[FM21] Around the Globe - Megapack by DaveTheEditor (6/6)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, davie77 said:

Not the Northern Mariana Islands, because they are not allowed to play. ^^ And neither is Yemen, because they play one league one year and then none for 5 years, it's like roulette for them. 

to be honest, with their civil war going on, I do not blame them. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb DWCallaghan:

@davie77 Not sure that makes sense as there are Honduran clubs in the Champs League, just not mine !!

"Besides the ten direct entrants of the CONCACAF Champions League, another 22 teams (1 from North America, 18 from Central America, and 3 from the Caribbean) qualified for the CONCACAF League, a tournament held from July to November prior to the CONCACAF Champions League. The top six teams of the CONCACAF League (champions, runners-up, both losing semi-finalists and two play-in round winners) qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_CONCACAF_Champions_League)

1 minute ago, davie77 said:

"Besides the ten direct entrants of the CONCACAF Champions League, another 22 teams (1 from North America, 18 from Central America, and 3 from the Caribbean) qualified for the CONCACAF League, a tournament held from July to November prior to the CONCACAF Champions League. The top six teams of the CONCACAF League (champions, runners-up, both losing semi-finalists and two play-in round winners) qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_CONCACAF_Champions_League)

I havent gone into CONCACAF League either though mate. Here is the season 2 Ch League , Marathon are in it . They didnt even come 2nd either times ChampsLeague.thumb.jpg.3510878b9a934459fe33961f565db5cd.jpg

@davie77

Playing through in Thailand and no problems yet!

Thanks very much for the work you have done, makes the game that much more enjoyable playing in these off nations.

I don't envy you when it comes to these continental competitions, must be extremely annoying to work with.

SI seem to hardcode alot of things to only work one way. MLS, you can't even add a new club for example. Not with a working Youth set up anyway.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb cabianca.alex:

Are the leagues with real format and rules?

No, absolutely not. I sat down for 45 hours to design a fantasy format for each country, just so I could screw with you....

vor 20 Stunden schrieb lucasrayken:

Any reason why Emirati clubs cant sign anyone but Emirati players?

Hm. Strange. I have not set any rules for foreigners (except that a maximum of 4 foreigners are allowed on the field at the same time). 

3 hours ago, davie77 said:

Hm. Strange. I have not set any rules for foreigners (except that a maximum of 4 foreigners are allowed on the field at the same time). 

Do you set 0 foreing goalkeapers? I saw that if you set 0 foreigner goalkeaper then game make this strange things.

On 06/04/2021 at 18:23, davie77 said:

Europe, South America, Asia and Africa are missing. What is even stranger is that he is filling up the slots with Mexican teams.

I think that Mexico will have the highest rep teams after Europe and South America are taking out.

Had a similar problem when setting up an 80s style Concacaf Champions Cup.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Kleyo:

Do you set 0 foreing goalkeapers? I saw that if you set 0 foreigner goalkeaper then game make this strange things.

Yes, I did set 0 foreign goalkeepers.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb DWCallaghan:

@davie77 can you give me the id for the CONCACAF Champions League ? hate playing with rubbish default logo's..

Screenshot_3.jpg.42d779dab55a079cf083a45d629ed6b5.jpg

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Wolf_pd:

I think that Mexico will have the highest rep teams after Europe and South America are taking out.

Had a similar problem when setting up an 80s style Concacaf Champions Cup.

Have you found any solution for this?

Hi @davie77

Am i correct that these files work together as long as you do not also load your concacaf league file?

Are you just activating all the leagues from countries that are in the base database but weren't playable from the start please?

Many Thanks

Dai

Am 10.4.2021 um 10:06 schrieb Dai35:

Hi @davie77

Am i correct that these files work together as long as you do not also load your concacaf league file?

Correct!

Am 10.4.2021 um 10:06 schrieb Dai35:

Are you just activating all the leagues from countries that are in the base database but weren't playable from the start please?

In countries outside of Europe yes, I do not yet what opinion I will prefer in Europe. 

On 08/04/2021 at 18:09, davie77 said:

Have you found any solution for this?

In my case the Concacaf Champions was supposed to have two teams from the USA, two from Mexico, the Canadian championship winner, the winner from the Caribbean club championship and the two finalists for the Central American Club Championship. My solution was to set fates for the Central American Club Championship semifinal winners and have the other 6 teams qualify in a regular way.

In your case I am not sure it would solve the issue as the competition is clearly ignoring the higher reputations of Europe and South America, so it is complety ignoring the continents. 

4 hours ago, davie77 said:

Correct!

In countries outside of Europe yes, I do not yet what opinion I will prefer in Europe. 

Hi @davie77,

Thank you for you response, i'm looking forward to trying your files out as i am unable to find anyone else who has made realistic lower league files for the latest database yet this year for some countries.

It may be quicker in europe to just stick to the leagues that are already in the database but not activated as there are so many countries that make up that continent.

Many Thanks

Dai

14 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

In your case I am not sure it would solve the issue as the competition is clearly ignoring the higher reputations of Europe and South America, so it is complety ignoring the continents. 

It's not about reputation, it's about how competition changes.

Season 2021: 7 teams / start feb 1 / end febr 11 (qualified from CONCACAF ; 1)

Season 2022 : 24 teams / start june 15 / end jul 5 (qualified from CONCACAF : 3)

Season 2025, 2029, 2033 and so on (every 4 years) : 24 teams / start june 15 / end jul 5 (qualified from CONCACAF ; 3)

What is the problem ? The qualification system is hardcoded. The game does not take into account the newly created Concacaf Champions League. He may be forced to do so by specifying fate () ... but that specification cancels the automatic place allocation system because the game is required to receive an additional team and does not know what to do with it. We finally reach a mixed system. The game "organizes" in parallel two competitions : World Club Championship in default format and with default qualification system (2021, 2022, 2025, 2029) ... as well as a new World Championship in which only the teams from CONCACAF are admitted (2021, 2023, 2024, ...). How can this be avoided? I do not know. Probably the only solution is to create a fictional parallel world competition similar to the WCC. This competition would allow linking with other continental competitions as well as a clear specification of the allocation method.

Edited by GreenTriangle

13 minutes ago, davie77 said:

Small update: Don't worry, I haven't gone underground. Haha. Africa is done and is already being tested extensively and the UEFA folder already contains 11 files. ^^

hope this question is taken the way it is meant. How long do you usually take to test these databases?. I've been quite interested in custom databases for a while now and am approaching the stage where I'd like to learn more to decide if it's something I'd want to get into to make my saves more special to me.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ryninho:

hope this question is taken the way it is meant. How long do you usually take to test these databases?. I've been quite interested in custom databases for a while now and am approaching the stage where I'd like to learn more to decide if it's something I'd want to get into to make my saves more special to me.

With your own files it is of course easier. I mainly test whether I have given the wrong stage names somewhere (or completely forgotten them) or whether something doesn't fit due to a small error (example: I managed to get relegated from the 1st league of Tanzania to the Jupiler Pro League (Belgium) :D). 

With files from others, it is probably best to simulate 1-2 seasons and then google whether the league really runs the way it was set or whether the changes make sense (example: I have built the 2020 season in Latvia, although only 8 teams play in the 1st league in 2021. Why? Because there is no information about the 2nd league for the new season, it is suddenly a closed league, you don't know how it will continue after this season, etc.).

49 minutes ago, davie77 said:

With your own files it is of course easier. I mainly test whether I have given the wrong stage names somewhere (or completely forgotten them) or whether something doesn't fit due to a small error (example: I managed to get relegated from the 1st league of Tanzania to the Jupiler Pro League (Belgium) :D). 

With files from others, it is probably best to simulate 1-2 seasons and then google whether the league really runs the way it was set or whether the changes make sense (example: I have built the 2020 season in Latvia, although only 8 teams play in the 1st league in 2021. Why? Because there is no information about the 2nd league for the new season, it is suddenly a closed league, you don't know how it will continue after this season, etc.).

Ok thanks mate. i imagine winding up in Belgium from Tanzania was a bit of a shock. But to be fair could have made quite an interesting save.

Is there an Australian here who might be able to explain to me what the Preliminary Finals are all about in the 2nd leagues? If someone could explain it to me, I could also include an extension for Australia in the Megapack. 

42 minutes ago, davie77 said:

Is there an Australian here who might be able to explain to me what the Preliminary Finals are all about in the 2nd leagues? If someone could explain it to me, I could also include an extension for Australia in the Megapack. 

Hi @davie77, I'm not Australian but from what little information  i could find about the Australian league system the preliminary finals appear to be a 2nd competition after the regular A League season ends for the top 8 sides in the A League as seen here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_Finals

There is no promotion or relegation from the A-League  top league in Australia as seen here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_soccer_league_system

They seem to have quite an unusual league system in Australia in which the top division with promotion or releagtion is the 2nd league in the country (The National Premier Leagues consisting of 8 state leagues and Football Federation Northern Territory consisting of 2 leagues).

I hope this helps you figure out if you can include Australia in your megapack.

Dai

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Dai35:

Hi @davie77, I'm not Australian but from what little information  i could find about the Australian league system the preliminary finals appear to be a 2nd competition after the regular A League season ends for the top 8 sides in the A League as seen here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_Finals

There is no promotion or relegation from the A-League  top league in Australia as seen here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_soccer_league_system

They seem to have quite an unusual league system in Australia in which the top division with promotion or releagtion is the 2nd league in the country (The National Premier Leagues consisting of 8 state leagues and Football Federation Northern Territory consisting of 2 leagues).

I hope this helps you figure out if you can include Australia in your megapack.

Dai

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, it doesn't help very much. I was referring to the "Preliminary Finals" of the 2nd leagues. ^^ (Seemingly also present in the 1st league until 2012.) But still thank you very much for your help. :)

Here is a screenshot. (I could have included it immediately, sorry...)

Screenshot_2.jpg.3e800fb976540de919855133901b1b79.jpg

32 minutes ago, davie77 said:

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, it doesn't help very much. I was referring to the "Preliminary Finals" of the 2nd leagues. ^^ (Seemingly also present in the 1st league until 2012.) But still thank you very much for your help. :)

Here is a screenshot. (I could have included it immediately, sorry...)

Screenshot_2.jpg.3e800fb976540de919855133901b1b79.jpg

From the looks of the picture it seems that the top 4 in the league at the end of the regular season are split 1st against 2nd and 3rd against 4th for the semi final play-off and the loser of the 1st v 2nd place semi final match gets a 2nd chance to qualify for the grand final by playing against the winner of the 3rd v 4th place semi final to get to the grand final to decide the overall champion.

I have no idea how you would implement that kind of system into the game or if it was even possible using the editor unfortunately.

I hope i have got this right but maybe someone else with more knowledge of the system will be able to explain it properly.

Dai

2 hours ago, davie77 said:

Also not an Australian but basically it can be done like this, assuming regular league season is "stage 0":

Stage 0: League Stage

Stage 1: Major Semi Final - Get League stage teams 0 and 1 (i.e. 1st and 2nd in table) . Winner goes to grand final (Stage 4), loser qualifies for preliminary final (stage 3)

Stage 2: Minor Semi Final - Get league stage teams 2 and 3 (i.e. 3rd and 4th in table). Winner goes to preliminary final (stage 3). Loser is eliminated.

Stage 3: Preliminary Final - Get teams qualified from stage 1 (loser) and stage 2 (winner) - Winner goes to grand final (Stage 4), loser is is eliminated.

Stage 4: Grand Final - Get teams qualified from stage 1 (winner) and stage 3 (winner).

vor einer Stunde schrieb paulgerty:

Also not an Australian but basically it can be done like this, assuming regular league season is "stage 0":

Stage 0: League Stage

Stage 1: Major Semi Final - Get League stage teams 0 and 1 (i.e. 1st and 2nd in table) . Winner goes to grand final (Stage 4), loser qualifies for preliminary final (stage 3)

Stage 2: Minor Semi Final - Get league stage teams 2 and 3 (i.e. 3rd and 4th in table). Winner goes to preliminary final (stage 3). Loser is eliminated.

Stage 3: Preliminary Final - Get teams qualified from stage 1 (loser) and stage 2 (winner) - Winner goes to grand final (Stage 4), loser is is eliminated.

Stage 4: Grand Final - Get teams qualified from stage 1 (winner) and stage 3 (winner).

Oh, that's how their mode works. I finally got it. Thank you very much.

Hi Davie77,

First of all your work is really excellent. I'll wait patiently for your African files and European files to be released because they're worth the wait.

However, I did encounter some minor errors in Honduras and Costa Rica leagues.

In the Honduras' second division there are 4 groups and according to the rules overview the first 5 teams of the opening and closure round qualify for the first KO round. This means 20 team for only 16 places. Because of this, the first 5 teams of group A,B and C qualify and only the first team of Group D qualifies for the first KO round. Though I'm not an expert of the Hondurian System I suspect that only the first four of each group should qualify? That would make the 16 teams.

Costa Rica works excellent, but when I click on the rules overview in the second division, the game crashes.

I thought I should mention it, but compliments on the good work.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Frohike:

Hi Davie77,

First of all your work is really excellent. I'll wait patiently for your African files and European files to be released because they're worth the wait.

However, I did encounter some minor errors in Honduras and Costa Rica leagues.

In the Honduras' second division there are 4 groups and according to the rules overview the first 5 teams of the opening and closure round qualify for the first KO round. This means 20 team for only 16 places. Because of this, the first 5 teams of group A,B and C qualify and only the first team of Group D qualifies for the first KO round. Though I'm not an expert of the Hondurian System I suspect that only the first four of each group should qualify? That would make the 16 teams.

Costa Rica works excellent, but when I click on the rules overview in the second division, the game crashes.

I thought I should mention it, but compliments on the good work.

@GreenTrianglehas already reported this problem to me and it has already been changed. In the next update is changed! Thanks anyway.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what is wrong in Costa Rica. I think it's a bug in the FM itself, I've had this problem in other countries as well. Just like with a club in Iraq. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Anaconda Vice:

@davie77

Hey, how is the Africa testing going?

Looking extremely forward to this! Top work.

Very good! I am already fine tuning Africa and Europe and am also making a file for Australia. :)

Just now, davie77 said:

@GreenTrianglehas already reported this problem to me and it has already been changed. In the next update is changed! Thanks anyway.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what is wrong in Costa Rica. I think it's a bug in the FM itself, I've had this problem in other countries as well. Just like with a club in Iraq. 

Very good! I am already fine tuning Africa and Europe and am also making a file for Australia. :)

If you need any research on future leagues, I would more than likely like to help.

• DaveTheEditor changed the title to [FM21] Around the Globe - Megapack by Dave (6/6)
Gerade eben schrieb davie77:

All right, mates. Now the time has finally come! The initial post has been updated and the complete Megapack is now available for download.  Have fun playing! :)

Just world-class! Amazing work!:applause:

25 minutes ago, davie77 said:

Yeah, even with the new mode from 2023/24. ;)

Wow that's amazing! Do you think this file will work with edited leagues of USA and Canada from other creators?

Edited by kandersson

vor 22 Minuten schrieb kandersson:

Wow that's amazing! Do you think this file will work with edited leagues of USA and Canada from other creators?

I am sorry, but I don't know. The best thing is to just simulate until 12. June 2023.

@davie77 I see that there is no Croatia in UEFA files.

I'm curious, since I'm trying to create my own version, why didn't you do the Croatian league?

I'd like to know was it some issue or similar thing that made it very hard. It would be good to know before I find out by myself. :)