing the competition to re-order the teams after each season.

How does one do that...as in reorder teams?

In Advanced Rules there is a checkbox that you can check at the regional divisional level. Need to check where it is exactly, but that one tells the game to re-order after the season. You will then get a message saying team this and that have been moved from division A to division B.

On 01/04/2021 at 15:11, A_Sober_Paddy said:

As the titles says, i'm looking to set up a structure that has sub divisions with sub divisions, illustrated below

Untitled.png.bcd22648b7136363ea168c70b9fed087.png

This type of pyramid happens in Poland so I can show you what I do to make it happen.

1. Create All divisions from your picture (remember that all multiple divisions must have a parent division like North/Central/South should have parent division called for example 2 league.

2  Set correct levels (National - 1, North/Central/South - 2, Northeast/Northwest -3, etc.)

3. When you create promotions/relegations - the key is to set promotions to CERTAIN divisions and relegations to PARENT DIVISION. Like you promote southwest winner to south but south relegated team to parent division that gathers all east/west teams like I've described in 1st point. 

4. To have this worked you should set 'flexible' league size (to avoid moving teams to incorrect divisions) and have put correct regional leagues under each team's menu (for the game to know how to move them when promoted/relegated)

In poland file and real life it works like this

1. You have II Liga (last central divisions) -> III Liga (4 parallel divisions each one has teams from 4 voivodeships) -> IV Liga (each division is each voivodeship)

2. I have II Liga as one division, III Liga as parent division and III Liga group 1/2/3/4 as child divisions (with III liga selected as parent division) and IV Liga as parent division and each 16 voivodeship regional division as child division.

3. Teams relegated from II Liga are set to be relegated to III Liga (rather than certain III liga group 1/2/3/4 because we don't know what region relegated teams belong to and should be relegated to.) But all II Liga teams have set in their team menu, their preferred III liga group (geographically of course, as in real life). So 4 teams relegated from II liga are distributed between these four divisions (or less of course, depends of what regions they are from). 

4. Teams promoted from III Liga have set II liga as division they are promoted to (you can set it on main III liga menu, you don't have to set it under each III liga group). Teams relegated from III Liga groups (16 teams), are relegated to their respective IV Liga voivodeship(s) the same method as mentioned above, with each team have preferred division set in team's menu. 

Yes, there's some inconsistency due to relegations being more 'fluid' (more teams are relegated if more teams from the same region is relegated from division above) and not changing league size as much but you can't replicate regional divisions in 100%, it's not possible. But it's certainly doable to create 80-90% realistic lower leagues with regional cups.

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

This type of pyramid happens in Poland so I can show you what I do to make it happen.

1. Create All divisions from your picture (remember that all multiple divisions must have a parent division like North/Central/South should have parent division called for example 2 league.

2  Set correct levels (National - 1, North/Central/South - 2, Northeast/Northwest -3, etc.)

3. When you create promotions/relegations - the key is to set promotions to CERTAIN divisions and relegations to PARENT DIVISION. Like you promote southwest winner to south but south relegated team to parent division that gathers all east/west teams like I've described in 1st point. 

4. To have this worked you should set 'flexible' league size (to avoid moving teams to incorrect divisions) and have put correct regional leagues under each team's menu (for the game to know how to move them when promoted/relegated)

In poland file and real life it works like this

1. You have II Liga (last central divisions) -> III Liga (4 parallel divisions each one has teams from 4 voivodeships) -> IV Liga (each division is each voivodeship)

2. I have II Liga as one division, III Liga as parent division and III Liga group 1/2/3/4 as child divisions (with III liga selected as parent division) and IV Liga as parent division and each 16 voivodeship regional division as child division.

3. Teams relegated from II Liga are set to be relegated to III Liga (rather than certain III liga group 1/2/3/4 because we don't know what region relegated teams belong to and should be relegated to.) But all II Liga teams have set in their team menu, their preferred III liga group (geographically of course, as in real life). So 4 teams relegated from II liga are distributed between these four divisions (or less of course, depends of what regions they are from). 

4. Teams promoted from III Liga have set II liga as division they are promoted to (you can set it on main III liga menu, you don't have to set it under each III liga group). Teams relegated from III Liga groups (16 teams), are relegated to their respective IV Liga voivodeship(s) the same method as mentioned above, with each team have preferred division set in team's menu. 

Yes, there's some inconsistency due to relegations being more 'fluid' (more teams are relegated if more teams from the same region is relegated from division above) and not changing league size as much but you can't replicate regional divisions in 100%, it's not possible. But it's certainly doable to create 80-90% realistic lower leagues with regional cups.

Can you set 2 regional divisions at the same competition level...for teams that would fit in ether of the divisions

7 hours ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Can you set 2 regional divisions at the same competition level...for teams that would fit in ether of the divisions

Yes, all teams on the same competition level should and could be set. You create one parent division and call this 3rd/4th level (or whatever you want) and you create regional divisions, connect them to parent division and then distribute teams accordingly.

6 hours ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

I'm trying to do the promotion via playoffs...

So i want the winners of the North West & North East to play off for promotion and Central West & Central East etc

But it seems to draw, winners randomly

This is tricky though, I know you can do it via fate actions but I've had a hard time with this so can't really explain what to do.

I haven't touched the adv rules yet...but the game has reorganised a few teams and it seems fairly realistic to what i would like...

Have done this my assigning a number of regional leagues to all teams that occupy the bordering areas between east west, North/Centrel & South

So some teams with have will have North East, North West, Central East & Central West...It seems to work automatically...It seems to have stopped teams from the south East, being moved 700 miles to the North West section

• 1 month later...

Ok i have used the Adv Edtr...

I am still getting strange teams being allocated into divisions...

I have used the regional division setting at club level, as well as the "reorganize child comp" setting...

SO in my file Lucan(from Dublin) get put into the south region, while a team from the south region(Mallow) was assigned to the Dublin region league, so straight away a simply swap of those two teams would fix that, but the game didn't do this...But clubs have cities set in the DB 

35 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Ok i have used the Adv Edtr...

I am still getting strange teams being allocated into divisions...

I have used the regional division setting at club level, as well as the "reorganize child comp" setting...

SO in my file Lucan(from Dublin) get put into the south region, while a team from the south region(Mallow) was assigned to the Dublin region league, so straight away a simply swap of those two teams would fix that, but the game didn't do this...But clubs have cities set in the DB 

I believe regional divisions are organized by stadium's city, not by club's city. So it's important to have all stadiums connected to all clubs and cities set to both clubs and stadiums. And of course, every club should have specific regional divisions set in their menu in editor.

• 2 weeks later...

I am back...so I am still having issues with this.

In the affected leagues all clubs have cities and stadium have correct cities.

It's sorting/reordering teams wrong..

I will use an English example, for a geographical point of view

It's like having a regionalized English league, but in the southern section you have Newcastle and in the northern section you have Birmingham. It makes more sense to have Birmingham in the south and Newcastle in the north in that scenario.