Players don’t progress and gain experience since patch

I’ve played this game years now, and always do a few hours a day so consider myself experienced. 
Since the previous patch there has been a massive drop off in the experience players are getting from playing. The amount of times now post match you see nothing or 1% of young players, playing in the first time and playing well is ridic. 
18 year olds coming from the academy and getting 1% experience in three premier league games - when they get 8-7-8 match ratings. 
I’ve also got top tier training and youth facilities too so it isn’t that. 

noticed it in two very different careers now (in terms of leagues). One of the devs explain why this has changed?

• SI Staff

This isn't something I've heard reported elsewhere - if you'd be kind enough to send me your save then I'll take a look at it.

Other reasons why they're not progressing should be visible on their profiles (and tbh this isn't something which has been particularly changed in the update) ... if you can give more information then I'd appreciated it, perhaps post some screenshots of your training pages (both club and individual players) and also coach report pages for them.

Might also help to know the personalities of the players in question - unprofessional players will be more erratic in their progress generally and that might be a factor for instance.