[FM21] Around the Globe - Megapack by DaveTheEditor (6/6)

Just ran a test simulation with all the files from this megapack and noticed that the leagues in North America never change in reputation like the ones in Europe. I presume this is because of the Concacaf Continental Club Cups file. But doesn't this mean it's impossible to have a "building a nation" save in North America (for example making the Cuban league the best in the continent), since the qualification places to the Concacaf Champions League will remain static throughout the save? Or is this an attempt at reflecting real life (is the qualification places to the Champions League really static or do they change like in Europe?) 

Edit: The same thing seems to happen in Oceania

I appreciate the good work, this database genuinely looks incredible!

Edited by LeoFM

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately OFC Champions League still has wrong teams qualifying from some leagues, including New Zealand.

vdn2d0H.png

For example this is the list of teams in 2022/23 season in my save, but obviously other teams should qualify:

Spoiler

NZ:

4G4Bd3C.png

PNG:

SmHnWLN.png

Vanuatu (Fenua TP is a strange team, not playing in any domestic division but appearing in every CL season)

8Kkjzju.png

Samoa:

miV4ZAe.png

I also noticed that all leagues with these qualifying issues have championship playoffs, probably this could be the reason (though the continental places not always go to regular season winners as well). All regular leagues without playoffs (Fiji, Solomon Islands etc.) don't have this issue.

Edited by Koetzer

Has there been any thought to incorporating USL in the United States? I've found it very difficult to develop young American talent when there's no lower league available for them to get matches in. 

On 20/07/2021 at 17:37, Koetzer said:

Unfortunately OFC Champions League still has wrong teams qualifying from some leagues, including New Zealand.

vdn2d0H.png

For example this is the list of teams in 2022/23 season in my save, but obviously other teams should qualify:

Reveal hidden contents

NZ:

4G4Bd3C.png

PNG:

SmHnWLN.png

Vanuatu (Fenua TP is a strange team, not playing in any domestic division but appearing in every CL season)

8Kkjzju.png

Samoa:

miV4ZAe.png

I also noticed that all leagues with these qualifying issues have championship playoffs, probably this could be the reason (though the continental places not always go to regular season winners as well). All regular leagues without playoffs (Fiji, Solomon Islands etc.) don't have this issue.

Okay, actually I managed to fix it for myself using the default OFC rules (without Kiribati and Tuvalu), but had to move all leagues' schedules so they all are held within one calendar year. Then winners and runners-up qualify to CL in January, as it should be. And using the default rules enabled dynamic league reputation as well.

Am 20.7.2021 um 12:37 schrieb Koetzer:

vdn2d0H.png

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

NZ:

4G4Bd3C.png

PNG:

SmHnWLN.png

8Kkjzju.png

Samoa:

miV4ZAe.png

Error is well said here. You can't tie them in any better. The Champions League starts in January. Half of the leagues don't have a champion yet. There is nothing you can do. I have dated the start date so far back that, for example, Kiribati already has a champion.

In Oceania it is not always so. ;) There, some of the champions of the preliminary round qualify for the CL and not those of the playoff.

Hi, reporting one bug with Presidents Cup in UAE.

According to the rules, the Cup begins with a group stage where only the clubs of the first division are playing, two groups - like that. Two winners from the group stage then qualify to 1/8. Clubs from the highest league are starting to play from this stage. So in 1/8 there is 2 clubs from the first division + all 14 clubs from the highest division. But in my save all 11 clubs from the first division "qualified" to 1/8 for some reason and only 5 clubs from highest were playing in this stage. Here is the screenshot

Hi guys!

I really like the idea behind these league file compilation. However, I can't load all leagues otherwise the game doesn't start.

I tried to remove all the other editor data files I installed but the issue persists with all files put into editor data folder.

Does the editor data folder have a limit for loaded files?

If it may help, I'm running FM21 on Mac via Steam. I don't think it's a CPU problem because I use to load all leagues and play without any problem.

Let me know if someone else had this issue and how to solve it.

Thank you!

Hey, I noticed that Paraguay doesn't release any news articles for teams who won the Opening Stage or the Closing Stage. The previous managers isn't even recognized with league wins too, is this one of your bugs in the mods?

It occurred in other South American countries whose format is in closing/opening stages who are part of the editor data, not a vanilla version of FM21.

0b71d-63c01d6f-c640-4d92-af03-8a33beeceb20.png

0b71d-c76609e0-a0d9-4f48-8ca6-a48a4bb0a9b5.png

Edited by Rakuten06

On 25/07/2021 at 01:14, Daveincid said:

US lower leagues is not compatible down to my testing.

Cheers

Daveincid

Thx mate! Now I realized something else is happening. Basically I can't add any leagues from North-Central America, also really hard to remove leagues.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Elemke:

Thx mate! Now I realized something else is happening. Basically I can't add any leagues from North-Central America, also really hard to remove leagues.

In the end it's pretty simple: The whole megapack works fine if you don't use other league-files from other creators. Some might work but some will cause problems.

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

In the end it's pretty simple: The whole megapack works fine if you don't use other league-files from other creators. Some might work but some will cause problems.

Yeah, I figured. The only extra on top of the pr0 files I used was japanese league files since with Dave's or Riddle's japanese file I only got like 5 real players per team.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Elemke:

Yeah, I figured. The only extra on top of the pr0 files I used was japanese league files since with Dave's or Riddle's japanese file I only got like 5 real players per team.

As far as I remember with pr0's player-files you should have more players in Japan? (If you set it to playable). Otherwise you can "add players to playable teams". It's not that great I know, but better than grey players only

Am 29.7.2021 um 07:22 schrieb Rakuten06:

Hey, I noticed that Paraguay doesn't release any news articles for teams who won the Opening Stage or the Closing Stage. The previous managers isn't even recognized with league wins too, is this one of your bugs in the mods?

It occurred in other South American countries whose format is in closing/opening stages who are part of the editor data, not a vanilla version of FM21.

Spoiler

0b71d-63c01d6f-c640-4d92-af03-8a33beeceb20.png

Spoiler

0b71d-c76609e0-a0d9-4f48-8ca6-a48a4bb0a9b5.png

Phew, to be honest I have no idea. I'll see if I can "steal" any special settings from Colombia. But I don't know how to fix this "error".

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2021 at 22:23, LeoFM said:

Just ran a test simulation with all the files from this megapack and noticed that the leagues in North America never change in reputation like the ones in Europe. I presume this is because of the Concacaf Continental Club Cups file. But doesn't this mean it's impossible to have a "building a nation" save in North America (for example making the Cuban league the best in the continent), since the qualification places to the Concacaf Champions League will remain static throughout the save? Or is this an attempt at reflecting real life (is the qualification places to the Champions League really static or do they change like in Europe?) 

Edit: The same thing seems to happen in Oceania

I appreciate the good work, this database genuinely looks incredible!

I’m also very interested in this question! Can leagues in NA or Oceania increase in rep? Love the database but this would be the icing on the cake!! 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Arranjl:

I’m also very interested in this question! Can leagues in NA or Oceania increase in rep? Love the database but this would be the icing on the cake!! 

I'm pretty sure that it is down to real-life. There aren't dynamic criterias like in Europe with the 5-years-ranking. This doesn't mean you can't "build a nation". If you are successfull with a Club from Cuba, it's club-reputation will rize, no matter how weak the reputation of the league is, especially with the Continental Club Cups File.
Despite that, I personally don't think that the biggest club on a continent must play in the biggest league on that continent aswell. 

Cheers

Daveincid

2 hours ago, Daveincid said:

I'm pretty sure that it is down to real-life. There aren't dynamic criterias like in Europe with the 5-years-ranking. This doesn't mean you can't "build a nation". If you are successfull with a Club from Cuba, it's club-reputation will rize, no matter how weak the reputation of the league is, especially with the Continental Club Cups File.
Despite that, I personally don't think that the biggest club on a continent must play in the biggest league on that continent aswell. 

Cheers

Daveincid

Any chance of some nations such as Guam or Northern Mariana islands getting continental football? Eyeing up a save in Guam atm! 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Arranjl:

Any chance of some nations such as Guam or Northern Mariana islands getting continental football? Eyeing up a save in Guam atm! 

If they participate in real life then it should be included. I will check one of my saves when I'm at home

Just now, Daveincid said:

If they participate in real life then it should be included. I will check one of my saves when I'm at home

Nah they’re not included on the database but I can’t see why they wouldn’t be involved irl. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Arranjl:

Nah they’re not included on the database but I can’t see why they wouldn’t be involved irl. 

It's a difference if you can't see why they wouldn't be involved vs. they are 100% involved for sure. @davie77 should know more

7 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

It's a difference if you can't see why they wouldn't be involved vs. they are 100% involved for sure. @davie77 should know more

Had a look online. They are part of the AFC and the national team competes in the Qualifiers but I can't find any record of them competing in the Champions League. 

Edit: their Wiki page has them listed as competing in the AFC Cup. I see that they also had a team in the qualifiers for the 2017 version.

Edited by Arranjl

I'm trying to start from the bottom of the FIFA Rankings and the first league I want to play is the Anguilla league, the problem is that it just doesn't load the players. I mean, there are like 4-5 players in my team that I can use, but the other ones are just grey and I can't use them, they are like ghosts. How can I solve this? I loaded all players from Anguilla in the database before starting the game, of course. 

Edited by Rainroom

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Rainroom:

I'm trying to start from the bottom of the FIFA Rankings and the first league I want to play is the Anguilla league, the problem is that it just doesn't load the players. I mean, there are like 4-5 players in my team that I can use, but the other ones are just grey and I can't use them, they are like ghosts. How can I solve this? I loaded all players from Anguilla in the database before starting the game, of course. 

you need to select the option "add players to playable teams". There aren't enough real players in the database for Anguilla

2 minuti fa, Daveincid ha scritto:

you need to select the option "add players to playable teams". There aren't enough real players in the database for Anguilla

thank you so much, you just saved a summer vacation full of nerdy adventures

23 hours ago, Arranjl said:

What do you guys think of this? They must be eligible but may not always take up the opportunity? I’m not too sure. 

Ok guys I think I've figured it out! Was having a look at the AFC Cup in 2017 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_AFC_Cup). Guam are eligible to submit two teams to the competition but only chose to submit one. That club, Rovers FC, withdrew alongside their opponents in the qualifiers.

In recent years the FA has not submitted teams to the AFC despite being eligible. Other nations in the database have done similar including Afghanistan, Pakistan, DRK, Myanmar, Oman and the Philippines. 

To reflect realism, I would argue that teams from Guam should have the ability to enter the qualification stage as they did in 2017. I think it would make a great save lol.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Arranjl:

Ok guys I think I've figured it out! Was having a look at the AFC Cup in 2017 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_AFC_Cup). Guam are eligible to submit two teams to the competition but only chose to submit one. That club, Rovers FC, withdrew alongside their opponents in the qualifiers.

In recent years the FA has not submitted teams to the AFC despite being eligible. Other nations in the database have done similar including Afghanistan, Pakistan, DRK, Myanmar, Oman and the Philippines. 

To reflect realism, I would argue that teams from Guam should have the ability to enter the qualification stage as they did in 2017. I think it would make a great save lol.

If they didn't compete since 2017 and it's not confirmed that they will in 20/21 I'm 100% sure that @davie77 won't change it.

Just wanted to say, I am loving this pack and using it at the moment.

However, i would like to point out that NZ is wrong, due to the re-shake of NZ football the whole football system has changed completely.

With some old teams folding, others combing to make new ones etc.

I have attached a file explaining this.

Just thought i would give you the heads up about it.

You can also look at https://www.nzfootball.co.nz/COMPETITIONS/Football/National-League

and the federations pages for all the leagues and cups https://www.nzfootball.co.nz/ABOUT-US/Who-we-are/Our-Federations

NZ Football Pymarid.xlsx NZL leagues data.xlsx

2 hours ago, Arranjl said:

Do team from French territories (Tahiti etc) qualify for the Coupe de France in this database? 

Ooh, I can answer this: I've been playing a created wonderkids save in Reunion, and I did qualify them for the Coupe de France. Actually played a Tahitian team in the first round (even though I didn't have Tahiti loaded). I do recommend you also load in an expanded French database, just so you get those first couple rounds with "real" players. I had also loaded the databases for Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana (because some of the created players were from those territories.) 

ONLY real problem (which SI chose not to address after I brought up the bug): teams in the overseas territories are held to the Coupe de France restrictions requiring 8 French players in your Cup squad (even in those territories where no self-respecting French player will come and play, and players from these French territories are considered "Non-EU/foreign") So it's a real game-breaker, you have to set a game-day squad and holiday a day. Hopefully they'll fix that in FM 22. 

15 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

Ooh, I can answer this: I've been playing a created wonderkids save in Reunion, and I did qualify them for the Coupe de France. Actually played a Tahitian team in the first round (even though I didn't have Tahiti loaded). I do recommend you also load in an expanded French database, just so you get those first couple rounds with "real" players. I had also loaded the databases for Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana (because some of the created players were from those territories.) 

ONLY real problem (which SI chose not to address after I brought up the bug): teams in the overseas territories are held to the Coupe de France restrictions requiring 8 French players in your Cup squad (even in those territories where no self-respecting French player will come and play, and players from these French territories are considered "Non-EU/foreign") So it's a real game-breaker, you have to set a game-day squad and holiday a day. Hopefully they'll fix that in FM 22. 

Thanks for the heads up on that one mate! Really gutted about the Coupe De France, is there a work-around that could be implemented to the database to make an exception to this rule? I may jump into the editor and outright remove it tbh. 

13 minutes ago, Arranjl said:

Thanks for the heads up on that one mate! Really gutted about the Coupe De France, is there a work-around that could be implemented to the database to make an exception to this rule? I may jump into the editor and outright remove it tbh. 

I'm not well-versed in editing of nation/competition rules, but if they're not "hard-coded", maybe the rules for the Coupe de France could be amended to allow the overseas territories to be considered "EU eligible" in the pre-game editor. I just know that SI didn't have an recommendation/work-around, and by the time I discovered it, I was already a couple years into the save. 

Just now, podunkboy said:

I'm not well-versed in editing of nation/competition rules, but if they're not "hard-coded", maybe the rules for the Coupe de France could be amended to allow the overseas territories to be considered "EU eligible" in the pre-game editor. I just know that SI didn't have an recommendation/work-around, and by the time I discovered it, I was already a couple years into the save. 

I have no idea how to change it in the editor :( It says in the rules that "All nations in Oceania (Other than NZ)" are counted as EU yet its throwing up the same issue. 

Most of my players have French second-nationality which is even more frustrating.

Any advice on how to change the Coupe De France would be greatly appreciated guys!

3 minutes ago, Arranjl said:

Most of my players have French second-nationality which is even more frustrating.

Yeah, all the created players from the territories had 2nd-nationality French in the database, but it didn't make a difference, they all came up as foreign. The created players that had French nationality (who somehow were stranded in Reunion) all qualified for the Cup. 

1 minute ago, podunkboy said:

Yeah, all the created players from the territories had 2nd-nationality French in the database, but it didn't make a difference, they all came up as foreign. The created players that had French nationality (who somehow were stranded in Reunion) all qualified for the Cup. 

I have no doubt if I load the lower leagues of France then I'll be able to draft in a few free agents. Still a major pain tho. 

From what I can see it does indeed look hard-coded but I'm very much new to the editor!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everything looking good, this is my first time getting add-ons, but I have an issue with Venezuela, it says the file needs to be verified in the editor before using it, how do I do that?

PD: I tried a random file, Oman, and worked perfectly so it's not a general problem

I really appreciated your work, I'm not new in editing so I know how much work is there. 
However I am afraid to tell you that qualification for the Concacaf Champions League does not work. I winned two times the bahamian championship with the Western Warriors, but every time another team went into it. The last time it was the team fifth in the regular season. I could't do other than abandon this save.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/08/2021 at 20:55, podunkboy said:

Late to this party, but I might have a suggestion which if it works, only needs a minor data change (won't save your save though).

You could add Reunion, Tahiti, Guadeloupe, etc as non-foreign for France.

image.png.55f577efd58d4598e31acdd56f3ec1b0.png

On 26/09/2021 at 15:57, Wolf_pd said:

Late to this party, but I might have a suggestion which if it works, only needs a minor data change (won't save your save though).

Dang, that WOULD have probably saved the save. Well, if it's not fixed in FM 22, and I decide to play up another overseas territory, I'll use that, thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2021 at 21:06, podunkboy said:

Dang, that WOULD have probably saved the save. Well, if it's not fixed in FM 22, and I decide to play up another overseas territory, I'll use that, thanks. 

On 26/09/2021 at 21:57, Wolf_pd said:

I was certain that this would've fixed the problem but unfortunately all my Tahitian players are still classes as foreign. Really not sure what the alternative could be.

Again, I am very new to the editor so may have done it wrong lol

Looking at the rules, there is a regulation that says only 4 non-EU players allowed, which Tahiti, etc are not. So instead of non-foreign, the change could be made at Nations treated as EU. Because then it should handle the EU check properly. Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Looking at the rules, there is a regulation that says only 4 non-EU players allowed, which Tahiti, etc are not. So instead of non-foreign, the change could be made at Nations treated as EU. Because then it should handle the EU check properly. Hope this helps.

Tried that also with no success :(