Max 6 foreign u21 players transfer limit in Premier league

I normally sign alot of promising youth players, where the transfers are to be completed years later.. but now most of them Get rejected because of this limit... I dont know where to check this and what period this «season» accounts for? This season I’ve signed only 1 player during this season (2nd of july 2024) per «transfer history» and had 6 signings lined up for 1st of january 2025, but all got cancelled due to this rule, now i have 5 more lined up for august 2025 but I’m afraid they’ll get cancelled too?

On 31/03/2021 at 00:56, kajander10 said:

I normally sign alot of promising youth players, where the transfers are to be completed years later.. but now most of them Get rejected because of this limit... I dont know where to check this and what period this «season» accounts for? This season I’ve signed only 1 player during this season (2nd of july 2024) per «transfer history» and had 6 signings lined up for 1st of january 2025, but all got cancelled due to this rule, now i have 5 more lined up for august 2025 but I’m afraid they’ll get cancelled too?

Is that a Brexit rule? Maybe check the Brexit rules page and see if it gives any more details about dates.  Normally the FM season would start on 1/7 till 30/6, I think

I've been hurt by this rule a lot in my save, in fact I could almost make a full eleven with youth players whose transfers fell through. I wish I had a good answer for your question, but sadly I have yet to crack the code on this particular issue. If I had to guess the season ends on June 30th so July 2nd is probably the next season, but still that would only cause one of your transfers to fall through and not all six.

In my own save, I recently signed a player in the offseason only for the deal to be canceled because of the six player limit. I figured that the season somehow hadn't technically ended so I re-did the transfer (it ended up costing more annoyingly enough) for the end of the season, but then when the transfer went through I saw that it had been arranged for a year from now. It is such a pain in the ass because I like to get my transfer business done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I'll figure it out eventually, but in the meantime, I am as careful as I can be. I avoid arranging transfers too far in advance because it is hard to keep track of and I don't really gamble on as many promising foreign youth players anymore. I don't want to take the risk of missing out on a truly excellent player because I signed someone who will spend the next four years out on loan in the lower leagues.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, FrazT said:

I am a Mod and not a developer but I would suspect that because the loan signing is contractual, that player would count

Ooops, apologies for tagging you, I assumed the mods had a direct line to the development team for stuff like this.

Thanks for your best guess, I think your probably right.

5 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Ooops, apologies for tagging you, I assumed the mods had a direct line to the development team for stuff like this.

We mods aren't hired by SI, we are just normal users who have been asked to help out around the forum. Most of us have been here for a while though, so we've picked up a few things along the way! :)

• 1 month later...