[FM21] [Mod] Stadium background picture on matchday

hdsnviefbvs

Hi all

I’m a vintage/retro FM player and I’m one of those players who do only play in 2D mode (never 3D) and I’m also used to have the stadium background picture shown on matchday.
In this year’s version this was really tricky, and as far as I’m concerned there was no solution, but thanks to a user on this forum I got a tip on how to get the stadium background picture on the in between highlights panel, and I think that “saved the day” for me, (if I wouldn’t have found that mod I would probably just scraped this years version)

But still, I was really annoyed to see the big green 2D pitch on the pre-match screen, the half-time screen and the post-match screen.
So I decided to give it a try, and see if I could find a solution. After some work I finally found the solution.

I have tested this mod with 2D and 3D, it works both ways.

This mod will do the following:
* Make the stadium background picture to show on the pre-match screen, half time screen and post-match screen, It keeps the match engine so you will be able to watch the game in key moments and so on.
 (PS: It does not remove the purple borders on the 2D pitch sides)
* It will remove the locker room background picture on the pre-match team news screen, remove the locker room background picture on the team talk screen (PRM, HT and FT) and on the tunnel broadcast interview screen (PRM and FT)

Do the following:
1. Open file “Client object browser.xml” in your skin folder.

2. Locate the following lines:
<!-- match - covers entire lower part of screen when looking at a match -->
                <widget class="match_highlights_panel" id="full" pitch_unique_id="full">

<record id="object_property">
                        <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                    </record>
                </widget>

3. One line under the widget paste the following:
<!-- match background picture - displays in match screens but not on pitch/trophy -->
    <widget class="picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
        <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
      </record>
      <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
        <list id="get_properties">
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="mpTP" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on trophy presentation -->

<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="false" skip_if_null="true" /> <!-- show on other views -->
        </list>
        <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
      </attachment>
    </widget>

Thanks to michaeltmurrayuk for his mods, I was looking in to the “FM18 matchday backgrounds mod” for this.

These screenshots shows the game without the mod:
2089035000_Teamnews.thumb.png.bd8a495b73c64c9cadc1584f86d46118.png Teamtalk.thumb.png.dfde1036ca81a130b24047380f1b1096.png 1562250466_Tunnelbroadcastinter.thumb.png.d5e4a5965b0221ea47bb79558b2f707e.png  168773559_Prematchscreen.thumb.png.9f2ee58fafa0c3e190587204d9ce7136.png  

324899946_Halftime.thumb.png.c4265d26c97963290dfa52dbda53dbef.png 802285395_Fulltime.thumb.png.3b4ec8c42b2c19eac0a7b1f5dda34c08.png 

These screenshots shows the game with the mod:
1948763241_TeamnewsMOD.thumb.png.9be77827d33e598566ce07c330015250.png 1206903355_TeamtalkMOD.thumb.png.7910a240fed0026309baf1fe3781a20b.png 2144565468_TunnelbroadcastinterMOD.thumb.png.79ab07ddd32135d1fc2780494e25ec73.png 703244749_PrematchscreenMOD.thumb.png.a1636b72ba5868ec66d1e5ba10ad191e.png
1592922635_HalftimeMOD.thumb.png.78b4fe6857670cb1ead463cc467f8b0d.png 1709716753_FulltimeMOD.thumb.png.2ac64a4e40da03e579d03575c2a2ba1a.png

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

2 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Can anybody who has got this take a couple of screenshots of what it looks like please. I am very curious about how it looks before I go and implement it into my game. Thanks

I forgot to do that when I opened this thread, I will post some screenshots in a moment, along with description.

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

• hdsnviefbvs changed the title to [FM21] [Mod] Stadium background picture on matchday
5 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Any update on the screenshots?

There are some pictures (screenshots) in the opening post. I added them to the opening post a couple a days ago. The example are showing Bayer Leverkusen vs Lepzig, pre-match, halftime and post-match screen.
Please note that you need to use a skin that have support for showing backgrounds (like stadium and city ect.), I guess you already know that.

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

On 16/03/2021 at 22:36, DWCallaghan said:

Works great on all screens except the commentary only match screen. that shows the default screen until I click on a player and then back to match and it then shows.

any advice ?

I have tested and played some matches with “commentary only” with this mod, and it’s seems to show exactly the same as using 2D with “key moments” or even the whole game.

If I now understand you correctly you want “commentary only” and the 2D pitch to disappear?
If that’s the case, unfortunately I don’t have any solution to that. But you can open your “Client object browser.xml” and locate this line:
<!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />

Remove line: <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
(Om Maybe you can just change the values to “false” instead of “true” and maybe that will also do the trick)

Then you will have “commentary only” and with no 2D pitch, but unfortunately then you wont be able to watch “key moments” or anything from the match, because by doing this will kick out the match engine itself.
The famous split screen was removed in FM18 (or was it 17?) , so I don’t think there are any way around that. I haven’t looked more in to that, because I don’t play with “commentary only” I always play with 2D with “comprehensive”.

52 minutes ago, hdsnviefbvs said:

There are some pictures (screenshots) in the opening post. I added them to the opening post a couple a days ago. The example are showing Bayer Leverkusen vs Lepzig, pre-match, halftime and post-match screen.
Please note that you need to use a skin that have support for showing backgrounds (like stadium and city ect.), I guess you already know that.

Sorry, I completely missed that! Thanks for the screenshots. Will give it a go.

1 hour ago, Richard Bell said:

This looks incredible but can i ask, does this work in 3d match comprehensive or full match.  Apologies i didn't fully understand what was written a couple of boxes above.

Many thanks for your time in advance

I have recently tested this mod with 3D match, and I can confirm that it works.
You can play with comprehensive or full match, It dosent matter.

This mod will make the stadium background picture to show on:
-Pre-match team news screen
-Half-time screen
-Post-match screen
-The dressing room screen
-Tunnel interview screen

Please note that in between the highlights the 3D stadium will still be visible, If you also want a stadium picture to show in between the highlights then I would recommend this mod:
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/546506-fm21mod-stadium-image-for-in-between-highlight-panels/

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

• 3 months later...
On 15/03/2021 at 12:48, hdsnviefbvs said:

Hi all

I’m a vintage/retro FM player and I’m one of those players who do only play in 2D mode (never 3D) and I’m also used to have the stadium background picture shown on matchday.
In this year’s version this was really tricky, and as far as I’m concerned there was no solution, but thanks to a user on this forum I got a tip on how to get the stadium background picture on the in between highlights panel, and I think that “saved the day” for me, (if I wouldn’t have found that mod I would probably just scraped this years version)

But still, I was really annoyed to see the big green 2D pitch on the pre-match screen, the half-time screen and the post-match screen.
So I decided to give it a try, and see if I could find a solution. After some work I finally found the solution.

I have tested this mod with 2D and 3D, it works both ways.

This mod will do the following:
* Make the stadium background picture to show on the pre-match screen, half time screen and post-match screen, It keeps the match engine so you will be able to watch the game in key moments and so on.
 (PS: It does not remove the purple borders on the 2D pitch sides)
* It will remove the locker room background picture on the pre-match team news screen, remove the locker room background picture on the team talk screen (PRM, HT and FT) and on the tunnel broadcast interview screen (PRM and FT)

Do the following:
1. Open file “Client object browser.xml” in your skin folder.

2. Locate the following lines:
<!-- match - covers entire lower part of screen when looking at a match -->
                <widget class="match_highlights_panel" id="full" pitch_unique_id="full">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                    </record>
                </widget>

3. One line under the widget paste the following:
<!-- match background picture - displays in match screens but not on pitch/trophy -->
    <widget class="picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
        <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
      </record>
      <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="mpTP" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on trophy presentation -->

<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="false" skip_if_null="true" /> <!-- show on other views -->
        </list>
        <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
      </attachment>
    </widget>

Thanks to michaeltmurrayuk for his mods, I was looking in to the “FM18 matchday backgrounds mod” for this.

These screenshots shows the game without the mod:
2089035000_Teamnews.thumb.png.bd8a495b73c64c9cadc1584f86d46118.png Teamtalk.thumb.png.dfde1036ca81a130b24047380f1b1096.png 1562250466_Tunnelbroadcastinter.thumb.png.d5e4a5965b0221ea47bb79558b2f707e.png  168773559_Prematchscreen.thumb.png.9f2ee58fafa0c3e190587204d9ce7136.png  

324899946_Halftime.thumb.png.c4265d26c97963290dfa52dbda53dbef.png 802285395_Fulltime.thumb.png.3b4ec8c42b2c19eac0a7b1f5dda34c08.png 

These screenshots shows the game with the mod:
1948763241_TeamnewsMOD.thumb.png.9be77827d33e598566ce07c330015250.png 1206903355_TeamtalkMOD.thumb.png.7910a240fed0026309baf1fe3781a20b.png 2144565468_TunnelbroadcastinterMOD.thumb.png.79ab07ddd32135d1fc2780494e25ec73.png 703244749_PrematchscreenMOD.thumb.png.a1636b72ba5868ec66d1e5ba10ad191e.png
1592922635_HalftimeMOD.thumb.png.78b4fe6857670cb1ead463cc467f8b0d.png 1709716753_FulltimeMOD.thumb.png.2ac64a4e40da03e579d03575c2a2ba1a.png

That looks incredible and adds so much more to the experience imo,

What background packs etc will i need for the stadiums to show up like this?

im absolutely crap with computers so take it easy on me, lol

I think FM would be perfect if you could get the stadium backgrounds on commentry of the game like you could on 01/02 with obv all the extra stuff that the modern day FM brings.

Long, long, long term i will be hoping to learn how to put stadium backgrounds in myself, are there any easy tutorials out there? 

thank you

On 03/07/2021 at 18:57, bigbeezer said:

That looks incredible and adds so much more to the experience imo,

What background packs etc will i need for the stadiums to show up like this?

im absolutely crap with computers so take it easy on me, lol

I think FM would be perfect if you could get the stadium backgrounds on commentry of the game like you could on 01/02 with obv all the extra stuff that the modern day FM brings.

Long, long, long term i will be hoping to learn how to put stadium backgrounds in myself, are there any easy tutorials out there? 

thank you

First you need to have a skin that support background pictures.
There are several skins out there, you can find some here: https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm21-skins.html
Then you must download background pictures, this can be found here: https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm21-graphics.html (There are also installation guide stated there)

After installation follow instructions in the fist post of this thread.
Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Hello Michael Murray,

i have the stadium background pack thatr shows the clubs stadium over the whole screen, but the skin i have DF11 DARY CYAN YELLOW CENTER -TRB 

Dark base fm20 colour base v1

i cant see the players ages anywhere in the game now?

can you help mate?

thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Em 16/12/2021 em 22:06, Crb1986 disse:

Hey, this mod really helped to get the immersion in game.

Would you thing other screens would work aswell, such as the pre match screen or manager office room?

imagem.thumb.png.d0e0a30547cedb5d0421575b2ed2c4dd.png

Hey, just for those who might be interested. Here's the code that goes into client object and will allow you to have backgrounds on some screens.

Credit to @a31632 for sharing it. Thank you.

<!-- tunnel interview scene - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/tunnel" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
    <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
        <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="mpPh" skip_if_null="false"/>
        <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="mpPa" skip_if_null="true" />
      </list>
      <integer id="set_property" value="Shwn"/>
    </attachment>
  </widget>

<!-- pre match briefing scene - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/briefing" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="phBR" skip_if_null="false"/>
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="or" value="paBR" skip_if_null="true" />
                <record get_property="FS  " test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="and" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<!-- press conference - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="picture" id="prCN" file="backgrounds/press">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PprC" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<!-- welcome to club - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="picture" id="brEn" file="backgrounds/briefing">
        <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="Twtc" skip_if_null="false"/>
      </list>
    </attachment>
  </widget>

<!-- club vision meeting - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="picture" id="CVEn" file="backgrounds/briefing">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="0" value="Cvim" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>    
  <!-- dressing room scene - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/dressing room" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
        <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="htmt" skip_if_null="false"/>
        <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="atmt" skip_if_null="true" />
      </list>
    </attachment>
  </widget>

• 3 months later...

Would love to see this for this year .  Any chance?

Also, if anyone knows how to get match day backgrounds on older versions (2012) they would be appreciated. I have spent hours trying to get it to work on both this year and 2012 to no avail. 

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Le 23/01/2024 à 21:53, Steve1977beyond a dit :

using the instructions in the original post, it works for me on FM24

Screenshot 2024-01-23 205221.png

Okay, I think I inserted the code wrong in file. Or maybe another problem. I will resolve this, thanks!