transfer market terrible for anyone else? (selling players)

back to back league top scorer and not a single bid or even wanted by any club once over the past 2 seasons even with him "wanting a move to a bigger club". if i transfer list him, the closest offer i get is half his value. 

not a single non transfer list bid over 2 seasons. anyone i want to sell has to be sold for 0 to a tenth of their value even after offering to cover their salary. 

most lower value players refuse to move even with me and the other club footing their salary. 

currently trying to offload my 35 mil CM and the only way to get a bid is if i transfer list him for 0 and cover his salary. literally $ZERO transfer fee. 

Nope, I'm getting regular bid from China and Germany for at least 5 of my current players sometimes 7 or 8 times more than what they are worth.

A lot of people have this problem. How many players do you have loaded in the game and how many leagues and nations? What are other clubs in your league getting for their players? What’s your reputation? Are your players all on low wages or high wages?

3 hours ago, rossenori said:

back to back league top scorer and not a single bid or even wanted by any club once over the past 2 seasons even with him "wanting a move to a bigger club". if i transfer list him, the closest offer i get is half his value.

Why do you want your top scorer to attract bids? What wages is he on and how long is left on his contract? High wages and a long contract will put off bidders, as these players tend to be more expensive. 

If you transfer list a player, you are signalling to other clubs that you want to sell, so why on earth would they put a high bid in for a player? When I am looking for transfer listed from the AI I am expecting to see them at a discounted price. Why would the AI be any different? It is very rare you will get a large bid when you either transfer list or offer a player because if you are offering them, you are saying you do not want them, and if you do not value them highly it suggests you do not want large bids.

As I mentioned, the other factor is wages. If a player has a huge wage, it severely limits the number of clubs who can afford him. And if you are managing a big club then players may not want to leave to be paid less at a worse club. Do not sign players you do not want to keep long term to long, expensive contracts. 

Another thing that plays a strong role on the transfer market in the game is how you have set up the number of leagues and the number of players. If you set up the database so there are only a few active leagues, but you load a huge number of players, you distort the transfer market for yourself. Teams in active leagues are less active in the transfer market in general. So if you have few leagues going, this likely corresponds to fewer bids from inactive leagues (I play with a lot of leagues, so I do not know how that works). This is made worse if you have loaded a lot of players into the database. It creates too many players for the number of active teams. so you can almost always find a better deal than, for example, your 35m CM. Keeping the number of players balanced to the number of active leagues is important. No idea if this is something you could experience, but something to keep in mind.

Personally it is something I have never experienced to a large degree. In fact I just had a fight trying to keep my team together in the January transfer window with bids from all directions. Then again, I actively avoid situations where players are being overpayed for their skill level so that I cannot sell them, and plan my contract offers very carefully. 

The number of players in your database is too many. One of the best moves I ever made was changing to a small database last year. The transfer market works so much better this way. 

11 hours ago, Maccer92 said:

The number of players in your database is too many. One of the best moves I ever made was changing to a small database last year. The transfer market works so much better this way. 

I also read the tip to load a small data base last year. It makes a big difference for the better.

19 hours ago, Maccer92 said:

8 leagues, medium database. thats no excuse though. 

On 16/03/2021 at 23:45, majesticeternity said:

A lot of people have this problem. How many players do you have loaded in the game and how many leagues and nations? What are other clubs in your league getting for their players? What’s your reputation? Are your players all on low wages or high wages?

8 leagues, medium database. bayern bought mckennie for 45, bailey for 52. dortmund spent 25ish each for 4 players. hertha berlin. they're on criminally low wages. 

22 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Why do you want your top scorer to attract bids? What wages is he on and how long is left on his contract? High wages and a long contract will put off bidders, as these players tend to be more expensive. 

If you transfer list a player, you are signalling to other clubs that you want to sell, so why on earth would they put a high bid in for a player? When I am looking for transfer listed from the AI I am expecting to see them at a discounted price. Why would the AI be any different? It is very rare you will get a large bid when you either transfer list or offer a player because if you are offering them, you are saying you do not want them, and if you do not value them highly it suggests you do not want large bids.

As I mentioned, the other factor is wages. If a player has a huge wage, it severely limits the number of clubs who can afford him. And if you are managing a big club then players may not want to leave to be paid less at a worse club. Do not sign players you do not want to keep long term to long, expensive contracts. 

Another thing that plays a strong role on the transfer market in the game is how you have set up the number of leagues and the number of players. If you set up the database so there are only a few active leagues, but you load a huge number of players, you distort the transfer market for yourself. Teams in active leagues are less active in the transfer market in general. So if you have few leagues going, this likely corresponds to fewer bids from inactive leagues (I play with a lot of leagues, so I do not know how that works). This is made worse if you have loaded a lot of players into the database. It creates too many players for the number of active teams. so you can almost always find a better deal than, for example, your 35m CM. Keeping the number of players balanced to the number of active leagues is important. No idea if this is something you could experience, but something to keep in mind.

Personally it is something I have never experienced to a large degree. In fact I just had a fight trying to keep my team together in the January transfer window with bids from all directions. Then again, I actively avoid situations where players are being overpayed for their skill level so that I cannot sell them, and plan my contract offers very carefully. 

i'd like to tweak styles every few seasons to keep things fresh. in order to do that, i'd have to move some players to afford new and better ones. who wants to play with the same 11 every season? to name a few... back to back bundesliga top scorer piatek on 88k with 3 seasons left. not a single bid even with him "slightly concerned" for a move to a bigger club the entire window. star winger, 31k 3 years, can't attract a bid either. 35 mill CM and the only bid i got after transfer listing and incrementally lowering price till ZERO while covering half of his 30k salary. 

im not even expecting a high bid but selling players for peanuts and having to cover their wage is a joke. signed hubner on a free and thought a good season and i can sell him for quite a bit. ended up selling him for 1 mill + his wages while he was worth 9 mill. multiple seasons without bids, thats why i started listing to see how low i got to go for a bid. why on earth is no one bidding for inform players without transfer listing at an absurdly low price. 

at hertha berlin. wages are extremely low. and if they don't want to after an entire window of trying to offload them then they shouldn't cry about not playing. it's always the crappy players who refuse to leave, like can't you take a hint lol. 

8 leagues, medium database. never had this issue till recent FMs and i used to play with even larger player pool. anyways this database 'workaround' is BS. 

49 minutes ago, rossenori said:

who wants to play with the same 11 every season?

Me :D .But each to their own! I understand things getting stale, I usually just move clubs when this happens. 

50 minutes ago, rossenori said:

8 leagues, medium database. never had this issue till recent FMs and i used to play with even larger player pool. anyways this database 'workaround' is BS. 

I agree your DB should not be problematic, you have no loaded up a gazillion players with 2 active leagues or something crazy, so let's discount that. Always worth eliminating the obvious things. The DB thing is a compromise between allowing people with low end computers to play at a reasonable pace with a few leagues active. Whatever SI do there some people will be disappointed I think. But anyway, that is what it is, we cannot change it. 

53 minutes ago, rossenori said:

to name a few... back to back bundesliga top scorer piatek on 88k with 3 seasons left. not a single bid even with him "slightly concerned" for a move to a bigger club the entire window.

Nobody was even interested in him when he was unsettled? As in he had the "wnt" next to his name? Highly unusual indeed if not, because the AI should sniff around unsettled good players, even if they end up not putting in a bid. What is your club rep like? Relative to everyone else? Are you already established as one of the big clubs? Because if so it severely limits what would be classed as a bigger club, and also you have to keep in mind that big clubs may feel they already have good enough players in his position. 

You are paying low wages indeed, which makes me wonder how "good" your players are. Good in FM terms, I trust that they are great players for you. AFAIK the AI judges players a lot by their CA and PA as much as their form. This could have changed, and I of course do not know the exact workings of the transfer engine. But if these are good, but not top, players who you have playing extremely well, then this would explain something. Although if that is the case I fully agree with you that it is a bit nonsense. But do not take my word as gospel on this, I could very well be wrong and do not want to spread misinformation here. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can jump in and tell me I am talking crap if, well, I am.

As for why teams do not know to bid for your players, it kinda makes sense. Typically players with a couple of years on their contract playing key roles for their teams are not going to be available, so they would assume they are not. Have you tried setting asking prices at or around value for players? This may attract interest. 

I guess it is also worth noting that as you are playing in Germany not many teams have a bunch of money to throw around. So a 35m midfielder is going to have a very limited domestic market. Do you have any indications as to the transfer budgets of the teams you are hoping to make bids?

I know I am probably not being tremendously helpful, but I am just trying to throw ideas out there in case one sticks and that helps you work out what is going on and hopefully a way around the problem.

11 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Nobody was even interested in him when he was unsettled? As in he had the "wnt" next to his name? Highly unusual indeed if not, because the AI should sniff around unsettled good players, even if they end up not putting in a bid. What is your club rep like? Relative to everyone else? Are you already established as one of the big clubs? Because if so it severely limits what would be classed as a bigger club, and also you have to keep in mind that big clubs may feel they already have good enough players in his position. 

You are paying low wages indeed, which makes me wonder how "good" your players are. Good in FM terms, I trust that they are great players for you. AFAIK the AI judges players a lot by their CA and PA as much as their form. This could have changed, and I of course do not know the exact workings of the transfer engine. But if these are good, but not top, players who you have playing extremely well, then this would explain something. Although if that is the case I fully agree with you that it is a bit nonsense. But do not take my word as gospel on this, I could very well be wrong and do not want to spread misinformation here. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can jump in and tell me I am talking crap if, well, I am.

hertha is 4/5 stars. multiple players with "wanted" over a few seasons, not a single bid, not even a bid for piatek when he had "slt". shouldn't matter to big clubs if they have good enough players, they always hoard good/in form players.

transfers used to happen regardless of the player's CA/PA as long as they had an amazing season. you could turn huge profits every season, it was really OP and im glad its not that way anymore but theyve gone to the other extreme. its also nonsense if the AI judges solely/mostly on CA PA, and if thats the case then shouldn't the AI disregard how poorly a player is playing and buy them as long as their CA PA is high? clubs IRL overpay for in form players all the time only to find out they're not that good or they don't suit the style. 

12 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

As for why teams do not know to bid for your players, it kinda makes sense. Typically players with a couple of years on their contract playing key roles for their teams are not going to be available, so they would assume they are not. Have you tried setting asking prices at or around value for players? This may attract interest. 

lol piatek can't get an actual bid, and if i list him the biggest offer i get is 26 mill for a 60 mill value striker while covering half his salary. listed my 35 mill winger, had to go down to 5 mill + half his salary before i got any offers. 33 mill CAM, first offer at 0 mill + half his salary. some players i can't even get rid off at 0 transfer fee. why would they assume they're not available if im actively trying to sell them or if they're unsettled? 

the contract would be another dumb design if it were true. too long a contract puts off the AI, short contract and the AI decides to hold out. 

12 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I guess it is also worth noting that as you are playing in Germany not many teams have a bunch of money to throw around. So a 35m midfielder is going to have a very limited domestic market. Do you have any indications as to the transfer budgets of the teams you are hoping to make bids?

I know I am probably not being tremendously helpful, but I am just trying to throw ideas out there in case one sticks and that helps you work out what is going on and hopefully a way around the problem.

17 out of the 18 teams in the league are listed as "rich". second season - bayern spent 80 and sold 200. dortmund spent 130 and sold 180. leipzig spent 80 and sold 100. hoffenheim spent 0 and sold 100. schalke spent 70 and sold 40.

the league that im playing in shouldn't dictate how likely i'd get a bid when i have 8 playable leagues selected. 

4 hours ago, rossenori said:

lol piatek can't get an actual bid, and if i list him the biggest offer i get is 26 mill for a 60 mill value striker while covering half his salary. listed my 35 mill winger, had to go down to 5 mill + half his salary before i got any offers. 33 mill CAM, first offer at 0 mill + half his salary. some players i can't even get rid off at 0 transfer fee. why would they assume they're not available if im actively trying to sell them or if they're unsettled? 

If you list him, you won't get high offers, but that's obvious. What's interesting to me is that teams are requesting that much of the salaries to be covered. Sounds like you may be overpaying players and so the wage demands are putting teams off. 

41 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If you list him, you won't get high offers, but that's obvious. What's interesting to me is that teams are requesting that much of the salaries to be covered. Sounds like you may be overpaying players and so the wage demands are putting teams off. 

pretty sure im underpaying them. 60 mill striker on default salary of 88k. 30 mill winger and 35 mill cam on 30k with 8k app and 16k goal bonus. 

my bigger concern is the lack of offers for in form players (not transfer listed). 

had to sell my aging POTS for a fraction + plus half his salary before he devalued further. assist record setting season and not a single bid. 

players unwilling to move to smaller clubs even though theyre getting 0 play time currently. im covering the player's salary and hes getting salary from his new club and yet he wants to stay and play 0 minutes and the cry about it. 

transfer listed $54 mill rebic for 45 + half his salary, got 1 offer which he refused. then had to lower it to $10 mill for another offer. 

multiple seasons at milan and only 1 non transfer list bid (not counting low value players).

won the champions league, had multiple "wanted" and not a single bid.