FM21 - Beek Vooruit - Every Nation Challenge

KibworthBull

This one is like hen's teeth - rare i tell ye, rare!

We had a Curacoan called Shermaine Locadia who got a MoTM award pre Christmas and we have just been waiting for him to score a goal - today he delivered.

We also had a Montserratian called Garry Ryan who powered in a brace of headers to secure a MoTM award - two ticked off in one match!

This also brings up the double figures for the season - 10 ticked off.

• 30 out of 227

image.thumb.png.fba9b6dae61d96c247ffa6b3ca22059d.png

image.thumb.png.5282b0b48da7bf2b7143401589bb617d.png

The final game of the season and our 11th of a prolific campaign, and it's fair to say this one has been a long time coming as well - not sure how many times i've written that statement but it feels like a lot!

Pierre Brierre has 7 goals and 6 assists which demonstrates that he has been a good player for me - just has never been able to get that illusive MoTM award until today - he got 2 assists in the final game and ensures that Turks & Caicos Is. (207th in the world) is done.

• 31 out of 227

image.thumb.png.9cbb9e420a859032e72c7658a5af72bf.png

End of Season 5 position

image.png.38b65da43d124a56f2d2b3b9a67e6621.png

In terms of a league campaign - it was not a good season - we were expected to achieve a Play-Off place and we got 5th - yes that is 1 place below the play-offs but 9pts away which shows just how far behind we actually were. At one point we were 12th and rumours of the sack were rife, we managed to recover but my job is not the safest it has ever been.

In terms of the challenge it has been a very good season - comfortably our best campaign with 11 done - some random nations in the mix as well

• 77 nations have played for me (+14 on last year)
  • 46 nations have scored for me (+16 on last year)
  • 31 nations have achieved a MoTM award for me (+11 on last year)

I have 47 nations currently in play - this is meaning that they have played and/or scored but as yet have not completed the set - these are the ones that are holding us back as a fair amount of these players are *****, but are the best ***** that the nation has!

39 minutes ago, KibworthBull said:

Good luck!

Thanks, approaching half way through first season and have managed to tick off 5 countries. 
Netherlands

America

East Timor

Northern Mariana Islands

Samoa

Have a fair few other countries in play, but it’s the mom that is hard to get.

6 minutes ago, bambi holt said:

Thanks, approaching half way through first season and have managed to tick off 5 countries. 
Netherlands

America

East Timor

Northern Mariana Islands

Samoa

Have a fair few other countries in play, but it’s the mom that is hard to get.

Which nation you in?

Northern Mariana Islands is a horrible one to tick off!

Things have started very well this season - 3 straight victories, tons of goals scored. AND a couple of nations.

The obscure one now - England...

Ifeanyi Okoh came off the bench and scored a treble in the 2nd half of an 8-2 win

33 out of 227

image.thumb.png.7b29e44fbe16b57a49b43362d5e3a880.png

15 hours ago, bambi holt said:

With dual nationalities, do you accept it if the player is Dutch with a different 2nd nationality. Or only if Dutch is the 2nd?

I'm only counting their main nationality.

So if you have a Dutch/Irish player, if they have declared for Holland then they are working towards the Dutch one, but if they have declared for Ireland then they are aiming for that.

If they switch AFTER completion then thats fine and they count for the original nation but not the new one. If they switch during (i.e. not completed) then anything they did prior to the switch is paused and they are unable to complete that nation.

I hope that makes sense!

Oh Serbia, you mistress of infinate frustration.

You've given me Uroš Mihajlović, who is attribute wise, my star, but despite 50 odd games you have never even got close to a MoTM award, I had to bring in Srećko Lekić and hope that the combination of the two can tick off a nation - it took 19 games but we have done it.

• 34 out of 227

image.thumb.png.5538e310408bbdd2c34d5cb869e148dc.png

Edited by KibworthBull

Take Care Garnier...

I say this each time he sets foot on the field, as he is from a poor nation and is not a great player, now thankfully he can go back home!

8 goals in 18 games isn't a bad record to be fair to the Saint Martin international, but it's taken him 3 years to do it!

Hervé Garnier, I love you, but I wont ever call you again.

• 35 out of 227

image.thumb.png.44508021a6dcdc068d3ec10b806e44c8.png

Edited by KibworthBull

On a roll...

Ibrahim Dumbuya came in last January as part of my attempt to improve the squad and not just sign random rubbish, and has done a good job, with 6 goals in 16 games from the right wing position. His MoTM display came in the cup in a dreadful team performance where he came off the bench and scored the winner.

Don't matter how it happens. Sierra Leone is done.

image.thumb.png.d5eed4d199d45d9db3c2b1da14cbd76a.png

Edited by KibworthBull

Hows your luck - my Cook Islands striker scores twice.. the oppo have a guy who scores a hattrick! So blinking close...

But hold on...

Aymar Kamango picked up a MoTM award in a dull 0-0er a few weeks back, since then he has been on penalties and has finally got one.

Democratic Republic of Congo, you are done my friends.

37 out of 227 and we have done 4 tonight

image.thumb.png.38eed9a19ba7f680fe1ebb143cd1e0d7.png