Is this a bug?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Hi,

I recently started a save as Sheffield Wednesday on Football Manager Touch on iOS. They have very limited funds and are in a poor state. I decided to help speed my game and progression up I would buy the unlockable "200M Boost". I did a season in the Championship and managed to get promotion by winning the league. 

Im now in the Premiership, my overall balance is £23.1 million, however I have a transfer budget of just short of £268 million. I bought a player for £40 million however this takes the money away from my overall balance too. Which puts me in the red and then the club decided to sell my training facilities etc and put me in a really bad position financially. Would you say this is worth adding to the bugs section or is this right?

IMG_0106[445].PNG

This is as it is. Your balance is your actual money in the bank. The transfer budget is what the board have allowed you to use for transfers. They are allowing you to use more money than you have in the bank, because they expect to get in more money throughout the season. So when you spend money you budget for transfers gets lower, because you have used it, but the actual balance is also decreased since you first spend the money you have, then go into debt until you get more income.

So this is not a bug, simply finances. :)

It's definitely a bug that you have £267 mill transfer budget with a £23 mill balance. No club should ever allow a transfer budget that, if spent, will cause the board to sell off the training facilities. It's pretty clear that your £200 mill cash injection caused this though, so not really sure it's something to report. Weird input = weird output. All you can do is pay attention to your balance and not spend too much, despite being able to. 

Hi @NEO-BAHAMUT-,

Thanks for contacting us and apologies on the slow reply here.

This does look like a bug considering what is being triggered here - as it looks like you cant use the bank balance fully without it basically ruining your club - could you please send a save from where you have applied the bank balance please to the cloud and i will look into the save for you (link below). For full transparency we made need to offer you a refund here for that particular purchase, once we have a look at the save and fully get an idea of what is happening here.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Cheers,

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for anyone out there who decides to boost their bank balance by purchasing an addon. I received this today from development.

"the team have spent time investigating and unfortunately given the unique situation this has occurred in, we're not in a position to make the considerable change this would require to make it compatible with your save, we'd like to process a refund for your unlockable purchase."