International caps stop at 255 caps?

m the manager of England,

I now have X3 players whose number of caps have stopped at 255. (I play them every game before anyone asks, one being my son).

I was wondering why this is? The youngest being 29, which stops him racking up a fair amount of caps for his country,

Thanks

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jamie_B_105 said:

I now have X3 players whose number of caps have stopped at 255. (I play them every game before anyone asks, one being my son).

I was wondering why this is? The youngest being 29, which stops him racking up a fair amount of caps for his country,

Thanks

Wow that is a LOT of caps.

Yes I'm afraid the cap count stops at 255 because its FAR beyond the expected level which could be achieved in the real world and 99.99999% of cases in the game.

The variable which 'counts' the caps contains 8 bits, which means the highest value it can hold is 255 ... we do sanity checking just in case of errant issues otherwise it'd have wrapped around and your players could have reset to 0 caps which could have causes some real oddities with their valuations etc.

On 18/03/2021 at 12:53, jamie_B_105 said:

Thanks

Wow, I have not been able to find much information about the son feature on the mobile forums. Would you be able to perhaps explain how you manage to get it etc? TIA 

4 hours ago, Joshuayeoh said:

Wow, I have not been able to find much information about the son feature on the mobile forums. Would you be able to perhaps explain how you manage to get it etc? TIA 

It's question 1 here, but read to the bottom: 

Edit: If you don't want to wait 10 seasons to unlock it, I think you can buy it in the store as well, although it's only for that save, not any later ones.

Edited by StephenCronin