International youth teams raid senior rosters

lamp

Brief:  USA U23s announce roster prior to senior team selection and poach as much current senior USMNT talent as they can. This is the likes of Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie, Musah, Dest, etc. Subsequently I'm unable to restore them all to the senior national team.

If I notice right away [I didn't at first], I can restore a few of the players to the senior team. But once the U23 roster goes under 19 players, I can't. And of course, I can't manually or automatically add other players to the youth squads over which I have no control. Once a few more days pass, I can't move anyone at all because the youth rosters are already locked in. An unpleasant surprise, because the calendar would have suggested that it wasn't time to pay attention until the senior selection date.

It's a totally unplayable situation.

Detail: Think this happens in part because the game is frustratingly wedded to a calendar format. In 2021, USA U23s announce squad for Olympic Games North American Qualifying on March 13, followed by USA U20s squad announcement on March 15, followed by USA North American Nations League on March 17.

Really, the user experience should be that the relevant decision point which affects all rosters happens once, and the coach controls at least who is reserved for the senior squad and who is left in the pool for youth teams to pick up.

More to the point, it baffles me why the U23 coaches are allowed to pluck players out of the senior setup to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Funny enough I'm managing the US too and the exact same thing is happening to me. Very annoying as you cannot pick young players who you really want in the squad as they are just nabbed from under your nose because the underage teams pick their teams before the player can. This is a fatal flaw that makes the game unplayable, it's not like a small thing that can be looked past, this should not happen and needs to be fixed. Surprised an error this blatant wasn't detected before release. I can't proceed with my international career as it stands.

• SI Staff
On 29/05/2021 at 00:57, JM101 said:

Funny enough I'm managing the US too and the exact same thing is happening to me. Very annoying as you cannot pick young players who you really want in the squad as they are just nabbed from under your nose because the underage teams pick their teams before the player can. This is a fatal flaw that makes the game unplayable, it's not like a small thing that can be looked past, this should not happen and needs to be fixed. Surprised an error this blatant wasn't detected before release. I can't proceed with my international career as it stands.

Can you upload your save to us please?
Details here --> https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support