Body language

I’ve actually had good success with shouts. Drawing = encourage. Goal behind = berate. Etc.

Of course, it depends on your personality and the personality of your squad, but I’ve found those two, in particular, to be quite useful. Team full of green faces 😁

1 hour ago, turnip said:

You 'fired up' your players and now some of them are angry. That's... the point.

1 hour ago, turnip said:

You 'fired up' your players and now some of them are angry. That's... the point.

But why should they get angry when i'm losing say for instance and i want to fire them up, they are going to get angry when i thought if you was losing and shouted fire up it would spur them on and want to do better

By the looks of what SI say about fire up

Untitled.png

The shouts system is one of the many in this game that is both counter intuitive and punishing if you make the wrong choice. Common sense is of no use, the only way to figure out the system is through trial and error. I try to experiment a little with shouts in friendlies, but I usually forget.

"encourage" is basically safe unless you team is leading, but when it doubt just don't say anything. The half time team talk is a lot more reliable.

9 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

I love when we are underdogs, we are up 2-0 and I praise them. Instantly getting confused red responses all over. It is amazing how real that aspect of the game is. Wink, wink.

I've been through this. Once, when I was new to this game I noticed that my young, inexperienced winger had just set up a goal. Thinking that it would be a good idea to provide some positive reinforcement and build his confidence I decided to praise him. Of course, he immediately became complacent and played like **** afterwards.

The funny thing is how inconsistent it is. If they are playing well praising them at half time or post game works wonders, but if you try it during the game the players react like you just insulted their mothers..

Oddly enough, I have had the most success using the praise shout on players who are playing badly and starting to lose confidence.

What I have noticed ( maybe I am wrong and need more testing ) is that some shouts are not good to use for the "entire team": " fire up", "focus", "calm down".

They seem to have some effect when used on one or two specific players , when it's needed: "fired up" doesn't look like it has a positive effect on defender for example. Again, maybe I am wrong.

" Praise " , " Encourage" , "Demand more" are safe bets for the "entire team" with 9,10 positive results.

13 hours ago, BuzzR said:

What I have noticed ( maybe I am wrong and need more testing ) is that some shouts are not good to use for the "entire team": " fire up", "focus", "calm down".

They seem to have some effect when used on one or two specific players , when it's needed: "fired up" doesn't look like it has a positive effect on defender for example. Again, maybe I am wrong.

" Praise " , " Encourage" , "Demand more" are safe bets for the "entire team" with 9,10 positive results.

That's exactly what iv changed i now only give shouts to individual players or unless i'm losing like by 3 goals and all the team is not playing good

Edited by jckc221013jamie

Shouts needs a complete revamp. There should be a mixture of shouts - some that can help with ‘morale’ (albeit slightly) but also shouts that change the position of players and adjust this automatically and accordingly in the tactics - as long as it’s clear what they do. 

I should be able to shout ‘get forward more’ and this should change the teams approach and system. That’s what happens in real life and shouts haven’t been implemented right yet. It seems they are all ‘morale’ related this year and it’s not right. 

Edited by DP

1 hour ago, DP said:

Shouts needs a complete revamp. There should be a mixture of shouts - some that can help with ‘morale’ (albeit slightly) but also shouts that change the position of players and adjust this automatically and accordingly in the tactics - as long as it’s clear what they do. 

I should be able to shout ‘get forward more’ and this should change the teams approach and system. That’s what happens in real life and shouts haven’t been implemented right yet. It seems they are all ‘morale’ related this year and it’s not right. 

You should use team and player instructions to make tactic based changes such as forward more

Edited by francis#17

4 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

You should use team and player instructions to make tactic based changes such as forward more

Well yeah, you can but this is meant to be quick shouts from the touch line. It’s supposed to replicate a manager literally shouting onto the pitch. One of the things a manager does from the pitch is dictate player positions and telling them where they should be. This should be part of shouts as a quick way to change shape, either getting back or getting forward. I do also agree there should be morale based shouts but it should be a little of both and be really clear in terms of potential effects on the team. Good and bad, depending on the situation. 

Edited by DP

Touchline shouts depend on the context of the match and and a lot of the time the overall body language of the players should be taken into account as well.

OP, you're Colchester as far as I can see. In the example in the first post - is there really a need to fire up a team when they're ahead of all things? On that alone, it seems they're doing well. Can't see body language, but it's highly unlikely to be anything negative this early in a match and leading as well. By your own admission:

when i thought if you was losing and shouted fire up it would spur them on and want to do better

If they're ahead, this doesn't apply at all. 

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Touchline shouts depend on the context of the match and and a lot of the time the overall body language of the players should be taken into account as well.

OP, you're Colchester as far as I can see. In the example in the first post - is there really a need to fire up a team when they're ahead of all things? On that alone, it seems they're doing well. Can't see body language, but it's highly unlikely to be anything negative this early in a match and leading as well. By your own admission:

If they're ahead, this doesn't apply at all. 

I'm not on about when we are winning i'm on about losing, the shout fire up just makes everyone angry and i'm sure it shouldn't specially when loosing 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

3 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

I'm not on about when we are winning i'm on about losing, the shout fire up just makes everyone angry and i'm sure it shouldn't specially when loosing 

It's not just about winning or losing though. It would make sense to fire up a team, if you're the better team, playing poorly and trailing in a match.

59 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's not just about winning or losing though. It would make sense to fire up a team, if you're the better team, playing poorly and trailing in a match.

Yeah but i only use it if i'm mainly loosing or playing badly but they just always get angry so when would be the best time to use it if they get angry when loosing or playing badly