Imbalance: 3-4-3

Is there a tactical imbalance that is directly or indirectly affecting the poor performance of my attack?

We are creating good chances but we are not converting, while defensively I suffer with few but effective incursions by the opponent

image.png.74e1fa139dfc014834e61802a28b8b17.png

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

Is there a tactical imbalance that is directly or indirectly affecting the poor performance of my attack?

Insufficient penetration seems to be the main cause of your poor attacking performance (rather than any notable imbalance). In other words, your setup is relatively well-balanced but at the same time a bit too sterile attacking-wise. 

15 minutos atrás, Experienced Defender disse:

Insufficient penetration seems to be the main cause of your poor attacking performance (rather than any notable imbalance). In other words, your setup is relatively well-balanced but at the same time a bit too sterile attacking-wise. 

Even with very offensive individual mentalities? IF is usually participatory inside the box

7 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

We are creating good chances but we are not converting, while defensively I suffer with few but effective incursions by the opponent

image.png.74e1fa139dfc014834e61802a28b8b17.png

You can use a more risky role/duty in front of BWMs. Change RW to IFa with roaming or RMDa. Try it and see if it helps. 

You can drop team mentality to balanced to make your players more patient in offensive risk taking.

If you concede goals from your left too many, you can drop DLP’s mentality to DLPd. In addition to this maybe you can add more offensive support responsibility to LWBs with an attack duty.

The thing that stands out to me (basically adding to what zabyl is saying) is that all the defenders are on defend duty, the midfielders (including wingbacks and inside forwards) are all on support and the forward is on attack.  Perhaps consider more variation.  Like zabyl says, perhaps change 1 inside forward to attack, and the wingback (not on the same side as the attacking inside forward) also on attack.  Possibly also consider changing the centre mids to something more penetrative, like having the DLP on def to add defensive support, and the other midfielder on cm attack to get forward more.

9 minutes ago, Andros said:

The thing that stands out to me (basically adding to what zabyl is saying) is that all the defenders are on defend duty, the midfielders (including wingbacks and inside forwards) are all on support and the forward is on attack.  Perhaps consider more variation.  Like zabyl says, perhaps change 1 inside forward to attack, and the wingback (not on the same side as the attacking inside forward) also on attack.  Possibly also consider changing the centre mids to something more penetrative, like having the DLP on def to add defensive support, and the other midfielder on cm attack to get forward more.

I almost agree with a nuance. Using an attack duty is not a wise move for 1 CM in a 2 CM tactic. A support duty works better with attack & defence.

10 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Even with very offensive individual mentalities? IF is usually participatory inside the box

You complained about poor attacking performance and asked about potential reasons. I just answered what in my opinion could be a problem.

Btw, they may have "very offensive" individual mentalities, but there is still a difference in behavior between different duties (i.e. support vs. attack). 

Em 29/03/2021 em 06:55, Andros disse:

Sorry, I mean when you watch the game, do the changes give you a better attack?  basically, are you happy or still see a problem?

The team is much better with more players penetrating, I could even go up the lines to be more aggressive

I appreciate your contribution