Show me a system for IF or IW?

Can someone please share a formation, tactics or tips to get your IF, IW to get as high rating as possible? That’s my only goal here. To see how high a average rating for the IF or IW is possible. 
Cause at the moment I can’t get them above 7.00. Impossible. 

I managed to get my IW(A) (CM strata) to get a 7.28 score in the Portuguese League as Porto (easy league I know). In the UCL he currently has a 7.10. We're overachieving and I don't know how long this form will last, but we're demolishing everything and I'm really happy with the flow and movement of this tactic.

This tactic is super simple:

• DLF(A) frees space for the IW(A) to attack in the back of the defence (also can feed him the ball).
  • Focus play left/right helps with freeing up space on the other flank and support the current flank (this avoids endless crossing and helps keep possession).
  • W(S) and RPM are able to switch the play to the other flank and pass to the AF(A)'s runs.
  • Lots of one-twos and movement between the strikers and wingers (with the RPM's and fullbacks help).
  • Deadly counter-attacks.

The tactic is great vs the parked buses in the Portuguese League (something that I've always struggled with), also does really well in Europe or vs similar teams - in these situations I change my defensive line to Standart and Lower LOE, and maybe change the passing directness to standart.

My first variation of this tactic was not as good, as soon as I switched the DLF(A) to the left It changed everything! The IW(A) started actually running behind and through the defence all the time and the left flank stopped being very predictable and one dimensional (AF(A) and IW(A) were just trying to run through and behind the defence).

So imo if you want your IW(A) to have great ratings you need:

• good playmakers to feed him the ball.
  • your strikers to free up space for him to attack
  • an overall unpredictable attack. If you're just passing him the ball and hope he becomes Robben and dribbles past everyone you're gonna have a bad time (well, unless he's Robben :lol:)

tatica1.png

tatica2.png

There are plenty of tactical downloads with IF/IW systems. Us posting our tactic up wouldn't really help you in fact it would be more beneficial to post what you have tried so we can help from there also something that has a rather large impact on IW/If is the actual player themselves. If the player doesn't have the right technical and mental attributes then you're wasting your time looking at other peoples tactics. 

Thanks for the feedback. But I would like to bring up a challenge. Is anyone in 433 or 4231 system able to get one of your IF/IW to be the best rated player throughout the season? Even top 3 rated seems impossible. And that’s ridiculous because IRL some of the best performers throughout the years has been from IF/IW positions. 

This in no way really helps you tbh because you are basically looking for someone to confirm to you a position you have already take and until you accept where the problem lies you wont be able to change it but here in two separate saves.  Milik has been converted in to a RW because he doesn't suit my F9 tactic.

Capture.PNG.4d1e1b545f790a41f8e82395675a72f5.PNG

milik1.PNG.2a177ed48ca74660bcaf20396cb0028c.PNG

milik2.PNG.b164a6cbd7d1cdc7c73139512d84b0cc.PNG

1 hour ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

My IW (s) in AML position at Anderlecht is best rated player and won belgian golden boot in this system. (He is also based on stars the best player of my team) two consecutive years

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/550091-looking-for-feedback-on-my-first-succesful-tactic/

Any PI for your IW?

12 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

This in no way really helps you tbh because you are basically looking for someone to confirm to you a position you have already take and until you accept where the problem lies you wont be able to change it but here in two separate saves.  Milik has been converted in to a RW because he doesn't suit my F9 tactic.

Capture.PNG.4d1e1b545f790a41f8e82395675a72f5.PNG

milik1.PNG.2a177ed48ca74660bcaf20396cb0028c.PNG

milik2.PNG.b164a6cbd7d1cdc7c73139512d84b0cc.PNG

I like to see your tactic ?

Put them on set pieces, he'll wrack up Key Passes & boost his rating :D

On a more serious note, IFs/IWs are some of the easiest roles to get good ratings from 

Just make sure you're set up sensibly & the player's good enough for the role & level 

14 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Put them on set pieces, he'll wrack up Key Passes & boost his rating :D

On a more serious note, IFs/IWs are some of the easiest roles to get good ratings from 

Just make sure you're set up sensibly & the player's good enough for the role & level 

I really really like to see a screen of your 4231 or 433 were IF or IW get good ratings. I tried for month with no succes. Can you post a screen? Thanks🙏

5 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

I really really like to see a screen of your 4231 or 433 were IF or IW get good ratings. I tried for month with no succes. Can you post a screen? Thanks🙏

They do alright but I'm not trying to get them the best rating on the team 

Fen.png.a8fcbbbe25c263ee672f7f150e8b5ec6.png

PSV.png.7ab11a5c93b9735a2f5027c2e3645f99.png

Edited by Johnny Ace

14 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

They do alright but I'm not trying to get them the best rating on the team 

Fen.png.a8fcbbbe25c263ee672f7f150e8b5ec6.png

PSV.png.7ab11a5c93b9735a2f5027c2e3645f99.png

Okay. No PI? But as mentioned in one of my previous posts, my target here is to make one of my wingers the best rated player in a season. I think that’s impossible. And if you compare  IRL some of the best players for the last decade is IW/IF like Manè, Salah, Mbappe, Messi, younger CR7, Robben, Neymar etc. etc. 

Edited by ThomasHK1979

Just now, ThomasHK1979 said:

Okay. No PI? But as mentioned in one of my previous posts is to make one of my wingers the best rated player. I think that’s impossible. And if you se IRL some of the best players for the last decade is IW/IF like Manè, Salah, Mbappe, Messi, younger CR7, Robben, Neymar etc. etc. 

No PIs 

Making those players the best rated player on the pitch is very possible (maybe not Robben now :lol:)

I do agree, the ratings are harsh, Ronaldo got 20 goals playing as an IF on one of my saves & only got a 7.14 ave rating for the season but I wouldn't say it was impossible to get them the highest rated on the team   

24 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Okay. No PI? But as mentioned in one of my previous posts, my target here is to make one of my wingers the best rated player in a season. I think that’s impossible. And if you compare  IRL some of the best players for the last decade is IW/IF like Manè, Salah, Mbappe, Messi, younger CR7, Robben, Neymar etc. etc. 

And again you're providing zero information of what team and what players and what system you are trying this with. But already I have shown you it's possible considering my winger in my Nice save is the 2nd highest rated player in the league behind another IF (Neymar). This is my problem with your OP and subsequent posts it's obvious that you have decided it's impossible and are now just glossing over the posts that prove you are wrong.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

5 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

And again you're providing zero information of what team and what players and what system you are trying this with. But already I have shown you it's possible considering my winger in my Nice save is the 2nd highest rated player in the league behind another IF (Neymar). This is my problem with your OP and subsequent posts it's obvious that you have decided it's impossible and are now just glossing over the posts that prove you are wrong.

My Challenge is quite simple. Choose any team you like. Use a 4231 or 433 formation at make one of the IF/IWs to have the best season average on your team. I haven’t seen anyone being possible to manage that yet. 

Another thing that there’s quite simple. Move on if you don’t like the post. 

Edited by ThomasHK1979

Here we go!

3 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

My IW (s) in AML position at Anderlecht is best rated player and won belgian golden boot in this system. (He is also based on stars the best player of my team) two consecutive years

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/550091-looking-for-feedback-on-my-first-succesful-tactic/

As for moving along, this is a help forum and so far you have failed to provide any details of your own tactics whilst telling other people we are wrong(after providing proof no less). Please show us your tactics and the players and let's start finding what the problem is.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

43 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

My Challenge is quite simple. Choose any team you like. Use a 4231 or 433 formation at make one of the IF/IWs to have the best season average on your team. I haven’t seen anyone being possible to manage that yet. 

Another thing that there’s quite simple. Move on if you don’t like the post. 

City.png.99d14165536fd0a418a086ee6408f3a2.png

There, really wasn't hard 

2 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Another thing that there’s quite simple. Move on if you don’t like the post

Please be more polite and respectful with people trying to help you. Because otherwise you can easily see your topic locked. Especially if you persist with comments like this one.

Thank you.

What's the point of getting high ratings on you IF/IW anyway? The only important thing is whether your tactic is working as you wish. Is it effective in winning you games?

I don't get this obsessesion that some people have with ratings. Even if the player is not scoring or directly assisting on goals, he might be creating space for others to do so. And that in itself could be worth more than any simple 7 rating. 

Edited by crusadertsar

13 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

IF(A) FM full game

If you're not going to post up your tactic, no one can help

I don't think he is looking for tactical advise. I saw his thread in bugs forum. He believes there's something wrong with the game and wants us to validate this belief for him.

Edited by crusadertsar

3 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

What's the point of getting high ratings on you IF/IW anyway? The only important thing is whether your tactic is working as you wish. Is it effective in winning you games?

I don't get this obsessesion that some people have with ratings. Even if the player is not scoring or directly assisting on goals, he might be creating space for others to do so. And that in itself could be worth more than any simple 7 rating. 

I want to investigate if it’s possible to get your LW/IF the highest rated players in a 4231 system. Nothing else. Move on if you don’t like it!

3 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

I don't think he is looking for tactical advise. I saw his thread in bugs forum. He believes there's something wrong with the game and wants us to validate this belief for him.

HE believe? 🙄. That’s why this is a 5 page thread that’s under review from SI. Of course it’s only me experiencing this🤦🏻

10 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

I want to investigate if it’s possible to get your LW/IF the highest rated players in a 4231 system. Nothing else. Move on if you don’t like it!

HE believe? 🙄. That’s why this is a 5 page thread that’s under review from SI. Of course it’s only me experiencing this🤦🏻

Point 1: It's been proven to you more than once now that it is possible. BTW do you not even see how often you have shifted the goal posts on this. Your initial OP was a blanket one, then the first response showed it working in a 442, so you removed that from your point and it became 433/4231 until Johnny proved to you it works in a 433 and now it's 4231 which has already been proven to you once in just this thread. 

Point2: Why don't you share your tactics just so we can confirm this isn't a tactical issue? At the moment you are suggesting we must have some different me that allows us to get high ratings for IF/IW so why not share your tactics and we can confirm that point right here right now for you.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

46 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Point 1: It's been proven to you more than once now that it is possible.

Point2: Why don't you share your tactics just so we can confirm this isn't a tactical issue? At the moment you are suggesting we must have some different me that allows us to get high ratings for IF/IW so why not share your tactics and we can confirm that point right here right now for you.

Point 1: No it have not. Please show me a link where it is possible in a 4231 system. A 4231 system not a 433. 

Point 2: Because I’m not playing a save atm. My only target is to investigate if it’s possible to get the IW/IF positions in a 4231 system to be the best rated players throughout the season. 

1 minute ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Point 1: No it have not. Please show me a link where it is possible in a 4231 system. A 4231 system not a 433. 

Point 2: Because I’m not playing a save atm. My only target is to investigate if it’s possible to get the IW/IF positions in a 4231 system to be the best rated players throughout the season. 

I have already pointed this out to you once before.

On 14/03/2021 at 09:14, DavyDepuydt1 said:

13 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Point 1: You never said in a 4-2-3-1

Point 2: So there's zero point to this if you're not playing the game, you may as as well be asking to see a keeper score 50 goals a season 

On 14/03/2021 at 06:09, ThomasHK1979 said:

I dare anyone. Show me with any team YOU are managing that you can get your IF or IW in a 4231 or 433 system to be your best rated player in a season. Even top 3 is close to impossible. 

LNbtwfK.png

MpU0fK5.png

g6K7mn0.png

Play with an Inverted Winger (Attack) on both sides, and my wingers are regularly the 2nd/3rd highest rated player on my team in a season, only behind either Haaland as Advanced Forward or Sergio Gomez as my AM(S).

It's really not that hard to get good ratings out of them.

3 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

LNbtwfK.png

MpU0fK5.png

g6K7mn0.png

Play with an Inverted Winger (Attack) on both sides, and my wingers are regularly the 2nd/3rd highest rated player on my team in a season, only behind either Haaland as Advanced Forward or Sergio Gomez as my AM(S).

Do you use a defensive midfielder in your tactics? My inside forward and inverted winger are having good avg ratings but my dmc it's been pretty average, like 6.7/6.8

1 hour ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

I have already pointed this out to you once before.

The best part is he even replied to that post and that person replied back to him. Makes you wonder if OP even bothered to read what is being posted here lol

39 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Do you use a defensive midfielder in your tactics? My inside forward and inverted winger are having good avg ratings but my dmc it's been pretty average, like 6.7/6.8

Nope, I play a pretty standard 4-2-3-1.

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Point 1: You never said in a 4-2-3-1

Point 2: So there's zero point to this if you're not playing the game, you may as as well be asking to see a keeper score 50 goals a season 

Ok then. 

Edited by ThomasHK1979

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

LNbtwfK.png

MpU0fK5.png

g6K7mn0.png

I would very much like to see your formation. Thanks. I’m trying to get my IWs to have high ratings in a 4231 system. 

59 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Please share your 4231 formation. Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

I would very much like to see your formation. Thanks. I’m trying to get my IWs to have high ratings in a 4231 system. 

I mean, according to your posts, you're not actually running a save, so you aren't "trying". However:
1ujaab9.png

That's not a 4-2-3-1 ETA: Jordan's is :lol:

@ThomasHK1979 post up your 4-2-3-1 so you can be helped out. People are telling you it's possible & you're just asking for the tactic, when  you said you weren't playing the game :idiot:

Edited by Johnny Ace